Afolabi joins Celtic

Danbert

I think I read somewhere that he let his contract run down and left on a free.
True. He was offered an extension by us but he wanted to move to get a chance for more 1st team football.

Will get plenty of goals up north

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

True. He was offered an extension by us but he wanted to move to get a chance for more 1st team football.

There are conflicting reports about this.

He was a trialist at Millwall in April which is normally what we allow lads to do early to help them get a club if we aren’t offering a new deal.

Good player though. Celtic potentially a very good move - assuming he can break into the team.

No we released him at the end of last season.

It's not actually as clear cut as that. Training compensation is due when a player moves either during or at the end of his contract. If he was offered an extension and declined it then it is almost certain that training compensation is required to be paid by Celtic. Also as the transfer is international it makes it more likely. All that said, because there is no fee and because he was only at Saints for 3 years, the compensation payable is not likely to be very much, St Joseph's should also get a cut, as they should have done when he signed professional for us. This is what I can make out of the varoous legal stuff rated to this that can be found on the Web.