Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brighton away build-up

Default Brighton away build-up

Rather not go there and play 3 at the back and aim for a draw. Need to get the season going and show what we can do.

Gunn
    Valery Danso Bednarek Bertrand
    JWP Romeu Hojbjerg
    Djenepo Adams Redmond

I think Adams and Ings together just means we won't create much, one of the other for me and while he got the goal, I never feel confident with chances falling to Ings. Hoping Adams gets a goal soon and then settles.

It's not possible to play Danso yet, too raw and inexperienced in this league. Maybe on as a late sub to give him some practice but Ralph will be sticking with 3 CBs for the time being. He won't start with Djenepo either for the same reason.

My bet is it'll be the same XI that started on Saturday. Ings missing that late sitter will ensure he is benched once more. I am not expecting changes but would like to see Boufal on the bench instead of Armstrong.

I hope Danso starts as I've decided he is our CB Messiah and put him in my fantasy team for this week, the fact he is cheap had nothing to do with it.

Seriously though 2 games and 2 clear CB mistakes have cost goals, something should change.

If we go 3 I'd go Bednerak Danso Yoshida.

Pace and experience and whilst I get the sentiment about too raw but last season be marked Timo Werner and Batshuiyi out of games away from Augsburg.

2-2

Danso must replace Vestergard at the least really looking forward to this game as I have never been to the Amex and I am sure we will get at least a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    It's not possible to play Danso yet, too raw and inexperienced in this league. Maybe on as a late sub to give him some practice but Ralph will be sticking with 3 CBs for the time being. He won't start with Djenepo either for the same reason.

My bet is it'll be the same XI that started on Saturday. Ings missing that late sitter will ensure he is benched once more. I am not expecting changes but would like to see Boufal on the bench instead of Armstrong.
    What did Armstrong do Wrong?

For me he looked good when he got on was looking to make things happen and made forward runs which we lacked

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I say we roll the dice and try something different. 4231 with

Gunn

Romeu Hoj

JWP Ings Redmond

Adams

I suppose this could be considered a 4222 with Ings up top but would be interesting to play with a dedicated 10 to orchestrate the attack. If we need help breaking them down, JWP > Boufal/Djenepo. I really liked Djenepo in the brief cameo on the weekend, will be good to see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Rather not go there and play 3 at the back and aim for a draw. Need to get the season going and show what we can do.

Gunn
    JWP Romeu Hojbjerg
    Djenepo Adams Redmond

I think Adams and Ings together just means we won't create much, one of the other for me and while he got the goal, I never feel confident with chances falling to Ings. Hoping Adams gets a goal soon and then settles.
    I like that team.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Will likely see three at the back again given that Brighton set up the same. Ralph will match them up and hope our pace going forward proves decisive. However, will likely be a defensive howler that gifts Murray the winner

10. Default

Our defence vs Glenn Murray....

Trossard looks handy too.

Been to both Burnley and Liverpool and need to see an improvement from Bertrand and Valery, not giving enough for me, silly errors. No competition for the left back spot apart from Vokins who isnt ready yet. Bertrands body language drives me mad. Keep reading quotes from Valery that he's still learning yet basic defensive errors will come back to haunt us.

Just my opinion and will be there Saturday hoping for our first win.

Where is,Soares?

Quote Originally Posted by saintoaks View Post
    Been to both Burnley and Liverpool and need to see an improvement from Bertrand and Valery, not giving enough for me, silly errors. No competition for the left back spot apart from Vokins who isnt ready yet. Bertrands body language drives me mad. Keep reading quotes from Valery that he's still learning yet basic defensive errors will come back to haunt us.

Just my opinion and will be there Saturday hoping for our first win.
    I agree, they seem to be above criticism but Bertrand looks half hearted and Valery is still very green, they are really not helping much. Bertrand doesn't seem to bomb forward like he used to either.

I壇 go...

覧覧覧覧-Gunn
    覧Bednarek Yoshida Vestergaard
    Valery覧覧-Romeu覧覧-Bertrand
    覧覧憂WP覧幽ojbjerg
    覧覧覧由edmond
    覧覧悠ngs覧覧Adams

Djenepo and Boufal on the bench please.Valery and Bertrand to provide the width.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    I’d go...

————————-Gunn
    ——Bednarek Yoshida Vestergaard
    Valery————-Romeu————-Bertrand
    —————JWP———Hojbjerg
    ———————Redmond
    —————Ings————Adams

Djenepo and Boufal on the bench please.Valery and Bertrand to provide the width.
    Yeah great. That's 12 players on the field by my reckoning. The ref may be too involved with VAR to count the shirts, so go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post
    Where is,Soares?
    Nobu, I think.

Referee- Kevin Friend
    VAR Lee Mason
    ��

Quote Originally Posted by Fookwit View Post
    Referee- Kevin Friend
    VAR Lee Mason
    ��
    We're doomed.

Referee- Kevin Friend
    VAR Lee Mason
    ��
    Well lets give our 'Friend' a real Southampton welcome. Hes always the opponents 12th man and although we now have VAR hell still favour the other team.Have we ev er won a game that hes reffed?

Referee- Kevin Friend
    VAR Lee Mason
    ��
    Expect VAR to spot a penalty for them.

Friend and Mason, two of the worst officials around. This will be fun��

To digress, it's the Quadrophenia 40th anniversary Mods Weekender. Staying a couple of nights - could be an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    To digress, it's the Quadrophenia 40th anniversary Mods Weekender. Staying a couple of nights - could be an experience.

That could be an interesting cocktail...

Quote Originally Posted by hasper57saint View Post
    Well lets give our 'Friend' a real Southampton welcome. Hes always the opponents 12th man and although we now have VAR hell still favour the other team.Have we ev er won a game that hes reffed?
    Primed ready for an MLG answer

Must Win = We Won't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Must Win = We Won't.
    When痴 your break starting pal? Glad you池e still with us.

Must Win = We Won't.
    There you go Shroppie - Ace Face has just rocked up

Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    Yeah great. That's 12 players on the field by my reckoning. The ref may be too involved with VAR to count the shirts, so go for it.
    Oops!

Problem is not sure who to remove!

Probably one of Hojbjerg, Romeu , JWP or Ings - probably Ings right now.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    When’s your break starting pal? Glad you’re still with us.
    Just on the beach now.

Blog Entries

Just on the beach now.
    Who needs a surf board when you've got a mongboard.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bertrand move to left centre-half like he has for us before. Either Vokins or Cedric to play at wing back.

ralph said vestergard played well against liverpool so i dont expect he will be dropped. if anything it will be bednarek or valery who will make way

Quote Originally Posted by Maya's Dad View Post
    ralph said vestergard played well against liverpool so i dont expect he will be dropped. if anything it will be bednarek or valery who will make way
    Bednarek dropping out would be very surprising in my opinion. He is our best defender!

To go along with the mad cap suggestions - given how Ralph was blowing sunshine up Djenepos backside after his little cameo on Saturday - he might well start him at left/wing back and leave Bertie on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya's Dad View Post
    He's hardly likely to come out and say he's crap, but we know he is.

Doo doo doo come on and do the Danso!

Gunn, Valery, Danso, Yoshida, Bertrand, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Djenepo, Boufal, Redmond, Adams. Bosh. It won't be, but bosh. 4-2-3-1 bosh. Not sure why I'm saying bosh, it's just in my head. Bosh.

I still have this as our first win, but then I had our first draw as being Burnley, so I should probably downgrade my predo to a draw.

Think it'll likely be the same team as started last week.
    I'd assume Vestergaard is nailed on to play given their aerial threat.
    I expected Brighton to struggle so hopefully this will be the week this start to fall apart for Potter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    Think it'll likely be the same team as started last week.
    I'd assume Vestergaard is nailed on to play given their aerial threat.
    I expected Brighton to struggle so hopefully this will be the week this start to fall apart for Potter.
    given his height he really isn’t much of an aerial threat- don’t think he has the best of leaps on him

He also never looks close to scoring from our corners anyway frustratingly- don’t remember the last time a centre back headed one in for us, at least VVD and Fonte came in with a couple- last I can think of is Bednarek vs Chelsea volley (home 17/1 and before that Yoshida vs Stoke bicycle kick (away 17/1

Stephens has scored a few including one against Cardiff at the end of last season before gifting them that late winner.

Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    given his height he really isn’t much of an aerial threat- don’t think he has the best of leaps on him

He also never looks close to scoring from our corners anyway frustratingly- don’t remember the last time a centre back headed one in for us, at least VVD and Fonte came in with a couple- last I can think of is Bednarek vs Chelsea volley (home 17/1 and before that Yoshida vs Stoke bicycle kick (away 17/1
    Scoring from corners is something different. He is good at winning aerial duals when he’s not in no mans land like for burnley’s first. Given brighton’s Center backs are a danger scoring from corners it makes sense to play him imo.

anyone really believe we will win this?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Certainly not an impossibility yes. It's Brighton and they really aren't all that good.

Yes!
    It's Brighton away, not Man City! They are a team on our level - below average and beatable if we play well. I'm sure the Saints players will think it winnable - just like Brighton's will!

Does anyone have a couple of adult tickets they want to sell? Can collect. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Gunn, Valery, Danso, Yoshida, Bertrand, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Djenepo, Boufal, Redmond, Adams. Bosh. It won't be, but bosh. 4-2-3-1 bosh. Not sure why I'm saying bosh, it's just in my head. Bosh.

I still have this as our first win, but then I had our first draw as being Burnley, so I should probably downgrade my predo to a draw.
    Like this

We won there last year and I think we are now a better team

I would got with:

Gunn

Valery - Yoshida - Danso - Bertrand

JWP - Romeu - Hojbjerg

Adams - Ings - Redmond

Quote Originally Posted by waylander View Post
    We won there last year and I think we are now a better team
    They're 5th, 2 points off the top, we're second bottom without a point on the board, they say "the table never lies".....

Quote Originally Posted by alehouseboys View Post
    They're 5th, 2 points off the top, we're second bottom without a point on the board, they say "the table never lies".....
    The table may be lying a bit when we are only 1 point apart, we've both only played two games and one of ours was against Liverpool

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk