Begging fans to attend...

St Louis

There’s fewer than a thousand tickets left. It will be a sell out, or close to it.

Of course it will. About the only league game that hasn't sold out in the last half year was a midweek game against Fulham. The club prices games to JUST sell out, not to have games sold out weeks in advance with thousands left clamouring for tickets, hence the £65 ticket price.

Please elaborate, what was wrong with them?

Thanks

If you're asking that then you probably won't like the answer.

OH no not fans enjoying themselves and drinking a few beers? Please no!!

Don't forget to text ‘SFCReport’ to 60060 with a description and location

Get these clowns banned

If only that was the problem, but no sadly not.

Amazing!!! I've been a member for 25 years. This year they wrote to me to says that as I was living overseas they wouldn't be renewing my membership, as they wanted to give membership priority to people in the local area. I was completely stunned. I could understand the logic if we were a club who were selling out games every week and demand for tickets was so high that they had to prioritise, but to withdraw my membership without any real explanation other than the fact that I now live in Ireland seems absolutely absurd.

I wrote back to the club asking why 25 years of membership is no longer seen as important to them. I'm awaiting a response...

Amazing!!! I've been a member for 25 years. This year they wrote to me to says that as I was living overseas they wouldn't be renewing my membership, as they wanted to give membership priority to people in the local area. I was completely stunned. I could understand the logic if we were a club who were selling out games every week and demand for tickets was so high that they had to prioritise, but to withdraw my membership without any real explanation other than the fact that I now live in Ireland seems absolutely absurd.

I wrote back to the club asking why 25 years of membership is no longer seen as important to them. I'm awaiting a response...

They are trying to discourage new fans, especially from overseas. I had relatives visiting from abroad and bought membership cards for them which they used to go to the Koln game but the club wouldn't let them buy tickets for the Liverpool game with their cards nor let me buy them for them using mine. Meanwhile black market tickets were selling on StubHub for £200.

That seems unfair.

They are trying to discourage new fans, especially from overseas. I had relatives visiting from abroad and bought membership cards for them which they used to go to the Koln game but the club wouldn't let them buy tickets for the Liverpool game with their cards nor let me buy them for them using mine. Meanwhile black market tickets were selling on StubHub for £200.

Would they not have needed a purchase history for the Liverpool game? I’m assuming a friendly wouldn’t count.

Would they not have needed a purchase history for the Liverpool game? I’m assuming a friendly wouldn’t count.

That's why we all went to the Koln game but they still wouldn't let us buy tickets for Liverpool. New fans would have the same hurdles preventing them from buying tickets for the Man United game.

The Club is very much aware that attendances are all at or close to the stadium's capacity, the only exception in the last half year being the midweek game v Fulham. So, they don't want to encourage a lot of new fans, as the last thing the owner would want would be to face pressure to spend millions on stadium expansion, which would mean ticket prices could not be increased and might even have to be reduced so he wouldn't make any more money. The city's population and the club's fan base inevitably continue to grow though.