Are you travelling to Brighton this weekend?

travellingman

If so, remember BHAFC pay some of your travelling costs.

If going by train you only need to buy a return ticket to Worthing (from the west) Haywards Heath (From London direction) and Eastbourne/Seaford (from the east).

The rest of the journey to Falmer (Amex) via Brighton or Lewes is paid for. Plenty of pubs, cafes etc. around Brighton Station.

If travelling by car there are two Park & Ride schemes paid for by BHA. One is Mill Road which lies next to the junction of the A27/A23 and the other is at Brichton Racecouse which lies north east of the city centre. All you need to do is park for free and take the free bus to the stadium.

For both of the above you could be asked to present your match ticket.

Take note that there is no on road parking anywhere near the Amex but some may be available through the clubs car parks. You will need to contact BHA direct previous to the match to book any available space.

To find out much more about the above and plenty more about Brighton the city and club feel free to visit the non profit website http://www.footballcities.co.uk and go to the Brighton and Hove page. You might also find the Southampton and other city pages interesting.

Have a safe journey.

Really looking forward to this one! Anybody have plans for where to drink? Always nice to mingle with a few Saints beforehand.

I found this online, so we will probably do this before and after....

"Outside Brighton Mainline Station there are a number of excellent pubs'. Phil Kramer recommends the Evening Star, on Surrey Street. It is away fan friendly and only two a minute walk away from the station. It is in the CAMRA good beer guide and serves real Sussex ale and cider" - https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186273-d2264054-Reviews-The_Evening_Star-Brighton_East_Sussex_England.html

"After the game the bars at the ground remain open. The North Stand stays open to 8pm on a Saturday. So if you want to avoid the queues at the railway station then stay at the ground for a beer and watch the late kick off game on the television screens. They also display the departing train times on screen too, so you know when to leave"

My son and I drove to Lewes last time and parked in the rail station car park, plenty of spaces there then (train fare to Falmer included with the ticket). Along with a number of other Saints fans, we enjoyed a couple of pints of 'Taylors Landlord' in the Lansdown Arms on the corner opposite the car park entrance, highly recommended and with the winning result it was a grand day out indeed!

My son and I drove to Lewes last time and parked in the rail station car park, plenty of spaces there then (train fare to Falmer included with the ticket). Along with a number of other Saints fans, we enjoyed a couple of pints of 'Taylors Landlord' in the Lansdown Arms on the corner opposite the car park entrance, highly recommended and with the winning result it was a grand day out indeed!

Think thats exactly what I did. though I went 2 years ago, rather than last year

Looking forward to this one in the sun, getting the train this time so will actually make my way into Brighton!

Cheers for the heads up regarding train tickets, handy.

Agreed. Lewes is, IMO, better for pubs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Really looking forward to this one! Anybody have plans for where to drink? Always nice to mingle with a few Saints beforehand.

"Outside Brighton Mainline Station there are a number of excellent pubs'. Phil Kramer recommends the Evening Star, on Surrey Street. It is away fan friendly and only two a minute walk away from the station. It is in the CAMRA good beer guide and serves real Sussex ale and cider" - https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186273-d2264054-Reviews-The_Evening_Star-Brighton_East_Sussex_England.html

"After the game the bars at the ground remain open. The North Stand stays open to 8pm on a Saturday. So if you want to avoid the queues at the railway station then stay at the ground for a beer and watch the late kick off game on the television screens. They also display the departing train times on screen too, so you know when to leave"

A group of us are going to the Battle of Trafalgar - Nice big beer garden out the back and good beer and away fan friendly - turn right out of station and then 1 min up the hill

Nice one, The Prince Albert is CRACKING PUB, Turn right out of the station and down the hill.