Fulham vs Saints (LC) - Build Up

geordiesaint

Shall we make this the official buildup thread?

Ralph (unsurprisingly) has said he will tweak defence & attack. No shortage of options for him.

Hopefully Hoedt doesn’t get to relieve his Craven Cottage nightmare of last season.

McCarthy / Yoshi / Cedric / Boufal / Djenepo / Long should all get minutes.

----------------McCarthy---------------

------Bednarek---Yoshida----Danso------

Cedric-----Slattery-----Romeu-----Vokins

--------Armstrong--------Boufal---------

--------------Long/Obafemi-------------

Subs: Gunn, Vestergaard, Valery, Hojbjerg, Djenepo, Adams, Long/Obafemi

If Hoedt is not leaving, play him instead of Bednarek and put the latter on the bench instead of Vestergaard.

Good chance to get some momentum and get another win, Fulham play away to Cardiff on Friday and will also make lots of changes.

Will be a strange atmosphere, the whole side stand nearest the away fans is in the process of being knocked down and Fulham have only sold about 3000 in rest of the ground. No idea why they didn't give us more tickets and just make the whole Putney end the away allocation.

Saints u23 play Liverpool on Monday night so we'll have an idea on who will feature depending on the line up for that.

------Bednarek---Yoshida----Danso------

Cedric-----Slattery-----Romeu-----Vokins

--------Armstrong--------Boufal---------

--------------Long/Obafemi-------------

Subs: Gunn, Vestergaard, Valery, Hojbjerg, Djenepo, Adams, Long/Obafemi

If Hoedt is not leaving, play him instead of Bednarek and put the latter on the bench instead of Vestergaard.

Currently a good call with Hoedt ....

What is happening with him?

Fulham are no walk over. Play a strong team:

----Bednarek---Yoshida----Danso-----

Vallery---------------------------Vokins (if Bertrand is injured)

----------Hojberg----Romeu-----------

----Redmond-------------Djenepo-----

------------------Adams----------------

Subs: Gunn, Vestergaard, Cedric, Slattery, Armstrong, Boufal, Ings

Fulham are no walk over. Play a strong team:

----Bednarek---Yoshida----Danso-----

Vallery---------------------------Vokins (if Bertrand is injured)

----------Hojberg----Romeu-----------

----Redmond-------------Djenepo-----

------------------Adams----------------

Subs: Gunn, Vestergaard, Cedric, Slattery, Armstrong, Boufal, Ings

forgot about JWP. Maybe even play him ahead of Romeu to save Rom to booking he always gets

Shall we make this the official buildup thread?

Ralph (unsurprisingly) has said he will tweak defence & attack. No shortage of options for him.

Hopefully Hoedt doesn’t get to relieve his Craven Cottage nightmare of last season.

McCarthy / Yoshi / Cedric / Boufal / Djenepo / Long should all get minutes.

Yes

I'd say we should use this game for 3 purposes: To get Adams a goal and some confidence, to bed Danso in as a CB, and to test Djenepo in a 3421 as a wingback as that seems to be our best formation. Given this I'd try:

McCarthy

Bednarek Danso Vestergaard/Yoshida

Valery Romeu Armstrong Djenepo

Obafemi Adams Boufal

Gives a good chance to some players close to the starting 11 whilst also allowing our defence to have more pitch time to gel.

I'd say we should use this game for 3 purposes: To get Adams a goal and some confidence, to bed Danso in as a CB, and to test Djenepo in a 3421 as a wingback as that seems to be our best formation. Given this I'd try:

McCarthy

Bednarek Danso Vestergaard/Yoshida

Valery Romeu Armstrong Djenepo

Obafemi Adams Boufal

Gives a good chance to some players close to the starting 11 whilst also allowing our defence to have more pitch time to gel.

That team would be ripped apart in midfield and have no link from defence to attack.

As Slattery and Smallbone both played last night, I have a feeling Danso will be tried at DM alongside Hojbjerg or Romeu. Then a back four of Cedric Yoshida Hoedt/Stephens (or possibly retain Vestergaard or Bednarek, who knows) Bertrand (if fit)

Then

Djenepo JWP/Armstrong

Adams Long/Obafemi

With the alternatives to come on at some stage from the bench.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thomas O'Connor didn't play for the U23's last night. He's usually Captain and a staple of the team in DM or CB in a three. Unless he's injured I suppose there is a chance he could be in the matchday squad for tonight.

Would be a bit of an odd one, especially as Smallbone seemed to be favoured in pre season, he got the most minutes out of everyone. Personally think we should be looking at a pretty strong team to get some confidence. Hopefully we can get Adams a goal. Not sure Djenepo is ready for a start, as on current performance, he'll get sent off.

McCarthy; Cedric Danso Yoshida Bertrand; Romeu Armstrong; Boufal Redmond; Adams Long

Thomas O'Connor didn't play for the U23's last night. He's usually Captain and a staple of the team in DM or CB in a three. Unless he's injured I suppose there is a chance he could be in the matchday squad for tonight.

He missed the Derby game too but if fit I think he'll play, probably DM. I think will also see a random youngster or two, perhaps Hansen on the bench. Impossible to predict but it could be something as random as....

McCarthy

Stephens Hoedt Yoshida Cedric

O'Connor Armstrong

Boufal Djenepo

Obafemi Long

McCarthy

Cedric

Yoshida ©

Danso

Vokins (if he's not fit then find some other nipper)

Stephens (I don't for a minute think he's capable of playing CM in the Premier League but we only have two available and competent central midfielders in the squad)

Romeu

Long

Armstrong

Boufal

O'bafemi

Bench:

Gunn

Vestergaard

(nipper)

JWP

Adam's

Djenepo

Redmond

Aim to get Adam's on for the last 30 minutes and to take off Romeu and Danso as well, if possible.

I was thinking;

————————McCarthy————————-

——Stephens-Vestergaard-Yoshida————

-Cedric———————————--Djenepo—-

——————Slattery-Romeu ©—————

—Armstrong——Adams———-Boufal——-

Subs; Lewis, Danso, Valery, Højbjerg, Prowse, Obafemi, Long.

Although Slattery playing last night probably rules him out, in which case Højbjerg in.

Can’t see Ralph risking Bertrand or Ings (can’t see Ings playing more than one game a week ever).

Adams in ahead of Long and Obafemi to try and build confidence.