Fulham vs Saints (LC) - Build Up

geordiesaint

Thomas O'Connor didn't play for the U23's last night. He's usually Captain and a staple of the team in DM or CB in a three. Unless he's injured I suppose there is a chance he could be in the matchday squad for tonight.

Was thinking the same thing - he's the only obvious contender from the u23s based on who didn't play.

A real outside bet to play would be Lemina

If we can't shift him (or rather he's failed to convince anyone he's half as good as he thinks he is) then his reintegration could start tonight.

Pretty far fetched, I Grant you. I reckon McCarthy, Djenepo and Boufal (and probably Cedric) will start, obafemi will feature at some point, and O'Connor will be in the squad. Beyond that is anyone's guess IMHO

FYI on those looking for tickets, Fulham are selling tickets in the Saints end on the away gate. They offered Saints extra tickets but Saints said no, so Fulham are just selling them on the gate.

That'll be handy for some but a bit late for most. Can't blame the club for not taking extra tickets if only offered last minute, why Fulham just didn't open the Putney End for Saints fans was crazy, they were never likely to sell out home seats despite only 3 sides to the ground right now, they could easily accommodated their new Putney End ST holders elsewhere.

Did I read somewhere that Ralph said Danso was going to start at left back at Brighton even before Bertrand's 'injury' or am I just imagining that in the summer heat haze?
You did. Which was very, very strange unless there was some kind of issue, which it appears there is.

Hopefully it can be gotten overly pretty quickly as we cannot have CBs and CMs playing LB in the PL.

Also, the decision for Vokins to play U23s would be bizarre if RB isnt playing. If Vokins can't play vs Fulham in the CC than when will be play this season?!

I'd like to see:

McCarthy

Cedric Yoshida Danso Bertrand

Romeu Armstrong

Djenepo Boufal

Obafemi Long

and have a strong bench in case they're needed.

That’s a decent side and would make my informant incorrect. We need to kick on. No more disruption.

I think Ralph wants to play 3-5-2 where possible with Danso on the left the 3 and an attacking player that can get back and provide cover on the left of the 5. This is in contrast to the right side where valery or Cedric are more defensive minded but play on the right of the 5.

Ideally, Bertie is an option for the left side but so in djenepo, so is bouf, so is Cedric, so is armstrong, so is redmond.

I think Bertie perhaps doesnt like being an option but the reality is bertie has not been an attacking force since he got injured about 2 seasons ago and Ralph wants someone like djenepo to learn the defensive side of the game.

:)

Just had a rather splendid artisan sausage roll... Cost me a fiver mind you... #poshpub

You peaked early, didn't go last season but for the Cup game season before, we had one of their Hot Dogs in the ground proper sausage not the usual rubbery stuff sort - they weren't cheap but they were bloody good, so good Mrs JBS normally dallies over her grub turned around and it had vanished.

You peaked early, didn't go last season but for the Cup game season before, we had one of their Hot Dogs in the ground proper sausage not the usual rubbery stuff sort - they weren't cheap but they were bloody good, so good Mrs JBS normally dallies over her grub turned around and it had vanished.
Me? Peak too early? Story of my life... :)

Apologies being subbed. We will see tonight if the story makes sense.

Seems so. No Bertrand in the squad at all, and it looks like PEH will be playing LB.

I like the look of our front 4. Plenty of pace in there with Djenepo, Boufal, Redmond and Obafemi. If Fulham's defence is still as bad as it was last season then it could be a goal fest.

That would make some kind of sense, but people are saying Hojbjerg at LB. Odd.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Now that would be weird. It’s coming from Blackmore so he’s either been drinking or got some inside info.

Edited by Greenridge

I try and stay positive, and think the (I think) front 4 looks exciting. But I do get slightly worried when I haven't a clue what formation we're playing based on the team sheet. Could be anything quite frankly.

Oh well, fingers crossed it all works well