Richard Kitzbichler - new Asst Coach

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

How many coaches and assistant coaches does that make? I tried to read the article but I have to complete a survey about robots before reading. :(

Are they all going to find a seat in the dugout on match days?

He has replaced Danny Rohl, so no more than there would have been. Whether Craig Fleming gets a seat is another matter, as he was promoted to first team during the summer.

He has replaced Danny Rohl, so no more than there would have been. Whether Craig Fleming gets a seat is another matter, as he was promoted to first team during the summer.

Has he? He is an assistant Coach, not Assistant Manager.

Surely the hierarch is (1) Manager, (2) Asst Manager, (3) Coach, and (4) Asst Coach. Salaries will reflect that.

• Like 1

Surely the hierarch is (1) Manager, (2) Asst Manager, (3) Coach, and (4) Asst Coach. Salaries will reflect that.

He does the video analysis, which I believe is what Rohl was credited for before he went.

We don't have anyone with the title "coach" or "assistant manager". Like KD, DW and CF he will be a First Team Assistant Coach. The Coach they are assisting is Ralph. You may be right that because Rohl was Assistant manager RK is not a direct replacement, whether he is seen as senior to the 3 other assistant coaches remains to be seen, but it seems to be the inference from the announcement in the Echo "Saints have appointed Richard Kitzbichler as the new assistant to Ralph Hasenhuttl". Anyway, bottom line is that he has replaced Danny Rohl in terms of numbers, whether or not he has replaced his role, which was the point of your post (numbers of bums on seats in the dug out)

• 10 months later...

Richard is great! I think and believe he does a fantastic job.

Did Kitzbichler and Hasenhüttl ever play together in the same team? No, actually not.

Ralph played for Austria Wien from 1989-1994, while Kitzbichler played for Austria from 2003-2005.

Both played also for Austria Salzburg (before they got "transformed" into Red Bull Salzburg, well Red Bull bought Austria Salzburgs licence in 2005), Ralph played for Austria Salzburg from 1994- 1996 (reached the UEFA-Cup final against AC Milan) and Richard from 1997-2002.

Both also played for the Austrian squad. Richard did so from 1996-2002, Ralph from 1988-1994. Of course, Ralph is a few years older than Richi.

EDIT:

I can't believe i have done that but i actually found a game on youtube in the Austrian league when Ralph and Richard met in a game. Richard played 90 mins, Ralph from minute 79.. ;)

Great goal from Artner from minute 5:49

Richi Kitzbichlers goal attempt from 6:47

Edited by Austerikke
forgot something to add
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Austerikke said:

Richard is great! I think and believe he does a fantastic job.

Did Kitzbichler and Hasenhüttl ever play together in the same team? No, actually not.

Ralph played for Austria Wien from 1989-1994, while Kitzbichler played for Austria from 2003-2005.

Both played also for Austria Salzburg (before they got "transformed" into Red Bull Salzburg, well Red Bull bought Austria Salzburgs licence in 2005), Ralph played for Austria Salzburg from 1994- 1996 (reached the UEFA-Cup final against AC Milan) and Richard from 1997-2002.

Both also played for the Austrian squad. Richard did so from 1996-2002, Ralph from 1988-1994. Of course, Ralph is a few years older than Richi.

EDIT:

I can't believe i have done that but i actually found a game on youtube in the Austrian league when Ralph and Richard met in a game. Richard played 90 mins, Ralph from minute 79.. ;)

Great goal from Artner from minute 5:49

Richi Kitzbichlers goal attempt from 6:47

Cheers for posting - nice having someone with a good knowledge of both.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...