Brighton vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

we have been so woeful. Danso holding in own out of position and Vest has played well (he's had to). Why oh why do we play JWP on the right, zero pace and offers nothing other than set-pieces if and when they come. We have Boufal and that new lad on the bench!?? drives me crazy, we are so slow and predictable.

Another pathetic performance so far. We lack cohesion all over the pitch. Danso at left back is puzzling. Our defence panics whenever the ball is near them, midfield too slow and ponderous. Adams/ings/Redmond all quiet up front. Not sure what the answer is, but something has to change.

HT

that was as bad as anything in the last 18 months.

utterly awful

slow, sideways, give it away

no pattern of play that is remotely dangerous bar give it to redmond to do something or Ings closing down the keeper

what the hell has happened?

I would have cedric on at LB and Djenepo on....sharpish

HT

utterly awful

no pattern of play that is remotely dangerous bar give it to redmond to do something or Ings closing down the keeper

Are we losing? You’ve lost it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT

utterly awful

Maybe take a break from Saints and football, you are clearly not enjoying it. Don’t let your health suffer.

https://cricfree.sc/watch/live/brighton-vs-southampton-live-streaming

Best I've managed to find. Foreign commentary and a channel logo floating around the screen every so often but decent quality.

Can someone explain what happened for the red card and why they seem to be boo'ing Valerie? Only turned it on just as they were disallowing Brighton's goal.

****e team selection again. Danso, understandably looking out of sorts at left-back and not offering a lot going forward, even with those poor long throws. Still don't understand Vestergaard over Yoshida. Yoshida's a better defender and even gets on the end of attacking set pieces, which I've never seen Vestergaard do despite his height. And, I know Ward-Prowse improved measurably last season and was one of out better performers in the second half of the campaign, but he doesn't fit this formation at all. Get him off for Boufal or Djenepo at half time, as he's not giving the Brighton defenders anything to think about. I also don't think the Ings/Adams experiment is working.

But, hey. It's 0-0 and we're playing against 10 men.