Saints vs Man Utd - Build Up

Lighthouse

On the assumption that Redmond is out for the foreseeable future and Bertrand is still on the naughty step....

---------------------------------- Gunn -------------------------------------

----------- Bednarek ----------- Danso -------------- Yoshida ------------

Valery ------------------------------------------------------------ Hojbjerg

----------------- Ward-Prowse --------------- Romeu ---------------------

---- Djnepo --------------------- Adams ---------------------- Boufal ----

Subs: McCarthy, Cedric, Vestergard, Armstrong, Long, Ings, Obefemi

Quite like this side but would prefer hojbjerg in the centre to try keep Pogba more quiet,, he might have to much athleticism for jwp and Romeau..

I’d also play Ings over Adams atm just think Ings has offered more overall better closing down better build up play creating more his own chances and for others, Adams has been fairly anonymous bar missing couple of odd chances

I know I said this last week, but surely Jakey Vokins is given a chance. He looked more than ready in preseason.
You'd have thought so, but his ommission from the squad Vs Fulham doesn't tally with Ralph believing he's "ready"? Would surely have been the ideal opportunity to give him game time with the senior squad?

You'd have thought so, but his ommission from the squad Vs Fulham doesn't tally with Ralph believing he's "ready"? Would surely have been the ideal opportunity to give him game time with the senior squad?
Maybe it was more important to experiment with PEH at left back. He looked good there, at least defensively, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's used in that way again.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Would go..

-------------------------Gunn

--------------Bednarek Danso Yoshida----------------

Valery------------------Romeu---------------Bertrand

------------------Hojbjerg-------JWP-------------------

-------------------------Boufal--------------------------

--------------------------Ings-------------------------

Allegedly, he was dropped by Ralph after having a hissy fit at being subbed off against Liverpool.

Allegedly.

Then we're cutting our nose off to spite our face. He is our only decent LB now Targett has gone. Who is the back up? Vokins? McQueen? We can't go on with make-do LB in Hojberg/Djenepo.

Get in the office together, have a coffee and sort it out, rather than put him on the naughty step. That's man management.

If we go three at the back, surely it has to be Danso Bednarek and Yoshida? Vestegaard way too slow and they're unlikely to be playing high balls into the box, Hoedt and Stephens not good enough. Someone needs their head inspecting if it's any other back three.

According to RH, Obafemi us very doubtful.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So that's 3 of our forward players out injured following the Fulham game then. Great :rolleyes:

I thought it was reported Obafemi only had cramp. Is he even capable of playing 90 minutes without getting crocked?

Is he even capable of playing 90 minutes without getting crocked?

Didn't Ralph describe him as an F1 car, needs a lot of care and warming up to hit top speed and is liable to break at any moment.

I am sure I read an article saying that its something to do with his body make up or something. Can;t find it right now, but I am not sure he is quite right.

Given injuries I would go for:

Gunn

Valery

Danso

Bednarek

Bertrand

Hojbjerg

Romeu

JWP

Boufal

Ings

Adams

I would also go for this team.

Redmond will be a big loss, everything good offensively seems to go through him. Djenepo would have been my pick to replace him for this game as well. Big opportunity for Boufal to impress, but I'm not sure what we will get from him.

With Redmond I fancied us to push them close. Think we will lack the cutting edge going forward and lose 0-2. Hope I'm wrong, I live near Manchester and would love it if we beat them.

So that's 3 of our forward players out injured following the Fulham game then. Great :rolleyes:

I thought it was reported Obafemi only had cramp. Is he even capable of playing 90 minutes without getting crocked?

TBF given the draw I don't mind that we played a strong team against Fulham [emoji6]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Is Bertie fit not seen him any photos today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RH said he trained yesterday and today but didnt seem enthusiastic about picking him for Saturday.

Came across a bit weird/evasive IMO.

Expecting Danso or Cedric at LB personally, something has gone on with RB.

Confirmed that Redmond djenpo & obbafemi are all out, and who are our quality back ups for these players in our new RH streamlined team?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

How many players in the same position do you expect us to have? The squad is already bloated as it is, and Boufal, Obafemi and Djenepo were already not in the team.

How many players in the same position do you expect us to have? The squad is already bloated as it is, and Boufal, Obafemi and Djenepo were already not in the team.

Exactly this.

We effectively have Redmond out of our normal XI and either Armstrong or Boufal to replace him. Djenepo and Obafemi are usually bench options anyway.

It might mean we actually have the chance to put an u23 on the bench for once alongside Long and either Boufal or Armstrong, whichever of the two misses out on starting.

RH said he trained yesterday and today but didnt seem enthusiastic about picking him for Saturday.

Came across a bit weird/evasive IMO.

Expecting Danso or Cedric at LB personally, something has gone on with RB.

Bit concerning if this is another senior player out of contention. Our defensive qualities aren't really good enough to afford having the likes of Bertrand kicking his heels on the sidelines.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Looking at the training photos N'Lundulu was with the first team yesterday, wonder if he will get a seat on the bench with Redmond, Djenepo, and Obafemi missing. In the U23 games I have seen with him playing he looks a tricky customer, quick with it.

Looks like Elyounoussi was in the training photos too, from what I have seen of him so far, if both are on the bench I would hope N'Lundulu is higher up Ralphs rankings.