Saints vs Man Utd - Build Up

Lighthouse

I'm usually as optimistic as they come, but I really worry we are going to get roasted here if we don't buck our ideas up.

Defensively we just can't seem to get anywhere near their players when they get forward. It's too easy for them to waltz into our box and it's only a matter of time before we concede more.

I'm usually as optimistic as they come, but I really worry we are going to get roasted here if we don't buck our ideas up.

Defensively we just can't seem to get anywhere near their players when they get forward. It's too easy for them to waltz into our box and it's only a matter of time before we concede more.

Just say it how it is. We are s***

For large parts of the half we looked on course for a battering, but we have also had a few spells where our passing and tackling has been ok. Unfortunately it's that final stage of the move that lets us down. Sometimes a sloppy pass, sometimes a crap attempt at a cross.

Thought Boufal was decent, but Wan-Bissaka is too good - for Palace last season no-one could get past him and that looks set to continue! Ings has also has some good touches/moves but just lacking something at the end - either a touch of pace or skill - to make something meaningful happen. Adams started off ok but has looked pretty poor for most of the half. Danso has looked good, Cedric being outnumbered but for goodness sake don't back off someone who can cut in and have a shot at goal when they are in the box, and then allow James to cut in every single time even though you know that's what he wants to do...

Still a chance I suppose, my main concern is that our tactics seem to leave us open to counter attacks, which our defenders aren't great at dealing with, but when we do create openings at the other end we don't have the quality to make the most of it. Same as it has always been really.