January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

SuperSAINT

That is subjective, what I read was tedious and just read as a lot of complaining about things people do not fully understand.

I did not see much that was 'interesting', I saw a lot of ignorance. This is a transfer thread, it's clearly supposed to be about discussing transfer rumours and potential incomings/outgoings, not the clubs PR record.

Coming the to the thread, seeing there are 4 new pages and then seeing it's people waffling on about meaningless crap is a waste of time, go put it in another thread IMO, all this crap about PR should be cleaned out of this thread because its off topic.

Oh you’re a barrel of laughs. I bet you’re one of those people who are still on Facebook then complain when people post holiday photos. “I can’t harmony and can’t abide civilised discourse!” Lol If you’re struggling to grasp the concept of social media, try Craig’s list. Or another options if dissident opinions offend you, don’t go on social media, doofus.

Incidentally, the club PR record is entirely embedded in the transfer window and absolutely to do with the January transfer window thread just for clarification but thanks for your right wing / Draconian view on differing opinion & freedom of choice. The reason we haven’t signed in consecutive transfer windows is because the club may possibly mislead but that’s speculative of course. To some, the club only sign players after making pinky promises (pinky promise sounds a bit like Quincy Promes! Lol) and they never, ever drip feed rumours and definitely not to The Telegraph or Jezza. ;o)

This. Trying to say it's not off topic because it's vaguely transfer-window related is stretching things … clearly most people see this thread title and want rumours, news, whatever, not pages of tedious arguments. Want to argue about club PR? Start another thread.

Of course, it would help if one of the people arguing wasn't the a moderator meant to be keeping threads on topic ...

To be fair, the most tedious and irritating part of this thread is the people complaining that it’s not on topic. Now there are pages of senseless whining which is hollow and devoid of substance. Errrrr, and off topic. I wanted to come on and read about Saints potential transfers and discuss some old comments made by the club relating to this transfer window.

Oh, wait!!!

Errrr, also, all of these topic bigots are actually off topic so can we just sensor their views as they’re not the same as mine? Fin fact, I came onto here with a certain expectation of comments and I haven’t been satisfied the direction in which the conversation has taken since I want to read plain delusion and false rumour links so could this be rectified please mods? Perhaps everything from page 3 removed if you don’t mind?! (I’m clearly joking because I don’t mind other people having an opinion or discussing a more left field angle unlike some of the massive bells on this website!!) Lol I bet half of them wanted a second referendum. ;o)

He's 28 and had a bad run of form and injuries.

So had Danny Ings. We don't get experience with players at the top of their game. Wanyama still has plenty of career ahead of him he just needs a move.

Fair enough but I just think he’s one of those players that we have to sell by date and there was a reason why he wasn’t playing Macbeth, ask yourself that. As I say l, it’s only my opinion and he used to be a really good bulldozer (like Viafara) but I don’t think he has all that much to offer now.

And Ndidi? Really? I mean while we're at it just sign Leicester's whole midfield.

Wouldn’t be a bad idea. Look where they are in the table. Liverpool signed most of our team and look where they are in the table

;) Apparently we tried to sign Maddison. You know things have slipped & the diligence, ambition & quality have fallen away from your club when your club board is full of people with no interest or idea about football & the best they can manage is to boast about players they didn’t manage to sign.

It isn't off topic, read it properly, it's talking about past transfer windows and how the club have linked lots of names but then failed to sign any of them.

So what's your view of the past 3-4 January transfer windows? Because it seems a lot of people are, rightly, looking at our historical performance over a period of several years to base what 2020's performance is likely to be.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much Turkish. Some appreciate your efforts but certain people either have an agenda or they “wanna make America great again”, if you catch my drift.

A few of the comments on here people are a little alarming in their essence. It’s amazing & saddening how we can smash an atom but not a prejudice.

I know he's had lots of injuries but has he played at all for the stiffs? I'm sure if we're at all interested there will be people in-the-know wrt his fitness. He certainly doesn't fit the recent Southampton 'model' of signings but maybe that's out of the window anyway now.

Gao won’t replace back room staff on 40k a year. He certainly won’t bring in a player on double that a week. Does anyone realise how much we paid as a loan fee for Kevin Danso? Ridiculous amount. 3 1/2 million for a loan fee. Seems every club sees us coming. We really need some football people on our board to oversee and prevent us wasting any more money. Cynicism aside I’m not even joking but I wouldn’t put it past us to sign a player trading expert in February. He’ll probably be given a lift by Matt Crocker

I think there is a fans forum tonight with Semmens and Hasenhuttl so hopefully there will be something of an update in that - will be interesting if there is a shift from RH's certainty that we will be active.

Should also find out when Crocker starts...assuming those attending ask intelligent questions...

I want to go to one of those these days just to test if they’re not preprepared questions and pointless. I have a few testing questions to ask and will see if they come back to me. That’s a proper acid test of a fan forum. Lol

Fair enough but I just think he’s one of those players that we have to sell by date and there was a reason why he wasn’t playing Macbeth, ask yourself that. As I say l, it’s only my opinion and he used to be a really good bulldozer (like Viafara) but I don’t think he has all that much to offer now.

I clearly typed “he is a player past his sell by date” and predictive decided to have a bit of a Shakespeare moment!! Lol Being too tactful with that response. He is sh*t now and his legs are gone but I didn’t wanna be brutal. I l’ll save that for the people twisting our melons man!! Lol

Not transfer news on our front, but it might inadvertently be good for us - Palace are set to secure the loan signings of Cenk Tosun and Kyle Walker-Peters. Palace have been looking to add a right back to their squad, and have been one of the teams linked with Maehle, so them going for Walker-Peters (who we have been looking to sign too, but Spurs only want to loan him out) is a positive - one less team interested.

Is Maehle actually any good? Other than his link to Saints I've never heard of him - but then I don't take much notice of European football.

Also despite our recent good form - I'm still convinced that our most pressing need is a CB. The club are talking about left and right backs. I've seen enough balls bounce around inside our six yard box whilst a bunch of headless chickens panic and try to fly hack it to safety, to think that a CB is still the most important position to fill.

Is Maehle actually any good? Other than his link to Saints I've never heard of him - but then I don't take much notice of European football.

Also despite our recent good form - I'm still convinced that our most pressing need is a CB. The club are talking about left and right backs. I've seen enough balls bounce around inside our six yard box whilst a bunch of headless chickens panic and try to fly hack it to safety, to think that a CB is still the most important position to fill.

i think the issue at full back is cover - at cb we have some average players who improve with settled side and game time - if one is injured in comes maya and the same happens. If bertrand or cedric is injured its a big problem. Something is up with valery and it means one injury in these areas would destabilise us much more than at cb. Youre not wrong that we need better cbs but i dont think its as likely to bugger our season as an injury at cb is (ps yes i have seen vestergard play haha so i only just managed to type the above)

Not transfer news on our front, but it might inadvertently be good for us - Palace are set to secure the loan signings of Cenk Tosun and Kyle Walker-Peters. Palace have been looking to add a right back to their squad, and have been one of the teams linked with Maehle, so them going for Walker-Peters (who we have been looking to sign too, but Spurs only want to loan him out) is a positive - one less team interested.

Surprised they're loaning him out, they have a bit of a full back shortage don't they? Never replaced Trippier in the summer - Aurier and KWP are their only recognised RBs, with Ben Davies (injured) and Danny Rose (awful) at LB. I suppose Mourinho is going to play a couple of games with CBs at full back and then complain that the board isn't supporting him and try to force them to buy him someone expensive and past it.

Surprised they're loaning him out, they have a bit of a full back shortage don't they? Never replaced Trippier in the summer - Aurier and KWP are their only recognised RBs, with Ben Davies (injured) and Danny Rose (awful) at LB. I suppose Mourinho is going to play a couple of games with CBs at full back and then complain that the board isn't supporting him and try to force them to buy him someone expensive and past it.

Well they have Dier that can play there and Sissoko at a pinch (although he's now injured) and I think they've tried Foyth there recently (unsuccessfully) but maybe they're looking to bring someone in.

Wonder why Valery hasn't featured for us much [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Spurs-supporting mate always asks about him....

If Spurs buy him and we get millions for him then we're laughing, alot. I have no idea in what universe Spurs would think he's a good option for them at all. He needs some time lower league.

If Spurs buy him and we get millions for him then we're laughing, alot. I have no idea in what universe Spurs would think he's a good option for them at all. He needs some time lower league.

Can’t imagine they would want him, but we are getting to a stage where will need to sell a player for big bucks to generate the funds needed.

Agreed but Bednarek and Stephens have formed a partnership and understanding and I don't think Ralph wants to upset that. I understand that and we may be better served bringing in a much better quality CB in the summer. Definitely need full backs as RB is our weak area and with only Bertrand as the recognised LB (an utterly outrageous risk by the club), we definitely need cover. Surprised we got through the congested Christmas period unscathed.

Maehle is an uknown quantity but seems to be the type of player Ralph suits. I think RH may know him which is a better sign than relying on a scouting network (or Wilson or Les when they were here) as Djenepo seems to have been a good acquisition.

Southampton would consider allowing Vestergaard to leave in January

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18147846.southampton-consider-allowing-jannik-vestergaard-leave/

"Having five players to play in two positions means if Vestergaard were to leave, the club wouldn’t be leaving themselves short at the back."

I disagree. If he were to leave, the average height of our CBs would drop significantly.

Can’t imagine they would want him, but we are getting to a stage where will need to sell a player for big bucks to generate the funds needed.

Redmond would raise a few quid, with no discernable loss of quality on the pitch

From BBC Gossip: Brighton' date=' Crystal Palace and Southampton are all looking to sign Tottenham right-back​ Kyle Walker-Peters, 22, on loan. (Sky Sports)[/quote']

Was in the Grand Harbour hotel yesterday, make of that what you will.

GFFN linking us, Brighton and Palace to Bordeux full back Youssouf Sabaly.

He is quality, I have seen him a few times, once with a mate who has a UEFa B license, and we both thought he was the best player on the pitch, playing behind Malcom.

He plays on the right, but has played left back at the World Cup. Seems to be out of favour at Bordeaux as Sousa prefers wing backs.

From BBC Gossip: Brighton' date=' Crystal Palace and Southampton are all looking to sign Tottenham right-back​ Kyle Walker-Peters, 22, on loan. (Sky Sports)[/quote']

Read the article it is linked to, we were linked to him last summer, nothing to link him since. Looks like he is going to Palace.

Lots of talk about Adams could be be done deal in next 48hr after talks today, probably bull**** and cant imagine we would let him unles Ralph really isnt impressed

Nah.

Adam Pope on Twitter: Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl asked by @AdamBlackmore if there’s are any way Che Adams can go on loan: “No. Absoluty no because we need every player. Not only just because of injury...but he can help us. Even though he hasn’t scored he played a v good game v Chelsea.” #lufc pic.twitter.com/tYNamVS27y

Lots of talk about Adams could be be done deal in next 48hr after talks today, probably bull**** and cant imagine we would let him unles Ralph really isnt impressed

Even if we get a big loan fee, what’s that going to get us in market?!

We’ve got 4 players for 2 positions. He will get games.

We're definitely making a signing tomorrow.

My son's friend is joining the U14's in the Academy after a successful trial. He's probably already better than half our other centre backs.

You can guarantee that any defensive qualities will be coached out of him by the time he reaches 18

We're definitely making a signing tomorrow.

My son's friend is joining the U14's in the Academy after a successful trial. He's probably already better than half our other centre backs.

I look forward to him being written off on here around 5 years from now!

You can guarantee that any defensive qualities will be coached out of him by the time he reaches 18

Cynical but fair. Our coaching had definitely taken a huge nose dive. Particularly goalkeeping. I’m massively impressed with whoever did the defensive coaching to result in the Christmas performances but we are a long way from being out of the woods.

As for time of first signing, likely 31st Jan at 10:58pm or they’ll use the one hour grace period until midnight to finalise a deal with some novice youngster from a second tier European league and he won’t be adequate, capable or ready for the first team. He’ll have a couple of starts, a few sub appearances before fading into obscurity and quietly disappearing to play in the Chinese or American Leagues and we will bemoan our owner for being tighter than a gnat’s ass and this merri-go-round will continue until we get relegated or eventually taken over by someone who at least has an iota of respect for the fans and outlines their plans of intent, if they have any.

I don’t remember a football club being taken over by an owner that makes absolutely no concessions as to why he bought the club and what he intends to do. I’m sure there are probably quite a few but I know of none. This ownership is absolutely ludicrous. Funniest quote from the many, babbling, ridiculous, incoherent and senseless Ralph Krueger was that Gao was quiet and never told us of his plans because of cultural differences.

Please just prove me wrong and move decisively and early and sign some defenders. We are already a week into the window. Don’t do a Danso!

Good news. First deal over the line.

That is very encouraging unless it's only a deal out like Hoedt (which i heard somewhere like Talksport yesterday had gone through, complete with him having a pop at Ralph). But encouraging if it's a CB or full back in, and it's a good one. Also that it's the 'first'...

Will they announce today? Can they play tomorrow?

That is very encouraging unless it's only a deal out like Hoedt (which i heard somewhere like Talksport yesterday had gone through, complete with him having a pop at Ralph). But encouraging if it's a CB or full back in, and it's a good one. Also that it's the 'first'...

Will they announce today? Can they play tomorrow?

the reality is that with our self sustainability situation we should probably be cheering outs as much as ins on players we dont want! its probably harder for a prem club to permanently get rid of a player they no longer want than it is to bring one in!

the reality is that with our self sustainability situation we should probably be cheering outs as much as ins on players we dont want! its probably harder for a prem club to permanently get rid of a player they no longer want than it is to bring one in!

that said - it would be quite dull and id much prefer a brazilian id never heard of that scores 50 a season on champ man

that said - it would be quite dull and id much prefer a brazilian id never heard of that scores 50 a season on champ man

Quite. I suppose it could be Forster to Celtic, or Cedric somewhere. Or Valery to Spurs... ;-)