January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

SuperSAINT

The trouble is - we will get to the summer and still do nothing...... our fans bore me, how many times are we prepared to make excuses for our owner - it taken over a year to ge mahele done - people said last Jan ot would get down on the summer, now Jan and it goes on.....

Good point well made.

What happened with that player from France we had wrapped up? Not heard anything since yesterday morning. can you shed any light on who he is / When we will announce it?
Agents travel for talks with clubs all the time. From what LeG said, it could just be no more than that.

Its a short transfer window and the Manager has guarenteed we will be active.

Likely anything that we do will be in the media first.

Agents travel for talks with clubs all the time. From what LeG said, it could just be no more than that.

Its a short transfer window and the Manager has guarenteed we will be active.

Likely anything that we do will be in the media first.

I’m pretty sure he said it was a done deal?!

Seems pointless. Is he better than Vokins

Was just about to say that. Ralph made it clear at the fans forum that Vokins isn't 'premier league ready' yet, so we needed to get someone in who is. Not sure how a 19 year old that hasn't yet featured for PSG would tick that box either...

Was just about to say that. Ralph made it clear at the fans forum that Vokins isn't 'premier league ready' yet, so we needed to get someone in who is. Not sure how a 19 year old that hasn't yet featured for PSG would tick that box either...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/mitchel-bakker-ajax-tactical-analysis/amp

The trouble is - we will get to the summer and still do nothing...... our fans bore me, how many times are we prepared to make excuses for our owner - it taken over a year to ge mahele done - people said last Jan ot would get down on the summer, now Jan and it goes on.....

Ahhh good. The adults are speaking. Totally agree. Some people have such low expectations, you question their agenda or mindset as it’s rare for fans at ground level (ie: the pub, social circles, the stadium) to have such a patient or pro club stance looking at recent history. Maybe they just simply have low aspirations and no ambition and there is nothing wrong with that.

As a club, we constantly move the goal posts. Or the rumour mill does because we can’t ever blame the club as they rarely ever speak. So, the clue is to never utter a word and you can’t be blamed for anything. Politicians take note.

DT - I find it strange also how rumours came into the press from some source about 30 - 35 million. War chest was an inappropriate superlative used. Maybe total fabrication press tripe, paper selling conjecture. Now we have 1 player, possibly. It’s ever changing. You can’t pin the club to anything as they never attribute words or interviews to anything, not directly anymore. We can plenty of conflicting, third hand rumour. Hence the Vladislav Surkov analogy.

Boring I know. Please just sign a full back. Contrary to some of the less considered comments, we desperately need cover & it should be equal to or an upgrade from Bertrand. Even Ralph himself acknowledges this. RB position is weak too as is CB but January is not ideal to address all 3. Maehle sounds a much better bet than this utility full back from Bordeaux but i’m hoping this is a smokescreen. When clubs offer out a player, it makes me immediately apprehensive.

Watch the fans night YouTube thingy. Won’t happen til the summer as the clubs target(s) are currently with other clubs.

Do you have a link? Assume you mean the playing trading/recruitment head akin to the Ross Wilson role. Hoping the defenders will be brought in as I don’t think the fans have much patience left for these ever diminishing carrots the PR groups like to dangle and decrease in stature

Do you have a link? Assume you mean the playing trading/recruitment head akin to the Ross Wilson role. Hoping the defenders will be brought in as I don’t think the fans have much patience left for these ever diminishing carrots the PR groups like to dangle and decrease in stature

There’s a thread on here with a link

From that link on Bakker:

“Mitchel Bakker is quick, both in terms of physical pace and in-match intelligence. Combine this with his good passing technique and you get a very competent left-back in a high-pressing, ball-playing-focused defensive line.”

Clear concerns around a lack of experience, but in terms of a player profile that sounds spot on. Interesting either way! Wonder whether it’s a loan/ perm / loan with perm option.

Still seems odd though, if it's a loan with no option to buy then we are getting cover at left back that has no top flight experience at all, to help develop a player for PSG.

If he's moving for more chance at first team football and there is a deal to buy/loan with option to buy etc. , then he must know he is moving as back up and we must not have much hope in Vokins if we are getting someone pretty much the same age, and we are still getting a back up with no experience.

You also have to wonder at the mentality of a player who gave up probably one of the best routes from academy to first team football in the world at Ajax to move to money bags PSG where he would have far less chance of first team football as they buy ready made defenders.

He's not even played for Holland U19s, U20s or U21s either and second division football in Holland is probably League 2 level at best.

Doesn't fill me with much hope, the most positive thing I can say about him is he's big for a full back, 6' 2".

From that link on Bakker:

“Mitchel Bakker is quick, both in terms of physical pace and in-match intelligence. Combine this with his good passing technique and you get a very competent left-back in a high-pressing, ball-playing-focused defensive line.”

Clear concerns around a lack of experience, but in terms of a player profile that sounds spot on. Interesting either way! Wonder whether it’s a loan/ perm / loan with perm option.

Google has said this is a loan!!!

Still seems odd though, if it's a loan with no option to buy then we are getting cover at left back that has no top flight experience at all, to help develop a player for PSG.

".

It's really not that odd being that people suggest and recommend we do exactly the same thing with our own young players all the time for years and years and years.