Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    I know he's had lots of injuries but has he played at all for the stiffs? I'm sure if we're at all interested there will be people in-the-know wrt his fitness. He certainly doesn't fit the recent Southampton 'model' of signings but maybe that's out of the window anyway now.
    what, being f-ing terrible? I think he would fit right in...

I think there is a fans forum tonight with Semmens and Hasenhuttl so hopefully there will be something of an update in that - will be interesting if there is a shift from RH's certainty that we will be active.

Should also find out when Crocker starts...assuming those attending ask intelligent questions...

I loved Wanyama when he was on his game for us, him and Morgan in our midfield were a superb partnership.

However, the way our midfield now play under Ralph is different to the Koeman era - it's all about legs and stamina. Can't see Wanyama bringing that to us, especially if it's true about his knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    I think there is a fans forum tonight with Semmens and Hasenhuttl so hopefully there will be something of an update in that - will be interesting if there is a shift from RH's certainty that we will be active.

Should also find out when Crocker starts...assuming those attending ask intelligent questions...
    Surely it'll be more about when we can have Carling on tap, why are pies are so hot, and the LGBT representative will ask when we are going to introduce gender fluid training tops.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Interesting isn't it. Its not often you find a player that goes downhill at such a young age as 28. It's an affliction which I've seen from some other East African players too. They also tend to be unbelievable for the youth teams too. Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    Wanyama was one of our very best players since promotion but he'd be an expensive way to upset the decent midfield we've got going with Hojbjerg and JWP.
    Really not sure they can play at the same intensity for the rest of the season without a rest or decent back up

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Surely it'll be more about when we can have Carling on tap, why are pies are so hot, and the LGBT representative will ask when we are going to introduce gender fluid training tops.
    Your going then....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabbage Face and his made up BS was more entertaining than all this.

Lookman is being heavily linked with Newcastle - loan with option to buy. I’d be surprised if we’re not interested in having a “look” at this “man” (I’ll get me coat...) given his history with hassenhuttl.

Appreciate it’s not a priority position for us but a loan at this point is relatively small beans (assuming we have any beans that is!!j

Corporate treats customers with less respect than they expect, shocker. Doesnít make it right but also is not unique to Southampton.

Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    Your going then....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL, top banta Ron.

12. Default

Apparently interested in loaning Chelsea’s 19 year old CB Marc Guehi

https://apple.news/AkJDJQTVsQHSuEjleaUIkXQ
    This one isn't happening. Off to Swansea on loan, apparently.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ehi-alongside/

Please stop with with the Wanyama talk. According to a spurs mate he is completely crocked. Wont ever be the same again and certainly wont reach the fitness required to play in our midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    Please stop with with the Wanyama talk. According to a spurs mate he is completely crocked. Wont ever be the same again and certainly wont reach the fitness required to play in our midfield.
    £15m bid going in then....

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Gordon
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Toussaint View Post
    Definition of insanity , one who keeps doing the same things expecting different outcomes. Example, Toussaint repeatedly returning to this thread expecting to read some transfer news.
    Definition of insanity is going through a 5th (or more?) Gao transfer window and actually expecting a transfer in general!! Do you not look at history and learn from it? This football club is powered by optimism and delusion. I prefer them to our current shirt sponsors

Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    That is subjective, what I read was tedious and just read as a lot of complaining about things people do not fully understand.

I did not see much that was 'interesting', I saw a lot of ignorance. This is a transfer thread, it's clearly supposed to be about discussing transfer rumours and potential incomings/outgoings, not the clubs PR record.

Coming the to the thread, seeing there are 4 new pages and then seeing it's people waffling on about meaningless crap is a waste of time, go put it in another thread IMO, all this crap about PR should be cleaned out of this thread because its off topic.
    Oh youíre a barrel of laughs. I bet youíre one of those people who are still on Facebook then complain when people post holiday photos. ďI canít harmony and canít abide civilised discourse!Ē Lol If youíre struggling to grasp the concept of social media, try Craigís list. Or another options if dissident opinions offend you, donít go on social media, doofus.

Incidentally, the club PR record is entirely embedded in the transfer window and absolutely to do with the January transfer window thread just for clarification but thanks for your right wing / Draconian view on differing opinion & freedom of choice. The reason we havenít signed in consecutive transfer windows is because the club may possibly mislead but thatís speculative of course. To some, the club only sign players after making pinky promises (pinky promise sounds a bit like Quincy Promes! Lol) and they never, ever drip feed rumours and definitely not to The Telegraph or Jezza. ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    This. Trying to say it's not off topic because it's vaguely transfer-window related is stretching things Ö clearly most people see this thread title and want rumours, news, whatever, not pages of tedious arguments. Want to argue about club PR? Start another thread.

Of course, it would help if one of the people arguing wasn't the a moderator meant to be keeping threads on topic ...
    To be fair, the most tedious and irritating part of this thread is the people complaining that itís not on topic. Now there are pages of senseless whining which is hollow and devoid of substance. Errrrr, and off topic. I wanted to come on and read about Saints potential transfers and discuss some old comments made by the club relating to this transfer window.

Oh, wait!!!

Errrr, also, all of these topic bigots are actually off topic so can we just sensor their views as theyíre not the same as mine? Fin fact, I came onto here with a certain expectation of comments and I havenít been satisfied the direction in which the conversation has taken since I want to read plain delusion and false rumour links so could this be rectified please mods? Perhaps everything from page 3 removed if you donít mind?! (Iím clearly joking because I donít mind other people having an opinion or discussing a more left field angle unlike some of the massive bells on this website!!) Lol I bet half of them wanted a second referendum. ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    He's 28 and had a bad run of form and injuries.

So had Danny Ings. We don't get experience with players at the top of their game. Wanyama still has plenty of career ahead of him he just needs a move.
    Fair enough but I just think heís one of those players that we have to sell by date and there was a reason why he wasnít playing Macbeth, ask yourself that. As I say l, itís only my opinion and he used to be a really good bulldozer (like Viafara) but I donít think he has all that much to offer now.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    And Ndidi? Really? I mean while we're at it just sign Leicester's whole midfield.
    Wouldnít be a bad idea. Look where they are in the table. Liverpool signed most of our team and look where they are in the table

Apparently we tried to sign Maddison. You know things have slipped & the diligence, ambition & quality have fallen away from your club when your club board is full of people with no interest or idea about football & the best they can manage is to boast about players they didnít manage to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    It isn't off topic, read it properly, it's talking about past transfer windows and how the club have linked lots of names but then failed to sign any of them.

So what's your view of the past 3-4 January transfer windows? Because it seems a lot of people are, rightly, looking at our historical performance over a period of several years to base what 2020's performance is likely to be.
    I wouldnít worry about it too much Turkish. Some appreciate your efforts but certain people either have an agenda or they ďwanna make America great againĒ, if you catch my drift.

A few of the comments on here people are a little alarming in their essence. Itís amazing & saddening how we can smash an atom but not a prejudice.

I know he's had lots of injuries but has he played at all for the stiffs? I'm sure if we're at all interested there will be people in-the-know wrt his fitness. He certainly doesn't fit the recent Southampton 'model' of signings but maybe that's out of the window anyway now.
    Gao wonít replace back room staff on 40k a year. He certainly wonít bring in a player on double that a week. Does anyone realise how much we paid as a loan fee for Kevin Danso? Ridiculous amount. 3 1/2 million for a loan fee. Seems every club sees us coming. We really need some football people on our board to oversee and prevent us wasting any more money. Cynicism aside Iím not even joking but I wouldnít put it past us to sign a player trading expert in February. Heíll probably be given a lift by Matt Crocker

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post

I want to go to one of those these days just to test if they’re not preprepared questions and pointless. I have a few testing questions to ask and will see if they come back to me. That’s a proper acid test of a fan forum. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Mockles View Post
    Fair enough but I just think he’s one of those players that we have to sell by date and there was a reason why he wasn’t playing Macbeth, ask yourself that. As I say l, it’s only my opinion and he used to be a really good bulldozer (like Viafara) but I don’t think he has all that much to offer now.
    I clearly typed “he is a player past his sell by date” and predictive decided to have a bit of a Shakespeare moment!! Lol Being too tactful with that response. He is sh*t now and his legs are gone but I didn’t wanna be brutal. I l’ll save that for the people twisting our melons man!! Lol

Not transfer news on our front, but it might inadvertently be good for us - Palace are set to secure the loan signings of Cenk Tosun and Kyle Walker-Peters. Palace have been looking to add a right back to their squad, and have been one of the teams linked with Maehle, so them going for Walker-Peters (who we have been looking to sign too, but Spurs only want to loan him out) is a positive - one less team interested.

Is Maehle actually any good? Other than his link to Saints I've never heard of him - but then I don't take much notice of European football.
    Also despite our recent good form - I'm still convinced that our most pressing need is a CB. The club are talking about left and right backs. I've seen enough balls bounce around inside our six yard box whilst a bunch of headless chickens panic and try to fly hack it to safety, to think that a CB is still the most important position to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBoom View Post
    Is Maehle actually any good? Other than his link to Saints I've never heard of him - but then I don't take much notice of European football.
    Also despite our recent good form - I'm still convinced that our most pressing need is a CB. The club are talking about left and right backs. I've seen enough balls bounce around inside our six yard box whilst a bunch of headless chickens panic and try to fly hack it to safety, to think that a CB is still the most important position to fill.
    i think the issue at full back is cover - at cb we have some average players who improve with settled side and game time - if one is injured in comes maya and the same happens. If bertrand or cedric is injured its a big problem. Something is up with valery and it means one injury in these areas would destabilise us much more than at cb. Youre not wrong that we need better cbs but i dont think its as likely to bugger our season as an injury at cb is (ps yes i have seen vestergard play haha so i only just managed to type the above)

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Not transfer news on our front, but it might inadvertently be good for us - Palace are set to secure the loan signings of Cenk Tosun and Kyle Walker-Peters. Palace have been looking to add a right back to their squad, and have been one of the teams linked with Maehle, so them going for Walker-Peters (who we have been looking to sign too, but Spurs only want to loan him out) is a positive - one less team interested.
    Surprised they're loaning him out, they have a bit of a full back shortage don't they? Never replaced Trippier in the summer - Aurier and KWP are their only recognised RBs, with Ben Davies (injured) and Danny Rose (awful) at LB. I suppose Mourinho is going to play a couple of games with CBs at full back and then complain that the board isn't supporting him and try to force them to buy him someone expensive and past it.

Quote Originally Posted by igsey View Post
    Surprised they're loaning him out, they have a bit of a full back shortage don't they? Never replaced Trippier in the summer - Aurier and KWP are their only recognised RBs, with Ben Davies (injured) and Danny Rose (awful) at LB. I suppose Mourinho is going to play a couple of games with CBs at full back and then complain that the board isn't supporting him and try to force them to buy him someone expensive and past it.
    Well they have Dier that can play there and Sissoko at a pinch (although he's now injured) and I think they've tried Foyth there recently (unsuccessfully) but maybe they're looking to bring someone in.

Quote Originally Posted by igsey View Post
    Wonder why Valery hasn't featured for us much

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza82 View Post
    Wonder why Valery hasn't featured for us much

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Spurs-supporting mate always asks about him....

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Spurs-supporting mate always asks about him....
    If Spurs buy him and we get millions for him then we're laughing, alot. I have no idea in what universe Spurs would think he's a good option for them at all. He needs some time lower league.

33. Default

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    If Spurs buy him and we get millions for him then we're laughing, alot. I have no idea in what universe Spurs would think he's a good option for them at all. He needs some time lower league.
    Can’t imagine they would want him, but we are getting to a stage where will need to sell a player for big bucks to generate the funds needed.

34. Default

Southampton would consider allowing Vestergaard to leave in January

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18...ergaard-leave/

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBoom View Post
    Agreed but Bednarek and Stephens have formed a partnership and understanding and I don't think Ralph wants to upset that. I understand that and we may be better served bringing in a much better quality CB in the summer. Definitely need full backs as RB is our weak area and with only Bertrand as the recognised LB (an utterly outrageous risk by the club), we definitely need cover. Surprised we got through the congested Christmas period unscathed.

Maehle is an uknown quantity but seems to be the type of player Ralph suits. I think RH may know him which is a better sign than relying on a scouting network (or Wilson or Les when they were here) as Djenepo seems to have been a good acquisition.

Can't we swap him for their defensive midfielder Denis Zakaria?

Apparently we are down to 10 loans so he's got a chance to complete that starting lineup.

"Having five players to play in two positions means if Vestergaard were to leave, the club wouldn’t be leaving themselves short at the back."

I disagree. If he were to leave, the average height of our CBs would drop significantly.

39. Default

Blackmore tweet

https://twitter.com/adamblackmore/st...619429379?s=21

On not signing a player yet in this window, #SaintsFC manager Ralph Hasenhuettl said:

‘We are still in the market and in the market especially for full-backs’

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Can’t imagine they would want him, but we are getting to a stage where will need to sell a player for big bucks to generate the funds needed.
    Redmond would raise a few quid, with no discernable loss of quality on the pitch

In the fans forum yesterday RH said we need full back options and he guarenteed we would get them.

GFFN linking us, Brighton and Palace to Bordeux full back Youssouf Sabaly.

From BBC Gossip: Brighton, Crystal Palace and Southampton are all looking to sign Tottenham right-back​ Kyle Walker-Peters, 22, on loan. (Sky Sports)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    From BBC Gossip: Brighton, Crystal Palace and Southampton are all looking to sign Tottenham right-back​ Kyle Walker-Peters, 22, on loan. (Sky Sports)
    Was in the Grand Harbour hotel yesterday, make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by saints-cris View Post
    He is quality, I have seen him a few times, once with a mate who has a UEFa B license, and we both thought he was the best player on the pitch, playing behind Malcom.

He plays on the right, but has played left back at the World Cup. Seems to be out of favour at Bordeaux as Sousa prefers wing backs.

46. Default

Quote Originally Posted by saints-cris View Post
    Loan or permanent?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    Read the article it is linked to, we were linked to him last summer, nothing to link him since. Looks like he is going to Palace.

Lots of talk about Adams could be be done deal in next 48hr after talks today, probably bull**** and cant imagine we would let him unles Ralph really isnt impressed

Quote Originally Posted by danjosaint View Post
    Lots of talk about Adams could be be done deal in next 48hr after talks today, probably bull**** and cant imagine we would let him unles Ralph really isnt impressed
    Nah.
    Adam Pope on Twitter: Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl asked by @AdamBlackmore if there’s are any way Che Adams can go on loan: “No. Absoluty no because we need every player. Not only just because of injury...but he can help us. Even though he hasn’t scored he played a v good game v Chelsea.” #lufc pic.twitter.com/tYNamVS27y

50. Default

Quote Originally Posted by danjosaint View Post
    Even if we get a big loan fee, what’s that going to get us in market?!

We’ve got 4 players for 2 positions. He will get games.