Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 133 of 133

Thread: January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

  1. #101

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    11,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenue_Saint View Post
    1.Right back with more height than Cedric,

    2.Competition for Bertrand

    3.A cb that’s got legs that move quickly and can mark.

    4.A central midfielder who can tackle, pass and run quickly

    Sell:
    Stephens
    Bednarek
    Jwp
    Hojbjerg
    I reckon we'll see one CM in and possibly Long go on loan somewhere. Eight is a fairly high number of player movements in summer, let alone January and we certainly wont sell the four you've named.

  2. #102

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Windsor...ish.
    Posts
    12,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    A centre back who has been and done it would be nice. I don't particularly rate the bloke, but we missed a trick with Cahill in hindsight.

    We need to - cleverly - throw some money into the squad. But if they're going to back the manager, then they need to do it financially and not just in the telegraph.
    Looking down a league, there's Hegazi and Martins Indi that could be available for a cheapy (seeing as I'd be surprised if we had much in the way of money for squad investment come January). #justsaying

    Heck, I'd happily take Phil Jones off United's hands if the price was right. Or anyone half decent just to change things up.

  3. #103

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Eastleigh
    Posts
    949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenue_Saint View Post
    1.Right back with more height than Cedric,

    2.Competition for Bertrand

    3.A cb thatís got legs that move quickly and can mark.

    4.A central midfielder who can tackle, pass and run quickly

    Sell:
    Stephens
    Bednarek
    Jwp
    Hojbjerg
    ROFL thanks for this post needed I laugh.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Is that just agent talk though? It's easy to say any club is tracking any player because it's probably true. Most clubs nowadays have their own version of the 'black box'. It doesn't mean they have any intention of buying that player.

    Ozdemir has been playing on loan to Hacettepe Spor KulŁbŁ from GenÁlerbirliği. If he was any good, surely one of the big Turkish clubs would have taken him?
    Probably is agent talk in fairness- just saw it and thought it was worth putting in here just in case it gets brought up again.

  5. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    ROFL thanks for this post needed I laugh.
    Sorry donít rate Bednarek.

    Hopefully we reignite interest in Maehle.

    Everyone knows we have no cover for Bertrand after Targett sale.

    We are seriously limited in central midfield with Romeu and the poor Hojbjerg this season.

    So are you still on the floor laughing?

  6. #106

    Default

    Hojbjerg has been poor. He says all the right things but doesn’t seem to realise he’s not good enough. I’d replace him.

  7. Default

    So when is Promes signing !!!!!

  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saints-til-i-die View Post
    Hojbjerg has been poor. He says all the right things but doesnít seem to realise heís not good enough. Iíd replace him.
    We will have to fairly soon as he won't sign a new contract.

    Will be in the summer I imagine, when he just has one year left.

  9. #109

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    We will have to fairly soon as he won't sign a new contract.

    Will be in the summer I imagine, when he just has one year left.
    He does have something, he was at Bayern for a reason and has had good spells here. But he's a frustrating player a lot of the time.

    I'd be happy to keep Romeu as competition, Slattery as back up as he learns and sign 2 new central midfielders. Sell Hojbjerg, Armstrong and Lemina. Armstrong is alright, he'd be great if we go down. But at this level I don't see where he fits in. Not enough all round game for CM, not talented or quick enough to play further forward.

  10. #110

    Default

    Just because you were at a big club it doesn’t mean you do ‘have something’. Sunderland signed lots of Man Utd fringe players and look what happened to them!

  11. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saints-til-i-die View Post
    Just because you were at a big club it doesnít mean you do Ďhave somethingí. Sunderland signed lots of Man Utd fringe players and look what happened to them!
    Exactly this. You have obviously not made the cut or are not good enough for that level otherwise they wouldnt sell you our best players over recent years is signing players from lesser clubs,

    for Example Mane- from Salzburg

    On the other hand you have:

    Lemina- from Juventus
    Hoedt- from Lazio

    Well established European clubs must be doing something wrong for them not want to keep you.

    On the plus side Djenepo from Red Star Belgrade falls into the Mane category so hopefully we are going back down that route


    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  12. #112

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saints-til-i-die View Post
    Just because you were at a big club it doesn’t mean you do ‘have something’. Sunderland signed lots of Man Utd fringe players and look what happened to them!
    Of course not, and no one is suggesting he has enough to remain at a big club or go to one now. But Guardiola liked him and he's come here and shown quality plenty of times. He's just been poor (like the vast majority of our team) this season. Although he hasn't even been that poor in away games besides Burnley.

  13. #113

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    He does have something, he was at Bayern for a reason and has had good spells here. But he's a frustrating player a lot of the time.

    I'd be happy to keep Romeu as competition, Slattery as back up as he learns and sign 2 new central midfielders. Sell Hojbjerg, Armstrong and Lemina. Armstrong is alright, he'd be great if we go down. But at this level I don't see where he fits in. Not enough all round game for CM, not talented or quick enough to play further forward.
    Hang on, you used to constantly proclaim that we shouldn’t spend money. We should be coaching the ones weve got to improve, you always used to say how terrible it was that we sign players, then when they prove themselves not to be up it fans demand more signings. This was fickle and disgusting and wrong and we should coaching, coaching, coaching. So now you’re saying we should tear that up and that we should be signing players?

  14. #114

    Default

    Every time Ziyech has a wonder game or goal I think back to Jan 2015 transfer thread and me and @Supersaint started doing the cheerleading for the assist and goal scoring legend from FC Twente.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 22.50.52.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	2842

    Sack the black box.

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    Every time Ziyech has a wonder game or goal I think back to Jan 2015 transfer thread and me and @Supersaint started doing the cheerleading for the assist and goal scoring legend from FC Twente.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 22.50.52.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	2842

    Sack the black box.
    We are the new black-box.

  16. Default

    Tenuous link with another Scottish teenager, Jamie Hamilton. 17 year old centre-back.

    https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/b...amie-hamilton/

  17. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Looking down a league, there's Hegazi and Martins Indi that could be available for a cheapy (seeing as I'd be surprised if we had much in the way of money for squad investment come January). #justsaying

    Heck, I'd happily take Phil Jones off United's hands if the price was right. Or anyone half decent just to change things up.
    Please, no!

  18. Default

    Can't find a direct link to the Sun, but apparently Steve Walsh is scouting for us (Worked with Glover at Everton).

    3 new players wanted in January.

    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/11/1...ith-three-pla/

  19. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Can't find a direct link to the Sun, but apparently Steve Walsh is scouting for us (Worked with Glover at Everton).

    3 new players wanted in January.

    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/11/1...ith-three-pla/
    We need quality. I just wonder which players who have the requisite quality will come to us in January? We’ll probably hear of lots of supposed targets, non of which are achievable, just to appease us. Always the same story.

  20. #120

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Eastleigh
    Posts
    949

    Default

    I am laughing if you think club will rush out and splash the cash in January and buy 4-5 players. Also sell ralphs two golden boys hojberg and jwp and the only centre back to have played every game under him. Don't think so.

  21. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    I am laughing if you think club will rush out and splash the cash in January and buy 4-5 players. Also sell ralphs two golden boys hojberg and jwp and the only centre back to have played every game under him. Don't think so.
    Lets be honest, they either throw the towel in and accept relegation and bring in players and possibly a manager who will be best placed to get us promoted, or we have a go and bring in 3/4. We're terrible atmm and without improvements either within the squad currently or by bringing in new players, we're down.

  22. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Lets be honest, they either throw the towel in and accept relegation and bring in players and possibly a manager who will be best placed to get us promoted, or we have a go and bring in 3/4. We're terrible atmm and without improvements either within the squad currently or by bringing in new players, we're down.
    No we are not down.

    There is still 26 games to be played for FFS.
    We have a run of winnable games coming up, espacially an opportunity to win some at home.

    Why the hell would we panic 12 games ?

  23. #123

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    I am laughing if you think club will rush out and splash the cash in January and buy 4-5 players. Also sell ralphs two golden boys hojberg and jwp and the only centre back to have played every game under him. Don't think so.
    when our one ITK is cynical, you know things are bad at the club! Not seeing much love for Ralph there! but as mooted when JWP and PEH appear undroppable and they have been our worst performers, we really are in the mire.

  24. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    I am laughing if you think club will rush out and splash the cash in January and buy 4-5 players. Also sell ralphs two golden boys hojberg and jwp and the only centre back to have played every game under him. Don't think so.
    Unless the owners have changed their policy, the main aim, as usual, will be to make a profit or at least break even, so we'll probably sell Bertrand early in the window and then some of that money will be used to buy a player or two at the end of the window.

  25. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    I am laughing if you think club will rush out and splash the cash in January and buy 4-5 players. Also sell ralphs two golden boys hojberg and jwp and the only centre back to have played every game under him. Don't think so.
    nail on head

  26. #126

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    He does have something, he was at Bayern for a reason and has had good spells here. But he's a frustrating player a lot of the time.

    I'd be happy to keep Romeu as competition, Slattery as back up as he learns and sign 2 new central midfielders. Sell Hojbjerg, Armstrong and Lemina. Armstrong is alright, he'd be great if we go down. But at this level I don't see where he fits in. Not enough all round game for CM, not talented or quick enough to play further forward.
    Just sell those three players. Easy

  27. #127

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,093

    Default

    Sell:

    Jan Vestergaard
    Shane Long
    James Ward-Prowse
    Stuart Armstrong
    Sam McQueen

    Buy:

    Danny da Costa D(R),M(R) - Eintracht Frankfurt
    Malang Sarr D(CL) - Nice
    Suat Serdar M(C) - Schalke 04
    Erick Pulgar DMC - Fiorentina

  28. #128

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,432

    Default

    Has anyone else seen this nonsense on facebook that we are going to spend £75m in January and no one should protest as it might put it into jeopardy? Surely this has got to be a club plant

  29. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killers Knee View Post
    Sell:

    Jan Vestergaard (loan to Werder Bremen)
    Shane Long (loan to QPR)
    James Ward-Prowse (no interest)
    Stuart Armstrong (loan to Celtic)
    Sam McQueen (released)
    That generates precisely FA to our non-existant transfer fund.


    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  30. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Has anyone else seen this nonsense on facebook that we are going to spend £75m in January and no one should protest as it might put it into jeopardy? Surely this has got to be a club plant
    I'd argue we should be protesting at plans to spend 75m. Panic buying more dross in January to further weigh down the club in the championship should be resisted.

  31. #131

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Breaking tea cups
    Posts
    2,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Has anyone else seen this nonsense on facebook that we are going to spend £75m in January and no one should protest as it might put it into jeopardy? Surely this has got to be a club plant
    Imagine a protest that the Chinese can’t control...

  32. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killers Knee View Post
    Sell:

    Jan Vestergaard
    Shane Long
    James Ward-Prowse
    Stuart Armstrong
    Sam McQueen
    We have so many players that no other club would pay a transfer fee for, like the ones you have listed, that it is difficult to bring any in any money from the transfer market without selling our very best players, which is what we usually do, while the ones in most fans' retained lists are the ones that are most likely to be sold.

    Our most realistic strategy might be to try to offload some of our players in part-exchange for some of the Championship's better players, like Dael Fry. But, our scouting and recruitment has been so poor in recent years that it's hard to trust them to buy anyone good enough.

  33. #133

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Absolutely this. Pointless buying another youngster for £15m who may improve and we can make a profit - we donít need another Hoet or Vest. We need an experienced cb leader nearing the end of his career with game management who can dole out the odd Bollicking to team mates and be given the captaincy. Cahill would have been ideal but that ship has sailed, there will be others though not getting a game currently. Problem is - this isnít in the strict strategy of under 25s c £10-15m on a second contract.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •