Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

On SSN app saying that we are interested in Mohammed Salisu - a CB. Hope we are still in for Todibo.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    Glen Kamara from Rangers is being mooted. Rated quite highly Finnish midfielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He’s not finished, he’s only 24

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by davefizzy14 View Post
    On SSN app saying that we are interested in Mohammed Salisu - a CB. Hope we are still in for Todibo.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...dolid-defender

4. Default

Loan deal all but confirmed with AC Milan I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
    Loan deal all but confirmed with AC Milan I believe.
    I saw in Lequipe article the other day that we were firmly in the race to sign him and he was going to make his decision in the next week or so.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...ce-of-7-clubs/
    Last edited by davefizzy14; 02-01-2020 at 09:05 PM.

From Ghana without a single cap and no double nationality according to transfermarket.de.

How's he supposed to get a work-permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Pete View Post
    Attacking wise, I think we are OK for now, not a priority compared with the defensive side of the team.
    So you're confident Ings won't get injured from now until the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Martini View Post
    From Ghana without a single cap and no double nationality according to transfermarket.de.

How's he supposed to get a work-permit.
    Good point. But surely you better than to bring reality into this Fantasy Football Manager thread?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    So you're confident Ings won't get injured from now until the end of the season?
    No, not totally. But we do have Long, Djenepo, Obafemi, Redmond and Adams all as options to play up front. Don't get me wrong, if we had unlimited funds I'd love another striker who has a better top level scoring record, but I assume the club are not going to suddenly release huge amounts of funds in this window. So we should focus on the areas where we are most weak first. And our record in the last two and and a half seasons (with exception of a few very recent games) suggests that is the defence followed by defensive midfield. In my opinion we shouldn't get too carried away by a couple of admittedly very good recent performances by centre backs, so if we can move one or more of our squad CBs on permanently and replace with better we should definitely look to do that as soon as we can.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    I think he played well in several games for us. He showed a willingness to get up and down the pitch, good strength, decent touch, half decent on the ball and reasonably quick. When they gave him a five year deal they must have felt he had the quality. The ACL injury was a bad one though, so its no surprise he has been out for so long. A year or more is not unusual. I hope he can get back to his best. Great to see a local lad do well.
    Indeed. McQueen always struck me as a player who would be a good fit for Hassenhutl's playing style.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Pete View Post
    No, not totally. But we do have Long, Djenepo, Obafemi, Redmond and Adams all as options to play up front.
    N'Lundulu is listed in the first team squad too. Think he's been out with a long term injury though? Wonder when he's due back in action. He's always looked promising when I've seen him play.

Daily Express saying that Ralph has been given £30M transfer kitty, plus anything that can be raised by sales....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by miserableoldgit View Post
    Daily Express saying that Ralph has been given £30M transfer kitty, plus anything that can be raised by sales....

Could sell Forster and Elyounoussi.

Daily Mail apparently has it at £35m plus any sales I read which should be enough for 2/3 decent players. I'd be very surprised if we didn't go for Maehle pretty soon, he seems to be a long term target in a position we've been looking to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Could sell Forster and Elyounoussi.
    Celtic's record transfer fee paid is about £9m, so I don't think we will get the £25m for Forster some papers mentioned we might want. Perhaps we could take Frimpong in exchange.

Celtic's record transfer fee paid is about £9m, so I don't think we will get the £25m for Forster some papers mentioned we might want. Perhaps we could take Frimpong in exchange.
    We shouldve got Julien when we were looking at him instead of vestergaard

Quote Originally Posted by danjosaint View Post
    We shouldve got Julien when we were looking at him instead of vestergaard
    yep. He looks better in the air, better on the ball and quicker too (goes without saying really). How much would celtic want for Julien now?

yep. He looks better in the air, better on the ball and quicker too (goes without saying really). How much would celtic want for Julien now?
    Tbh he looked very average bordering on rubbish in the last old firm derby this past week.

“Villa lose Wesley and Heaton for the season” Well if that isn’t a headline that screams relegation I don’t know what is! But it made me wonder if they’d be after a new Keeper, and whether we could offload Forster on a permanent, maybe in a battle with Celtic. I guess it depends what the terms of his loan are.

is the journo reporting this actually on crack?
    there is no way we will spend that sort of money....

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Daily Mail apparently has it at £35m plus any sales I read which should be enough for 2/3 decent players. I'd be very surprised if we didn't go for Maehle pretty soon, he seems to be a long term target in a position we've been looking to fill.
    I'd rather spend £35m on one 'very good' player than £15m or so on a couple of 'average' players. These days, £35m buys us what we used to get for £15m a few years ago.

IMHO of course

“Villa lose Wesley and Heaton for the season” Well if that isn’t a headline that screams relegation I don’t know what is! But it made me wonder if they’d be after a new Keeper, and whether we could offload Forster on a permanent, maybe in a battle with Celtic. I guess it depends what the terms of his loan are.
    Wesley is f-ing shyte.
    Heaton is a big loss, though

Daily Express has also been telling us we will have Snow up to our roof tops this winter and Woolly Mammoths marauding our streets for the past umpteen years!!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Wesley is f-ing shyte.
    Heard Villa after Bathshueyi from Chelsea

is the journo reporting this actually on crack?
    there is no way we will spend that sort of money....
    Another one on crack:- "Daily Mail apparently has it at £35m plus any sales I read which should be enough for 2/3 decent players. I'd be very surprised if we didn't go for Maehle pretty soon, he seems to be a long term target in a position we've been looking to fill."

Wesley is f-ing shyte.
    is his backup Nyland any good?

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    I'd rather spend £35m on one 'very good' player than £15m or so on a couple of 'average' players. These days, £35m buys us what we used to get for £15m a few years ago.

IMHO of course
    Yes, exactly that. Have to agree the club seemed to think spending £15m on a was the same as spending £15 on a player 4 or 5 years ago.

Ross Wilson had great delight in rhe summer telling us at the fans forum how we had our best results (think he ment specd 15m sell for 30m) in the £10m- £15m bracket and how we wouldnt spend much more. Thought at the time now days that £15m player would be the bestr part of £30m now days.

Interested in Simakan, young RB/CB at Strasbourg

https://twitter.com/ed_aarons/status...865511424?s=19

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Another one on crack:- "Daily Mail apparently has it at £35m plus any sales I read which should be enough for 2/3 decent players. I'd be very surprised if we didn't go for Maehle pretty soon, he seems to be a long term target in a position we've been looking to fill."

Well we shall see whether they are "on crack" or not come the end of January. After all Ralph has already stated he's looking to bring in players, and he's not going to paying for them with Unicorn farts is he, so he must already have a pre-agreed budget. IMO I think our budget will be less than the £30-35 million quoted in the papers but that's just conjecture.

Well we shall see whether they are "on crack" or not come the end of January. After all Ralph has already stated he's looking to bring in players, and he's not going to paying for them with Unicorn farts is he, so he must already have a pre-agreed budget. IMO I think our budget will be less than the £30-35 million quoted in the papers but that's just conjecture.
    I would guess to get anywhere near £30-35 million it would include wages over the length of the potential contract etc, not just the fee?

Championship clubs in for Sims, allegedly

https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...on-may-let-go/

Interesting that New York Red Bulls are in the mix....

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post

Why? He's been playing for them for the last half-season.

Shame I always thought Sims could do a job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    More that people are desperately seeking a conspiracy that Red Bull are waiting to move in to St Mary's some time soon.

He was planning to bring in a few signings last January too. Not sure it means much in terms of whether Gao ultimately spends or not

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    More that people are desperately seeking a conspiracy that Red Bull are waiting to move in to St Mary's some time soon.
    The obvious way to build the relationship with the club ahead of a £250m bid to buy it is to take one of our young fringe players that wont get a game on loan to another of their clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    The obvious way to build the relationship with the club ahead of a £250m bid to buy it is to take one of our young fringe players that wont get a game on loan to another of their clubs.
    Yes of course. Probably why the Paul Allen bid failed, when we declined to send some fringe player to Seattle in 2007. Makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    whoosh, as i think the kids say

Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    Tbh he looked very average bordering on rubbish in the last old firm derby this past week.

Oh right. Thats not good. If players are not stand out in the SPL then they wont cut the mustard in the Prem. I dipped in and out of that game, but from what I saw he won a lot of headers and nearly scored two or three goals from headers from set pieces. That caught my eye. The basic skill of winning headers is something that has been undervalued at SFC.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...assane-kamara/

Not many premier league sides need a left back more than us...

Whoscored says he is quite good at least.

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Players/...Hassane-Kamara

Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    Heard Villa after Bathshueyi from Chelsea
    If he's available I wouldn't mind Saints going in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    True

I know it’s likely BS due to the work permit issue - but if we’re seriously looking at a player from Real Valladolid that has made just 18 first team appearances to solve our defensive woes I’ll probably cry.

46. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bpsaint View Post
    I know it’s likely BS due to the work permit issue - but if we’re seriously looking at a player from Real Valladolid that has made just 18 first team appearances to solve our defensive woes I’ll probably cry.
    Unless our scouts have worked their magic again. Our best signings have been players unproven that we were willing to take a chance on.
    Admittedly, they've also been our worst signings.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bpsaint View Post
    Why wouldn't he get a work permit? If it's the international appearances thing then neither would Djenepo (Mali outside the top 50 in FIFA rankings), Wesley and Joelinton. But they all did. Players brought in to be starters for premier league clubs are hardly ever denied work permits. His first team appearances don't sound like much (19 as of today, got an assist too, good cross) but he had 0 before this season, played every league game starting all but one for Valladolid who have one of the better defensive records in La Liga. Experience for the sake of it is overrated, Vestergaard and Hoedt had plenty of experience before joining us, didn't work out so well.

Oh right. Thats not good. If players are not stand out in the SPL then they wont cut the mustard in the Prem. I dipped in and out of that game, but from what I saw he won a lot of headers and nearly scored two or three goals from headers from set pieces. That caught my eye. The basic skill of winning headers is something that has been undervalued at SFC.
    Not seen enough of Julian but I caught the derby and, though I expect Maehle is more likely, I'm a fan of Tavernier and he looked decent in the old firm game. Not sure he is top draw but decent going forwards, good at set pieces, can win the odd header too ...

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Unless our scouts have worked their magic again. Our best signings have been players unproven that we were willing to take a chance on.
    Admittedly, they've also been our worst signings.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    By comparison look at Rafael Varane, played only 23 league games for Lens, was captain in that time, and joined Real Madrid where he’s gone on to be one of the best defenders in the world. All players have to start somewhere and if he’s turning Scout’s heads this early in his career, he must have something about him. I’m not saying he’ll go on to be a Varane, but still...

The thing with a centre back is, six weeks ago we were screaming out for experience to plug the gap. Now we have a partnership forming of mid-20 year olds, so attracting a top youngster may be a good way to go about things. (I still don’t know what to think about the Danso signing though!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Why wouldn't he get a work permit? If it's the international appearances thing then neither would Djenepo (Mali outside the top 50 in FIFA rankings), Wesley and Joelinton. But they all did. Players brought in to be starters for premier league clubs are hardly ever denied work permits. His first team appearances don't sound like much (19 as of today, got an assist too, good cross) but he had 0 before this season, played every league game starting all but one for Valladolid who have one of the better defensive records in La Liga. Experience for the sake of it is overrated, Vestergaard and Hoedt had plenty of experience before joining us, didn't work out so well.
    Really? Joint 7th worse defensive record out of 20 teams.

My despair around this rumour was based upon the fact that it all feels very Groundhog Day, gamble on an unproven defender and then act surprised that we’re in a relegation battle. I think we need a backbone of higher level, late twenty-something year old players, that mean we can consolidate our league position whilst developing the younger talent around them. Danso is meant to have all the attributes this guy has and he can’t even get a place on the bench.