January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

SuperSAINT

Thanks for this. I would dispute the last point however. Funny how during our great run there hasnt been any mention of Rohl. But when we were struggling, it was all because Rohl had left. Think his influence has been overstated by some and if Ralph was really that isolated, he would have asked to club to address it. We certainly wouldnt have went on the run we have if Ralph was feeling isolated. Thats not to say there wont be backroom changes in the summer, but dont think things are as bad as some make out

didnt we bring someone in???

Thanks for this. I would dispute the last point however. Funny how during our great run there hasnt been any mention of Rohl. But when we were struggling, it was all because Rohl had left. Think his influence has been overstated by some and if Ralph was really that isolated, he would have asked to club to address it. We certainly wouldnt have went on the run we have if Ralph was feeling isolated. Thats not to say there wont be backroom changes in the summer, but dont think things are as bad as some make out

Has3nhuttl has stated on a number of occasions that the appointment of Richard Kitzbichler was the Danny Rohl replacement.

Thank you Hypo. Interesting stuff and the senior staff point ties in with certain commercial matters and documents from the club that I know of. I have to be vague, but there are issues for sure. On Rohl, I'd understood that his leaving was not his decision, and that the bayern job came along after the decision was made for him to leave. Was your source certain that his leaving was his choice?

I was told Rohl leaving was not his decision, the Bayern job came a month or so after he had already left but had not been announced yet. Think I may have posted it on here a few months ago, definitely did on TUI and of course everyone knocked it saying it was just a coincidence that he went to Bayern. I won’t say what he did but it is a sackable offence in most organisations

glad I read the pre-edited version

;)

Really? I found both versions just to be speculative nothing new.

The option and likely purchase of Danso for £3.5m was the only tangible part that I've not seen posted elsewhere.

The bits on Ralph seem just to be Hypo or his "sources" opinion as Ralph isn't going to be vocal on his short /medium and long term ambitions

Likewise the bits on Gao just seem opinions based on what's happened since he's been here

Pass it on please batman

did not copy it and will leave it to Hypo to re-post (or not). I would not want to get his pals in the mire.

To be fair, the parts about a couple of the players (current and ex) would not be a surprise. Although, one sounds like he WAS an even bigger tosser than we could have thought.

At least we should be thankful wee Ross and the moronic Krueger have gone!

I was told Rohl leaving was not his decision, the Bayern job came a month or so after he had already left but had not been announced yet. Think I may have posted it on here a few months ago, definitely did on TUI and of course everyone knocked it saying it was just a coincidence that he went to Bayern. I won’t say what he did but it is a sackable offence in most organisations

Then we've heard similar. Rohl's role at Bayern is very much a backwards step from his position here. That fits with rebuilding his career / reputation rather than leaving us for bigger things.

what did Rohl do?

Danni Osvaldo or Pardew kind of stuff....or did he do a Clyne/Austin naughty?

Neither, it wasn’t anything like that or illegal (well I don’t think it is) but the sort of thing that would get you fired from most companies if caught. Stupid thing to do too

Richard Kitzbichler came in as assistant coach. Is that the same as the role Rohl held? Or more of what Fleming and Davis do? Who knows but it seems to be working

At the recent fans event which is on YouTube to view, Ralph said that for all intents and purposes he has a "group of assistant coaches" with what sounded like no hierarchial structure. He made the point that he has people doing the roles they need to do. Sounds very good, and by recent times is working very well. Titles are for egos. What people do and the effect ehy have is what matters. The effect is extremely positive right now.

I get why people worry about RH leaving given our recent history but I got the impression from that same evetn that he is very happy here and willbe here for a good while. Time will tell of course but real coaches are motivated by development and progress, not by money and status.

Then we've heard similar. Rohl's role at Bayern is very much a backwards step from his position here. That fits with rebuilding his career / reputation rather than leaving us for bigger things.

Rohl's role at Bayern was not a backward step. He joined in similar role to what he had at Saints and what Richard K joined as, but in a much bigger club. He also must have known the writing was on the wall for Kovac and now that Flick is in charge at least for the interim Rohl is his main assistant. Can't see why anyone would be surprised at him moving to one of the biggest clubs in the world which just happens to be in your home country. His wife apparently was not over keen on moving permanently to the UK. It was a major loss for Ralph, he thought he could get by without him but soon realised that he couldn't do it all and Kitzbichler was brought in and his influence has grown, either because he is very good, or probably more likely it has allowed Ralph to focus on what he does best, and the result is the resurgence in our form, back to, probably exceeding last season.

Rohl's role at Bayern was not a backward step. He joined in similar role to what he had at Saints and what Richard K joined as, but in a much bigger club. He also must have known the writing was on the wall for Kovac and now that Flick is in charge at least for the interim Rohl is his main assistant. Can't see why anyone would be surprised at him moving to one of the biggest clubs in the world which just happens to be in your home country. His wife apparently was not over keen on moving permanently to the UK. It was a major loss for Ralph, he thought he could get by without him but soon realised that he couldn't do it all and Kitzbichler was brought in and his influence has grown, either because he is very good, or probably more likely it has allowed Ralph to focus on what he does best, and the result is the resurgence in our form, back to, probably exceeding last season.

This without a doubt.

The option and likely purchase of Danso for £3.5m was the only tangible part that I've not seen posted elsewhere.

The bits on Ralph seem just to be Hypo or his "sources" opinion as Ralph isn't going to be vocal on his short /medium and long term ambitions

Likewise the bits on Gao just seem opinions based on what's happened since he's been here

It's just a chat with some acquaintances over a few beers. They had some info and I thought it was worth sharing. On reflection though some of them could have been identified with what I had originally written and how I had written it so I'd appreciate if you didn't share.

It's just a chat with some acquaintances over a few beers. They had some info and I thought it was worth sharing. On reflection though some of them could have been identified with what I had originally written and how I had written it so I'd appreciate if you didn't share.

Fair. I appreciated the details, so continue to share what you can.

If we are to sign Danso for a low fee then I'm not against that.

Ralph may well see him as a player with good core attributes who can be coached on.

Can easily be a 4th CB next season and if we continue to play a back four then we only need 4 CBs in the squad rather than the 5 we have now (6 with Hoedt).

The potential to secure, long term, the services of someone who next season might, might be our fourth choice centre back. Be still my beating heart.

How about we try and sign a centre back good enough that he pushes Jack Stephens into the fourth choice spot. That's how we will actually improve.

Ralph may well see him as a player with good core attributes who can be coached on.

Can easily be a 4th CB next season and if we continue to play a back four then we only need 4 CBs in the squad rather than the 5 we have now (6 with Hoedt).

Yes. If we had signed up Danso and then a starting cb then u don't think anyone would have had an issue. The impression when we got him was he was going to be a starter which I don't think was ever the case.

Unless I've misunderstood, Rohl went from being assistant manager at saints to a behind the scenes analysis role at bayern. If that is the case he's taken a backwards step. If I've misunderstood I stand corrected. Either way, Kitzbichler has joined, and based on recent performances our coaching team is no worse this season than it was when Rohl was here.

So we now rely on getting in loan fees before we can strengthen our side :lol:

Totally skint!

IF that's true I think it's about the wages as much as the loan fees. The board will no doubt see it as not needing to bloat the wage bill even further when we aren't going down.

IF that's true I think it's about the wages as much as the loan fees. The board will no doubt see it as not needing to bloat the wage bill even further when we aren't going down.

wages, for 6 months? are we really that strapped and unable to back the manager with what he wants in an area we are desperate in?

exciting times, signing more CBs to fight for the coveted 4th spot?

So we now rely on getting in loan fees before we can strengthen our side :lol:

Totally skint!

Nothing new really for us! - it’s why I’m keeping half an eye on the Che Adams stuff.

I saw Brendan talking about getting “cover” until the end of the season which backs up the loan for Vest talk.

I reckon that's the issue. I don't read that tweet to necessarily mean that we need the loan fee, rather that we want to move one first teamer out before bringing another in. Given the crap we have on our books, I'm happy with that. Not sure how I feel about KWP though, he's not impressed me when I've seen him but we need a right back.

I reckon that's the issue. I don't read that tweet to necessarily mean that we need the loan fee, rather that we want to move one first teamer out before bringing another in. Given the crap we have on our books, I'm happy with that. Not sure how I feel about KWP though, he's not impressed me when I've seen him but we need a right back.

when you say crap on our books..most of which are loaned out. Granted we are no doubt paying a portion of the wages but we would have received loan fees for all of them.

despite that, we still need to shift before we can even loan someone.....

#mess

when you say crap on our books..most of which are loaned out. Granted we are no doubt paying a portion of the wages but we would have received loan fees for all of them.

despite that, we still need to shift before we can even loan someone.....

#mess

Yeah but loans come back and are still our problem, and will undoubtedly be loss making. We can't keep bringing players in without getting some kind of fee for those under contract but of no use to us. The mess is the decision to sign so much rubbish, but the fact is that we have, so the club has to be realistic and commercial. That's gotta mean a bit of loaning out and loaning in until deadwood is either out of contract or sold. It's far from ideal but it's where we are sadly.

I'd prefer if we are going for the 4th choice centre back as a development project to use an academy product such as Jones or Klarer.

Danso doesn't seem worth a fee to me but at the end of the day as long as its Ralph making the decision. Bednarek came in cheap and has been an excellent purchase, so maybe danso's got very deeply hidden potential other don't have.

I've been told the problem with Valery is not so much any injury or issue regarding his health but more a case he has been frozen out due to his off the pitch antics behaving like a complete idiot. Apparently another youngster who also got too big for his boots was treated the same way but is back in the fold after knuckling down and showing the right attitude.

I have no idea if this is true but I have no reason to disbelieve the person who told me.

wages, for 6 months? are we really that strapped and unable to back the manager with what he wants in an area we are desperate in?

We aren't desperate, we're pretty much safe. We could play Yoshida or Danso at RB for the rest of the season, they'd be a weakness and we'd ship a few goals down the right but still stay up.

F**k it, we could probably play Gunn at RB for the remaining games and still scrape together 2 wins and 3 draws from somewhere.

We aren't desperate, we're pretty much safe. We could play Yoshida or Danso at RB for the rest of the season, they'd be a weakness and we'd ship a few goals down the right but still stay up.

F**k it, we could probably play Gunn at RB for the remaining games and still scrape together 2 wins and 3 draws from somewhere.

that is a great example of our continued backing of the manager.

Worse I reckon. Koeman was an up and down manager with an excellent squad. Ralph has shown he has more about him IMO and is improving players, building a strong team from an average group.

Would love to see what Ralph could have done with the Tadic/Mane/Pelle/VVD team.

I agree, though I think that does a little disservice to Koeman who did have to rebuild a large chunk of the side after the exodus.

It's imperative we back Ralph, but we won't.

Sell before buy ad infinitum til these utter parasites are gone.

Unless I've misunderstood, Rohl went from being assistant manager at saints to a behind the scenes analysis role at bayern. If that is the case he's taken a backwards step. If I've misunderstood I stand corrected. Either way, Kitzbichler has joined, and based on recent performances our coaching team is no worse this season than it was when Rohl was here.

You haven’t misunderstood. Rohls job at Bayern is two if not more levels down from the one he had at saints and Leipzig. He’s assistant analyst coach or words to that effect. people will argues he’s gone to one of the biggest clubs in the world but it’s a massive step back in his career. Some people just don’t like the to hear the truth.

I've been told the problem with Valery is not so much any injury or issue regarding his health but more a case he has been frozen out due to his off the pitch antics behaving like a complete idiot. Apparently another youngster who also got too big for his boots was treated the same way but is back in the fold after knuckling down and showing the right attitude.

I have no idea if this is true but I have no reason to disbelieve the person who told me.

I was told by someone who knows him well and played alongside him that he is a very level-headed and likeable bloke who keeps himself to himself and works hard.

Also a Great example of gullible fans falling for the clubs PR machine.

Falling for what? I’ve always believed Gao to be a useless owner without a pot to p*ss in. What I don’t get is why some people are surprised he isn’t spending money. Yes, we absolutely need a new RB, amongst a few other players. Do I expect an owner like Gao to bloat the wage further when he doesn’t need to? No.

I’m telling you what bears do in the woods. You seem to interpret that as me loving bear sh*t.

Also a Great example of gullible fans falling for the clubs PR machine.

Totaly! We are not skint - far from it. Last published accounts showed we made a £35M profit, and since then we have loaned a number of players and generally lowered the wage to income ratio. No harm in being prudent and self sustained, but do not kid yourself and think we are broke. I am fine with no investment from Gao, and everything staying within the club (nothing put in but nothing taken out either) - just find someone who can invest what we have wisely and not waste it.

Puts your campaign against Reed in a different light, no wonder you are keen to downplay it

The potential to secure, long term, the services of someone who next season might, might be our fourth choice centre back. Be still my beating heart.

How about we try and sign a centre back good enough that he pushes Jack Stephens into the fourth choice spot. That's how we will actually improve.

If we keep Stephens and Bednarek (his contract needs renewing) plus Danso then we can ideally lose the wages of Hoedt, Vestergaard and Yoshida which should allow us to bring in a good CB to compete to be a first choice.

If we keep Stephens and Bednarek (his contract needs renewing) plus Danso then we can ideally lose the wages of Hoedt, Vestergaard and Yoshida which should allow us to bring in a good CB to compete to be a first choice.

Sounds like a pretty reasonable long term plan to me. Replacing 32 year old Yoshida with 22 year old Danso as a back up option isn’t the worst idea ever.

Find it interesting that there are a few pieces saying we have £35m to spend and then that Leicester are after Vestergard for £15m and Leeds for Che for £20m. Also, that Hojberg is on Everton's radar for £35m

#transfermaths