January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

SuperSAINT

Awesome.

Way to go Southampton, a window we needed to strengthen at the back has lead to us weakening ourselves at the back.

Yoshida, whilst not amazing, was a very useful option to have around.

Yes, he was out of contract, but why on earth are we not adding before letting such a valuable option leave.

Awesome.

Way to go Southampton, a window we needed to strengthen at the back has lead to us weakening ourselves at the back.

Yes, he was out of contract, but why on earth are we not adding before letting such a valuable option leave.

fonejacker-7defdb83-2388-45f4-af2a-e79c1cc27d6-resize-750.jpg

Awesome.

That's another £5M in the coffers. We is loaded now innit.

Not sure slattery would leave us light though he barely features

Fair point but hardly well stocked at CM.

Awesome.

That's a lot more concerning...

Shame to see Yoshida go, proper servant and always came across fully committed. Whilst I can't really defend us somehow ending this window with less choice in defence, CB is an area we do have a fair few options for. Even without Yoshida, we have Stephens, Bednerak, Vestergard & Danso.

Yoshida was out of contract in the summer so hopefully we get a few quid out of it. Am sure everyone will wish him nothing but the best!

No doubting Yoshida has been a loyal servant and great to the local community, but he's a bang average defender. When he became our first choice CB it was very worrying times.

If he does go, merchandise and home ticket sales will take a bit of a hit.

Wow, bye bye Yoshida. Leicester really was the end for him. Been dire this season but a great servant and character. 4th choice CB isn't great for him so fair enough leaving, and if we HAVE to we can play Danso or Klarer.

We don't need 5 centre backs, so I assume it was a decision between him or Danso leaving.

Do like him as a player but yeah leicester seemed to be the end of the road for him with Ralph.

Awesome.

LOL 'valuable'?

Yoshida hasn't played in the league since October, and he was awful in those games.

I wonder if any of you lot realise that maybe, just maybe, some of these players actually want to leave and not sit around being 4th choice, I am sure when Yoshida would take it as great comfort that he can;t go because Saintsweb demand he be here incase we have 4 centre-back injuries......

No minutes in over 2 months aside the FA Cup, out of contract in the summer, was awful in the games he has this season and really has never been anything more than a squad player at his best.

Struggling to see 'valuable'

'Southampton defender Maya Yoshida is set to join Claudio Ranieri's Sampdoria before the window closes tonight. (Source: Di Marzio)'

OMG.Wait until Batman hears about this.

"Releasing Japan's captain" will be his concern. "One of the best players ever to grace the red and white shirt" although a few weeks ago he was f king shyte.

He will probably start a thread about it.

Awesome.

That is kind of incredible. The one area we absolutely needed players and we have lost two of them.

Now Gao can pay an extra bit more off that loan.

Honestly, the guy is draining this club. I've never despised someone as much as i despise him.

Kat runs him close for me.. tbh I don’t think he’s any worse then she was anyway it’s just more of the same but the majority of the family Jewell’s had already been sold off under her, plus she made it out like she was selling to him to take us to the next level. In reality she just couldn’t wait to get us sold but still a bit annoying the way she tried to sugar coat it

LOL 'valuable'?

Yoshida hasn't played in the league since October, and he was awful in those games.

I wonder if any of you lot realise that maybe, just maybe, some of these players actually want to leave and not sit around being 4th choice, I am sure when Yoshida would take it as great comfort that he can;t go because Saintsweb demand he be here incase we have 4 centre-back injuries......

No minutes in over 2 months aside the FA Cup, out of contract in the summer, was awful in the games he has this season and really has never been anything more than a squad player at his best.

Struggling to see 'valuable'

It's numbers though, what are we left with?

I didn't really class him as 4th choice, easily above Vestergaard for me anyway.

We needed to strengthen defense this window, Ralph said as much. All we've done is flaming weakening it in experience and numbers. I'm bemused by it all really.

Have we got rid of Danso as well, as Cedric and Yoshi?

Danso now staying.

So we have essentially finished this window with less players than we started. Awesome.

Wouldn't mind if it was the rubbish we currently have out on loan, but not the relatively thin squad of players we do have.

This loan signing from Chelsea on loan seems the most pointless signing I've ever seen. Loan to the end of season to play in the U23's

Might have something to do with Matt's appointment, may have seen something in the youth squads he liked whilst at The FA.

Three isn't it? Klarer out on loan as well isn't he? So weve lost Yoshida, Klarer Cedric and potentially Danso. And we have gained...spurs fourth choice right back on loan.
Walker Peters might be great but I don't see how the club can be lauded as well run. If we've only got a small amount of money then we really need to spend a large percentage on the defence.

Might have something to do with Matt's appointment, may have seen something in the youth squads he liked whilst at The FA.

I guess so, but he only got one game at Tranmere in league 1 this season. I will reserve my judgement, but seems a bit strange.

It's numbers though, what are we left with?

I didn't really class him as 4th choice, easily above Vestergaard for me anyway.

We needed to strengthen defense this window, Ralph said as much. All we've done is flaming weakening it in experience and numbers. I'm bemused by it all really.

He is clearly not above Vestergaard in Ralph's eyes because Vestergaard played at Palace, I think after Leicester Ralpha has written him off.

Not seeing the issue with numbers, centre backs we have Bednerak, Stephens, Vestergaard and Danso. Right back we have KWP and Valery, Left back we have Bertrand, KWP and Vokins.

JWP can also play right back if needed as he's shown multiple times.

We have basically swapped KWP for Cedric, Yoshida was never in the picture.

We need to strengthen the defence not with numbers but with quality and that is hard enough to do in January anyway and even harder to do when you have a bloated squad of useless players on high wages.

More squad filler seems a bit pointless to me, we only have 14 games left of the season, 1 maybe more in the cup, and the vast majority of those games are against bottom half teams.

We haven't strengthened it but I don't think we have weakened it either and clearly its an early start on the clear out we need. Maybe them going early will allow us to get a signing in earlier in the window?

I’m surprised the ‘letting the players go that are blocking the youth coming through’ reason was not pulled out earlier. We could get rid of Ralph too and get Wotte and Portvleit back. Probably be cheaper wages as well.

Danso now staying.

So we have essentially finished this window with less players than we started. Awesome.

Wouldn't mind if it was the rubbish we currently have out on loan, but not the relatively thin squad of players we do have.

Hasn't Ralph always been clear he wants a squad of around 20, which is what we'll have.

unless you feel Yoshida should be picked at CB ahead of Danso and Vestegaard, which some might, then I fail to see why you would be nothing but happy that we have got his wages off the books. Every penny saved now, is a penny we can spend in the summer. Lets hope we spend more than a few pennies mind!

Hasn't Ralph always been clear he wants a squad of around 20, which is what we'll have.

That’s rather low. Normally it’s around 25-30 players in the squad. I think Mourinho likes 26 maximum.

Harry Hamblin has gone to Macclesfield on a free. When did he sign for us?

I'd give us a 4 but it depends on how wp does. Soares leaving seemingly makes us weaker and disrupts the team that was on such a good run of form. I kind of understand it as he is leaving in the summer anyway but it really would have been better to keep him as we are left light still at the back.
Assuming it's true and yoshida does go as well, let's revise that window rating downwards a tad...

unless you feel Yoshida should be picked at CB ahead of Danso and Vestegaard, which some might, then I fail to see why you would be nothing but happy that we have got his wages off the books. Every penny saved now, is a penny we can spend in the summer. Lets hope we spend more than a few pennies mind!

I’d pick Yoshida over Danso and Vestergaard. At the very least, they’re not automatics ahead of him.