January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

SuperSAINT

Can we now start the who are we selling in the summer thread.

I do worry more about us for next season,the dross will still be here and we will surely sell anyone who’s worth a few bob. Then when we finally manage do last minute loans to get rid of the usual suspects we are left with what.

That depends on whether or not KWP turns out to be better than Cedric.

This. Disappointing window but it’s barely weaker. The question is whether we’d have been out signing players had we still been in the relegation zone? The run of form seems to have changed the minds of the board as to our need for players. Maybe the £35 million the media quoted was the fund we had to fight off relegation but they’ve decided to keep it until Summer. Maybe wishful thinking, but we’ll find out come the summer.

This. Disappointing window but it’s barely weaker. The question is whether we’d have been out signing players had we still been in the relegation zone? The run of form seems to have changed the minds of the board as to our need for players. Maybe the £35 million the media quoted was the fund we had to fight off relegation but they’ve decided to keep it until Summer. Maybe wishful thinking, but we’ll find out come the summer.

Yeah, exactly this. Since we're pretty much safe I'd much rather spend that money in the summer.

Yeah I always assumed that 35m was gambling next year's tv money/parachute payment.

Who thinks Ralph will quit the end of the season, even if we stay up! This has got to have been the last straw for him, surely.

I dont think he will quit as such. I think his restraint from taking another job will be a solid as a soggy biscuit.

More polite applause from the usual lot to follow

Who thinks Ralph will quit the end of the season, even if we stay up! This has got to have been the last straw for him, surely.

Nope, can't see it, the reason being is that he is not a bed wetting ninny like the majority on this thread. :mcinnes:

Whilst the window hasn't blown anyones socks off, its been a sensible approach, to a well managed club who are still paying the price for mistakes in previous windows. This mess will not be sorted out overnight, we still have a multitude of high earners contracted to us, loaned out for which we are still paying a huge part of their salaries, wake up people! :rolleyes:

Moaning about not having money seems fairly pointless. We all know the money we've wasted and we're extremely limited until we shift players.

We have 6 or 7 players not even in our squad who not only cost us a lot, but are on huge wages. Shift them all and we have room to do business again.

The money wasted has only been money we’ve earned from sales, why do we have no money when we’ve made over £70m profit the last two years? We are meant to be a well run, self sustainable club yet we don’t seem to be able to survive without selling players.

Nope, can't see it, the reason being is that he is not a bed wetting ninny like the majority on this thread. :mcinnes:

Whilst the window hasn't blown anyones socks off, its been a sensible approach, to a well managed club who are still paying the price for mistakes in previous windows. This mess will not be sorted out overnight, we still have a multitude of high earners contracted to us, loaned out for which we are still paying a huge part of their salaries, wake up people! :rolleyes:

This 100%

How can we be a well managed club when we can’t bring in any new players without selling any despite being the only club club in the division to make a profit from transfers? Can we please stop this we are well run bo11ocks. We obviously aren’t, or at least haven’t been.

Absolutely this ?

Is there another club with 4 of its top 10 record transfers on loan. Another 3 regularly on the bench. That leaves 2 sold and only Danny ings who we bought this season in the regular starting xi

Is there another club with 4 of its top 10 record transfers on loan. Another 3 regularly on the bench. That leaves 2 sold and only Danny ings who we bought this season in the regular starting xi

Just shut up and repeat the mantra mate

We are a well run club

We are a well run club

We are a well run club

Say it often enough you’ll believe it too

It not factual. We aren’t a well run club, simple as that. Don’t believe the spin.

We have been well run but made awful transfer decisions. If those transfers had come off they'd be no whingeing. Doing what people on here are calling for would make us badly run. We need to clear out the ****e and rebuild. It's not complicated.

We have been well run but made awful transfer decisions. If those transfers had come off they'd be no whingeing. Doing what people on here are calling for would make us badly run. We need to clear out the ****e and rebuild. It's not complicated.

We’ve made multiple failures in transfers, which means aren’t well run then.

Wrong. Making transfer decisions that haven't worked us does not alter the fact that we're well run strategically and financially. As a business the club works. Throwing money around whilst being stuck with a load of ****e players would be stupid.

Wrong. Making transfer decisions that haven't worked us does not alter the fact that we're well run strategically and financially. As a business the club works. Throwing money around whilst being stuck with a load of ****e players would be stupid.

We've done that already, which would suggest we're badly run.

I dont think he will quit as such. I think his restraint from taking another job will be a solid as a soggy biscuit.

More polite applause from the usual lot to follow

Well it wont be from you as you don’t go near it so how you have bloody cheek to criticise others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're financially viable and sustainable. That, at its simplest, is a well run football business. If it isn't, tell me your definition of a well run football business.

If your strategy is to stay up spending as little as possible then we’ve got it nailed.

Some people might argue that’s spending tens of millions on a poor recruitment policy over and over again might make us badly run and strategically flawed but this can’t be true because I’m just going to pretend that we’re well run.

Were the culprits not sacked?

We are stuffed at the moment and until the new structure is in place Croker , new recruitment guy and we know what division we are in 36 points quoted don’t think contracts will be discussed although I would bet some have been already.

I don’t see us coming out of this well unless we take a big loss on Forster, Mo,Carillo and Hoedt

If you take that literally and believe it is aimed solely at those sat at SMS, that is your problem.

So answer the question what are they meant to do?

We are in the crap due to the way it was run - new people are going to try and improve that do you think supporting them is the way ?

Wilson/Krueger and Reed caused this mess along with Hunter the shambles will take years to fix.

A sensible post! I agree with you Ewell :)

Whilst we still have big earners on our books that we cannot yet shift, not spending on transfer fees and still trying to reduce our expenditure/wage bill is evident in some sense that financially we are being sensible.

The club will definitely spend money in the summer, of course we will. But, whilst we are in a somewhat safer position than anyone envisaged us to be at this point in the season in the league, I’m more than happy not to see us throw another £20m at a deadline day flop.

I’m optimistic that this is the summer (and it’s been a long time coming!) that we can finally cut ties with the many players (out on loan absolutely everywhere) we all want to see the back of and see us able to invest some of their transfer fees and freed up wages on players that can actually contribute to our first team squad.

Like has been said above, it’s not that we haven’t tried to buy and strengthen in these past few windows. We HAVE and DID buy and in some case spent a small fortune on, unfortunately, utter garbage. We wouldn’t be complaining so bad if all our purchases from the last two or three windows all turned out to be Mane’s or Van Dijk’s. it’s just frustrating to see that we’ve spent so much and almost none of those signings are anywhere near our club, record signings playing elsewhere, leeching our wage budget and stunting our progression and there lies the blame with those in charge of recruitment these past few years.

Money is only an issue because we have so many flops on loan, leeching away at our budget. Until we part company, hopefully for some sort of fee, we can’t look to acquire more expensive acquisitions. In that respect, I’m hoping that’s what we are doing now, cutting down our expense and waiting until the summer, offloading more of our deadwood out on loan before we buy, that would be my definition of well run.

Hope Vestergaard leaves and we get a fee, getting him off the wage bill will further give us the needed flexibility to renew our team this summer.

We cant let both him and Danso go this month. Would leave us two injuries away from dipping into the u23 CB cover which would be madness