January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

SuperSAINT

He is clearly not above Vestergaard in Ralph's eyes because Vestergaard played at Palace, I think after Leicester Ralpha has written him off.

Not seeing the issue with numbers, centre backs we have Bednerak, Stephens, Vestergaard and Danso. Right back we have KWP and Valery, Left back we have Bertrand, KWP and Vokins.

JWP can also play right back if needed as he's shown multiple times.

We have basically swapped KWP for Cedric, Yoshida was never in the picture.

We need to strengthen the defence not with numbers but with quality and that is hard enough to do in January anyway and even harder to do when you have a bloated squad of useless players on high wages.

More squad filler seems a bit pointless to me, we only have 14 games left of the season, 1 maybe more in the cup, and the vast majority of those games are against bottom half teams.

We haven't strengthened it but I don't think we have weakened it either and clearly its an early start on the clear out we need. Maybe them going early will allow us to get a signing in earlier in the window?

Sensible post alert! This is not a drill.

So we've ended the window with 4 CB's to cover 2 positions, and replaced a RB that everyone said was **** with a RB who may or not be ****. In doing so we've shifted 2 big earners off the bill.

Slattery has gone on loan to get game time but looks like he'll be covered in the u23's by a lad from Chelsea, and Ramsey has gone off to play men's football for the rest of the season. Not sure what the flapping is all about.

So we've ended the window with 4 CB's to cover 2 positions, and replaced a RB that everyone said was **** with a RB who may or not be ****. In doing so we've shifted 2 big earners off the bill.

Slattery has gone on loan to get game time but looks like he'll be covered in the u23's by a lad from Chelsea, and Ramsey has gone off to play men's football for the rest of the season. Not sure what the flapping is all about.

How do you rate the window? 8/10?

Rate a transfer window? Behave. We have Valery fit to give us our first choice RB back. Bertrand is our first choice LB. KWP can cover both. Our first choice CB's are fit and in form, and we have 2 players to cover them. What more do you honestly think we needed for the rest of the season? Where are we exposed?

Rate a transfer window? Behave. We have Valery fit to give us our first choice RB back. Bertrand is our first choice LB. KWP can cover both. Our first choice CB's are fit and in form, and we have 2 players to cover them. What more do you honestly think we needed for the rest of the season? Where are we exposed?

Cedric could cover both. Whats changed?

Presumably the SFC senior management team are all high-fiving themselves and congratulating themselves on another sensational transfer window.

We don't buy success, we breed it.

We don't sign anyone. We sell and loan and flog every fu cking player we can.

#vision

In regard to against our business model it’s been top draw. 10/10

Two big earners gone, one in probably on a lot less. We just to need to scrape a few wins which we should be able to do and irs another season of success staying up spending as little as possible.

In regard to against our business model it’s been top draw. 10/10

Two big earners gone, one in probably on a lot less. We just to need to scrape a few wins which we should be able to do and irs another season of success staying up spending as little as possible.

IWhat more do you honestly think we needed for the rest of the season? Where are we exposed?

Saints lose money if it costs us a league position or 2 (or potentially more).

You can come back and gloat if our league position is impacted by errors from the RB area in games that Cedric would have played in.

Underwhelming deadline day then. Any late business to come? New contract for Shane Long and a 6 month deal for newly-released Ki Sung-Yeung perhaps would keep us talking until the early hours of the morning... :lol:

How about an underwhelming window overall for pretty much everyone?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/dec/30/football-january-transfer-window-latest-deals-premier-league-europe

I count 8 signings of any serious financial outlay, two of which were Spurs replacing their best player they've just been forced to sell and signing a player who was already there on loan.

You can come back and gloat if our league position is impacted by errors from the RB area in games that Cedric would have played in.

It’s got nothing to do with wanting to gloat. Fingers crossed KWP is a world beater. However, I suspect he’s not and making our team weaker for a quick buck, will cost us in the long run.

People moaning about getting rid of surplus defenders, the same ones they criticised for not being good enough. The mind baffles. That being said its only worth it if we have a big window for incomings in the summer. Not overly confident in Ralph being backed tho

People moaning about getting rid of surplus defenders, the same ones they criticised for not being good enough. The mind baffles. That being said its only worth it if we have a big window for incomings in the summer. Not overly confident in Ralph being backed tho

Cedric is/was our first choice RB

Reaction of posters on here is baffling

Cedric is/was our first choice RB

Who was also out of contract in the summer and had no intention of staying. Would rather we had a pick of better options in the summer than sign somebody permanently now who is not going to improve us. Being close to safety has determined our activity. No way Cedric was being allowed to leave if we were 19th

Fair play to Sheff Utd. Not resting on their success this season, in with a sniff of Europe and have spent some dosh trying to achieve it. Might not work, but kudus for trying.

Interesting to hear that Newcastle had a £40m bid accepted for a lad from Lille, but the player decided that he wanted to stay for now. Put into perspective how bad our owner is really. No way in hell would we bid £40m for a player and think of the Abuse Ashley gets.

Being close to safety has determined our activity. No way Cedric was being allowed to leave if we were 19th

So what you are saying is that now we are in sight of safety, we're prepared to step off the pedal and drift to the end of the season, rather than push on and try to achieve a higher place? So ambitious!

Don't get me wrong, I think you are quite correct in your assessment!

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Who was also out of contract in the summer and had no intention of staying. Would rather we had a pick of better options in the summer than sign somebody permanently now who is not going to improve us. Being close to safety has determined our activity. No way Cedric was being allowed to leave if we were 19th

Each premier league place is worth an extra £2m

We are 9th just now.... Time will tell if you're right or wrong

Saints must be the only club in the premier league that seem to lump the outgoing players wages and loyalty bonus in as part of the supposed ‘loan fee’.

Yet again we end up weaker in January despite Ralph’s previous insistence that we would be proactive. Disappointing as it’s the first time in a long while we could operate from a position of relative strength in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blimey there is some mass hysteria on here...

We're sensibly letting Yoshida go, we've replaced a bang average Cedric with KWP a player who is no worse, is young and has some potential and we've let some youngsters go on loan. There is no good business to be done in January unless we want to pay through the nose.

We've set ourselves up nicely for a decent summer window.

Now I'm not saying the summer will be decent, but I don't think the club have got much wrong this window. I've previously been very critical of our transfer business, but credit where it is due

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Blimey there is some mass hysteria on here...

We're sensibly letting Yoshida go, we've replaced a bang average Cedric with KWP a player who is no worse, is young and has some potential and we've let some youngsters go on loan. There is no good business to be done in January unless we want to pay through the nose.

We've set ourselves up nicely for a decent summer window.

Now I'm not saying the summer will be decent, but I don't think the club have got much wrong this window. I've previously been very critical of our transfer business, but credit where it is due

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Well, as things stand we have no right-backs for the next two games, and our back-up CB’s are Vestergaard and Danso, both completely hopeless.

I’d say that’s a pretty bad place to be.

We could have been pushing for Europe, but the last few days have scuppered that.

Well, as things stand we have no right-backs for the next two games, and our back-up CB’s are Vestergaard and Danso, both completely hopeless.

We could have been pushing for Europe, but the last few days have scuppered that.

Valery has trained all week.

Vestergaard is far from hopeless

What’s changed