Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 2,451 to 2,494 of 2494

Thread: January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

The whole team was crap against Leicester, even if Valery was a stand out performer. He’s no worse than Martina, Pied, Richardson, Kenton, Targett, Fox or any of the other reserve full backs we’ve had over the years.

Like it or not, he is about our level when it comes to cover in that position.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    KWP and Valery were fit for the last game. KWP is now injured. Valery isn't.
    No one said otherwise. We are talking about this weekend. But coming back to your irrelevant point. Being fit and being match fit are not one of the same. With their lack of any first team action neither were match fit last weekend and neither would have payed ahead of Cedric.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    No one said otherwise. We are talking about this weekend. But coming back to your irrelevant point. Being fit and being match fit are not one of the same. With their lack of any first team action neither were match fit last weekend and neither would have payed ahead of Cedric.
    The point being made was that we're struggling for a RB cos we sold one injured RB, signed one injured one, and had one on his way back to fitness. Had we kept the injured Cedric we'd be no better off.

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    And correct me if Iím wrong, but the last first team game he played was when we lost 9-0 and he was absolutely appalling. As, generally speaking, he has been every time heís played in a back 4.

Too early to talk about KWP yet, but didnít set the world alight on Saturday.

And to my original point, he (Valery) was out in January, we needed a right back on top of what we had, not a downgrade replacement. Now we have 0 fit right backs for at least 1 potentially 2 of our biggest games of the season
    You are completely wrong. He played several times after that.
    One appalling game against Leicester doesn't equate to him generally having been poor.

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    And correct me if Iím wrong, but the last first team game he played was when we lost 9-0 and he was absolutely appalling. As, generally speaking, he has been every time heís played in a back 4.

Too early to talk about KWP yet, but didnít set the world alight on Saturday.

And to my original point, he (Valery) was out in January, we needed a right back on top of what we had, not a downgrade replacement. Now we have 0 fit right backs for at least 1 potentially 2 of our biggest games of the season
    Who wasnt appalling against Leicester. The same Valery who was getting lavished with praise last season after a run of good performances including scoring against united and spurs, is now completely written off. Just sums this forum up

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    KWP and Valery were fit for the last game. KWP is now injured. Valery isn't.
    Canít be fit if missing out again?

That, or not particularly good?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Canít be fit if missing out again?

Eh? Valery is fit mate. On the bench.

Can’t be fit if missing out again?

Our "first choice RB" is being kept out of the RB position by one of our first choice CMs

Valery is third choice right back and we only have two

And if Valery had started today.... I wonder who would've been on here questioning whether he's fit enough to start a game..

Tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by notnowcato View Post
    And if Valery had started today.... I wonder who would've been on here questioning whether he's fit enough to start a game..

Tedious.
    Heís on the bench and MLG was quick to point out he played last week. Yet our manager prefers playing one of our best midfielders out of position there. Thank god we didnít need to do anything in January!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    He’s on the bench and MLG was quick to point out he played last week. Yet our manager prefers playing one of our best midfielders out of position there. Thank god we didn’t need to do anything in January!
    Worked ok with JWP didn't it, guess you are a bit annoyed and can't get all "superior" with this one

It`s a squad game. Players should be versatile enough to play in different position.

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Worked ok with JWP didn't it, guess you are a bit annoyed and can't get all "superior" with this one
    Point remains the same, Valery is our third choice right back and we only have two. Iíd rather we play players in their proper positions. Obviously I can be superior when you are concerned as my opinion is superior to yours, because you never have one

Point remains the same, Valery is our third choice right back and we only have two. I’d rather we play players in their proper positions. Obviously I can be superior when you are concerned as my opinion is superior to yours, because you never have one
    Opinion and attempts at point scoring are entirely different
    Stop trying to be so clever, you are fooling no one

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Opinion and attempts at point scoring are entirely different
    Stop trying to be so clever, you are fooling no one
    How is starting the fact that a midfield player, arguably our best midfield player. was picked above our second choice right back, ďbeing cleverĒ or ďpoint scoring? itís stating a fact. Unfortunately when you state uncomfortable facts on here some people, like yourself, get rather upset about it.

Point remains the same, Valery is our third choice right back and we only have two. I’d rather we play players in their proper positions. Obviously I can be superior when you are concerned as my opinion is superior to yours, because you never have one
    Or Valery isn’t considered fit enough to start yet(as Ralph actually said pre Burnley), as he’s been out for months

When will bring our 1st choice RB back into the first 11?

WHU away? Newcastle home?

As good as JWP is at RB he’s a CM and one of our best CMs

Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    Or Valery isn’t considered fit enough to start yet(as Ralph actually said pre Burnley), as he’s been out for months
    MLG was at pains to point out he was fit, as did a couple of other posters. So clearly he is our third choice of two right backs

How is starting the fact that a midfield player, arguably our best midfield player. was picked above our second choice right back, ďbeing cleverĒ or ďpoint scoring? itís stating a fact. Unfortunately when you state uncomfortable facts on here some people, like yourself, get rather upset about it.
    We have a group of posters that simply cannot handle the truth

They donít like the truth, they hate truth tellers.

Truth hurts

MLG was at pains to point out he was fit, as did a couple of other posters. So clearly he is our third choice of two right backs
    Back training and playing an hour for the under 23s isn't fully match fit. That doesn't mean he is 3rd choice

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post

Valery played for the under 23 last week and has been back for 3 weeks

What is the problem?
    Back training and playing an hour for the under 23s isn't fully match fit. That doesn't mean he is 3rd choice
    make your mind up MLG

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    When will bring our 1st choice RB back into the first 11?

WHU away? Newcastle home?

As good as JWP is at RB heís a CM and one of our best CMs
    The point is, at the moment, JWP is our best fit RB, as well as being possibly our best CM.

The question is whether Smallbone or Romeu as cover for JWP in midfield is stronger than Valery or KWP (at present) replacing him at RB.

Valery's recovery is going to take time. KWP is clearly raw. I'd stick with JWP at RB with Smallbone/Romeu in midfield. Long term, who knows. It's common for players to develop and find different positions. Maybe RB is JWP's best position.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    The point is, at the moment, JWP is our best fit RB, as well as being possibly our best CM.

The question is whether Smallbone or Romeu as cover for JWP in midfield is stronger than Valery or KWP (at present) replacing him at RB.

Valery's recovery is going to take time. KWP is clearly raw. I'd stick with JWP at RB with Smallbone/Romeu in midfield. Long term, who knows. It's common for players to develop and find different positions. Maybe RB is JWP's best position.

so, letting Cedric go was a bit of a gamble then....sad times

Walker-Peters & Valery are good enough quality

Valery played for the under 23 last week and has been back for 3 weeks, Walker-Peters has a minor injury.

What is the problem?
    Under 23s is not kids
    Valery played a game last week
    So is he fit or isnít he? Friday you said he was and been back from 3 weeks, now he isnít fully fit.

No gamble at all mate, you can’t expect you bring new players in when we’ve made bad signings in the past.

Not at all. I didn't say that. Cedric was going in the summer anyway, so what's the problem?

We've reinvented JWP as a very good RB and made an opportunity for Smallbone in midfield. All good.

Last edited by Shroppie; 23-02-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Last edited by egg; 24-02-2020 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Can't be arsed to carry on the discussion

So is he fit or isn’t he? Friday you said he was and been back from 3 weeks, now he isn’t fully fit.
    When did I say he was fully match fit? You are the king of taking things out of context, as you have again highlighted by picking out those quotes.

When did I say he was fully match fit? You are the king of taking things out of context, as you have again highlighted by picking out those quotes.
    Nothing out of context at all. “Valero has been back for 3 weeks “he played last week”

So either he wasn’t fit like you claimed he was or hes third choice of two full backs

Nothing out of context at all. “Valero has been back for 3 weeks “he played last week”

So either he wasn’t fit like you claimed he was or hes third choice of two full backs

Fit enough to return to an under 23 game for 60 mins and be on the bench, is different to ready to start.

Fit enough to return to an under 23 game for 60 mins and be on the bench, is different to ready to start.
    Hang on a minute, on Friday you were passionately claiming heíd been back for 3 week and had played a game last week, now youíre back tracking, oh he wasnít fit, it was only 60 minutes of an U23 game.

Hang on a minute, on Friday you were passionately claiming he’d been back for 3 week and had played a game last week, now you’re back tracking, oh he wasn’t fit, it was only 60 minutes of an U23 game.
    You make this difficult! I said he wasn't injured and was building towards match fitness with the 60 mins for the u23s. It is not as black and white as you make out with fit or not fit. You build towards full match fitness, even when no longer ill or injured.

Why does it make the window look worse? How many right backs do you want in the squad?
    Two capable / fit ones. Not asking too much I guess.

Valery played for the under 23 last week and has been back for 3 weeks, Walker-Peters has a minor injury.

What is the problem?
    You said fit, but it is daft to think they'll both be fit all the time. Should we sign 5 right backs in case 4 of them might get injured?
    It's not daft to think one of them might be fit all the time is it.
    Valery played a game last week
    You make this difficult! I said he wasn't injured and was building towards match fitness with the 60 mins for the u23s. It is not as black and white as you make out with fit or not fit. You build towards full match fitness, even when no longer ill or injured.
    You didn’t mention anything about 60 minutes of working his way back to fitness in Friday, in fact you were adamant there was no problem as Valero had played a game last week, your words, no one else’s

You didn’t mention anything about 60 minutes of working his way back to fitness in Friday, in fact you were adamant there was no problem as Valero had played a game last week, your words, no one else’s
    1) When did I say there was 'no problem'?
    2) He did play in a game last week and thus is no longer ill, that was my point which you keep twisting. Do you know the difference between not being ill, being 'fit' and being 'fully match fit'?

36. Default

You made no mention of the building towards match fitness until later in the discussion after I had raised that point. You said he played for the U23s and was fit. Now it turns out it wasn't even a full game and he's certainly not match fit. Sometimes it's best to just stop digging.

You made no mention of the building towards match fitness until later in the discussion after I had raised that point. You said he played for the U23s and was fit. Now it turns out it wasn't even a full game and he's certainly not match fit. Sometimes it's best to just stop digging.
    No I didn't.

What is the problem?
    1) When did I say there was 'no problem'?
    2) He did play in a game last week and thus is no longer ill, that was my point which you keep twisting. Do you know the difference between not being ill, being 'fit' and being 'fully match fit'?
    “What is the problem?” Implying there wasn’t one as Valery has been back for 3 week

I’m not twisting anything pal. You’re just wrong

“What is the problem?” Implying there wasn’t one as Valery has been back for 3 week

I’m not twisting anything pal. You’re just wrong
    It is bizarre how much you twist words and don't realise you are doing it! Valery missing the last couple of games is not a problem that required a 3rd right back signed in January, as he is close to being ready to play.

It is bizarre how much you twist words and don't realise you are doing it! Valery missing the last couple of games is not a problem that required a 3rd right back signed in January, as he is close to being ready to play.
    It’s bizarre how you said one thing now claiming you said something different and your original comments were taken out of context, despite the fact it’s not just who has pointed it out

It’s bizarre how you said one thing now claiming you said something different and your original comments were taken out of context, despite the fact it’s not just who has pointed it out
    That is simply not true.

That is simply not true.
    Stop lying Matthew, it is.

Stop lying Matthew, it is.
    Quote the posts that you think are in conflict with each other.

This is getting a bit sad TBH. If you two want to carry on this fascinating debate, PM each other or go to the duck rape thread.