January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

SuperSAINT

ROFL thanks for this post needed I laugh.

Sorry don’t rate Bednarek.

Hopefully we reignite interest in Maehle.

Everyone knows we have no cover for Bertrand after Targett sale.

We are seriously limited in central midfield with Romeu and the poor Hojbjerg this season.

So are you still on the floor laughing?

Hojbjerg has been poor. He says all the right things but doesn’t seem to realise he’s not good enough. I’d replace him.
We will have to fairly soon as he won't sign a new contract.

Will be in the summer I imagine, when he just has one year left.

Just because you were at a big club it doesn’t mean you do ‘have something’. Sunderland signed lots of Man Utd fringe players and look what happened to them!
Exactly this. You have obviously not made the cut or are not good enough for that level otherwise they wouldnt sell you our best players over recent years is signing players from lesser clubs,

for Example Mane- from Salzburg

On the other hand you have:

Lemina- from Juventus

Hoedt- from Lazio

Well established European clubs must be doing something wrong for them not want to keep you.

On the plus side Djenepo from Red Star Belgrade falls into the Mane category so hopefully we are going back down that route

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

He does have something, he was at Bayern for a reason and has had good spells here. But he's a frustrating player a lot of the time.

I'd be happy to keep Romeu as competition, Slattery as back up as he learns and sign 2 new central midfielders. Sell Hojbjerg, Armstrong and Lemina. Armstrong is alright, he'd be great if we go down. But at this level I don't see where he fits in. Not enough all round game for CM, not talented or quick enough to play further forward.

Hang on, you used to constantly proclaim that we shouldn’t spend money. We should be coaching the ones weve got to improve, you always used to say how terrible it was that we sign players, then when they prove themselves not to be up it fans demand more signings. This was fickle and disgusting and wrong and we should coaching, coaching, coaching. So now you’re saying we should tear that up and that we should be signing players?

Every time Ziyech has a wonder game or goal I think back to Jan 2015 transfer thread and me and @Supersaint started doing the cheerleading for the assist and goal scoring legend from FC Twente.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2842[/ATTACH]

Sack the black box.

We are the new black-box.

Looking down a league, there's Hegazi and Martins Indi that could be available for a cheapy (seeing as I'd be surprised if we had much in the way of money for squad investment come January). #justsaying

Heck, I'd happily take Phil Jones off United's hands if the price was right. Or anyone half decent just to change things up.

Please, no!

Can't find a direct link to the Sun, but apparently Steve Walsh is scouting for us (Worked with Glover at Everton).

3 new players wanted in January.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/11/11/report-shares-southamptons-january-transfer-plans-with-three-pla/

We need quality. I just wonder which players who have the requisite quality will come to us in January? We’ll probably hear of lots of supposed targets, non of which are achievable, just to appease us. Always the same story.

I am laughing if you think club will rush out and splash the cash in January and buy 4-5 players. Also sell ralphs two golden boys hojberg and jwp and the only centre back to have played every game under him. Don't think so.

Lets be honest, they either throw the towel in and accept relegation and bring in players and possibly a manager who will be best placed to get us promoted, or we have a go and bring in 3/4. We're terrible atmm and without improvements either within the squad currently or by bringing in new players, we're down.

Lets be honest, they either throw the towel in and accept relegation and bring in players and possibly a manager who will be best placed to get us promoted, or we have a go and bring in 3/4. We're terrible atmm and without improvements either within the squad currently or by bringing in new players, we're down.

No we are not down.

There is still 26 games to be played for FFS.

We have a run of winnable games coming up, espacially an opportunity to win some at home.

Why the hell would we panic 12 games ?

I am laughing if you think club will rush out and splash the cash in January and buy 4-5 players. Also sell ralphs two golden boys hojberg and jwp and the only centre back to have played every game under him. Don't think so.

when our one ITK is cynical, you know things are bad at the club! Not seeing much love for Ralph there! but as mooted when JWP and PEH appear undroppable and they have been our worst performers, we really are in the mire.

Unless the owners have changed their policy, the main aim, as usual, will be to make a profit or at least break even, so we'll probably sell Bertrand early in the window and then some of that money will be used to buy a player or two at the end of the window.

He does have something, he was at Bayern for a reason and has had good spells here. But he's a frustrating player a lot of the time.

I'd be happy to keep Romeu as competition, Slattery as back up as he learns and sign 2 new central midfielders. Sell Hojbjerg, Armstrong and Lemina. Armstrong is alright, he'd be great if we go down. But at this level I don't see where he fits in. Not enough all round game for CM, not talented or quick enough to play further forward.

Just sell those three players. Easy

Sell:

Jan Vestergaard (loan to Werder Bremen)

Shane Long (loan to QPR)

James Ward-Prowse (no interest)

Stuart Armstrong (loan to Celtic)

Sam McQueen (released)

That generates precisely FA to our non-existant transfer fund.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Has anyone else seen this nonsense on facebook that we are going to spend £75m in January and no one should protest as it might put it into jeopardy? Surely this has got to be a club plant :lol:

I'd argue we should be protesting at plans to spend 75m. Panic buying more dross in January to further weigh down the club in the championship should be resisted.

Sell:

Jan Vestergaard

Shane Long

James Ward-Prowse

Stuart Armstrong

Sam McQueen

We have so many players that no other club would pay a transfer fee for, like the ones you have listed, that it is difficult to bring any in any money from the transfer market without selling our very best players, which is what we usually do, while the ones in most fans' retained lists are the ones that are most likely to be sold.

Our most realistic strategy might be to try to offload some of our players in part-exchange for some of the Championship's better players, like Dael Fry. But, our scouting and recruitment has been so poor in recent years that it's hard to trust them to buy anyone good enough.

Absolutely this. Pointless buying another youngster for £15m who may improve and we can make a profit - we don’t need another Hoet or Vest. We need an experienced cb leader nearing the end of his career with game management who can dole out the odd Bollicking to team mates and be given the captaincy. Cahill would have been ideal but that ship has sailed, there will be others though not getting a game currently. Problem is - this isn’t in the strict strategy of under 25s c £10-15m on a second contract.

Absolutely this. Pointless buying another youngster for £15m who may improve and we can make a profit - we don’t need another Hoet or Vest. We need an experienced cb leader nearing the end of his career with game management who can dole out the odd Bollicking to team mates and be given the captaincy. Cahill would have been ideal but that ship has sailed, there will be others though not getting a game currently. Problem is - this isn’t in the strict strategy of under 25s c £10-15m on a second contract.
Someone's listening to you.

HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music: Dejan Kulusevski discusses potential Arsenal and Southampton move.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/11/15/dejan-kulusevski-discusses-potential-arsenal-and-southampton-mov/

15m offer potentially for Jan for a 19yr old playmaker.

We needed a playmaker central midfielder like forever so am discounting this as agent leak.

Someone's listening to you.

HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music: Dejan Kulusevski discusses potential Arsenal and Southampton move.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/11/15/dejan-kulusevski-discusses-potential-arsenal-and-southampton-mov/

15m offer potentially for Jan for a 19yr old playmaker.

We needed a playmaker central midfielder like forever so am discounting this as agent leak.

If we want to stay up and if he can stay fit I’d rather Lallana in January. It’s no time for an unproven teenager no matter how good he could be. Anyway I’m sure the link is pure tosh and if us and Arsenal were genuinely interested I know where he’d go.

If we want to stay up and if he can stay fit I’d rather Lallana in January. It’s no time for an unproven teenager no matter how good he could be. Anyway I’m sure the link is pure tosh and if us and Arsenal were genuinely interested I know where he’d go.

Why would Lallana give up a Premier League winners medal for a relegation battle?

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/Noticias/Ver/815173

An actual link. Artur Jorge, 25yo CB from Vitoria, Portugal.

Has caught Saints eye, as well as Championship clubs (insert punchline).

No nothing of him, so not making a judgement, only to say that if we bring a CB in they simply have to be a player ready to go straight into the side and start every week.

Report says we value him around €1.5m... or is it shterrrling?

Break the bank Gao

I club insider has told the dad of a lad that works with me that Ralph is being given a 72m war chest in January. So to answer the inevitable questions that will be asked, no I’m not taking the ****, and no I don’t think it’s true. Just passing on what I’ve been told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fee doesn't surprise me as we have very little money in the club. I'd be surprised if we could even afford 6m

The transfer window is, as always nowadays, going to be about selling first, if we can persuade another club to buy any of our players and we'll only be able to do that if we have any player left who is good enough to interest another club. Then, if we can, it will be about using part of that fee to buy anyone at the last minute, no matter how mediocre he is. And so, the downgrade will continue.

I club insider has told the dad of a lad that works with me that Ralph is being given a 72m war chest in January. So to answer the inevitable questions that will be asked, no I’m not taking the ****, and no I don’t think it’s true. Just passing on what I’ve been told.

Lol.

To be honest, 72m is a very long war chest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That rumour was on facebooks Goa out group with people saying many protest might jeopardise the money available. It’s got to be BS, no way will we have to sell to buy in August then goa finds £75m down the back of his futon.

That rumour was on facebooks Goa out group with people saying many protest might jeopardise the money available. It’s got to be BS, no way will we have to sell to buy in August then goa finds £75m down the back of his futon.

Wasn’t aware that it was on Facebook, but I’m inclined to agree with your assessment.

Still, nice to have a bit of hope hey!

The transfer window is, as always nowadays, going to be about selling first, if we can persuade another club to buy any of our players and we'll only be able to do that if we have any player left who is good enough to interest another club. Then, if we can, it will be about using part of that fee to buy anyone at the last minute, no matter how mediocre he is. And so, the downgrade will continue.
I'm not talking just about transfer fees though, money is so tight on a monthly basis.

If things get worse Kat would be able to get the club back [emoji102]

I don't think we've got 72m worth of players left to sell (even though we paid much more than that for them) so there goes the 'war chest'.

I'm not talking just about transfer fees though, money is so tight on a monthly basis.

If things get worse Kat would be able to get the club back [emoji102]

LOL, here we go again agents fees, bonuses NI contributions etc. If we genuinely have no money after 5 years of being the only club to make a profit from player trading the level of incompetence of those running the club beggars belief.

LOL, here we go again agents fees, bonuses NI contributions etc. If we genuinely have no money after 5 years of being the only club to make a profit from player trading the level of incompetence of those running the club beggars belief.
If we go down this will all come out in the wash unfortunately, we are not as healthy as we all would like to think

If we go down this will all come out in the wash unfortunately, we are not as healthy as we all would like to think

I know if we go down we are screwed, we will be in administration again within three years, unless someone saves us. Goa is seriously bad news for us, that much has been obvious since day one.