January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

SuperSAINT

There are very positive things happening within the club that can not be made public. No company holds its management meetings in public when it discusses future development or other sensitive matters. Southampton FC are no different.

That Frankie and Benny's is going to be effing brilliant when it opens.

Haha, I like the nickname, very creative. I don't know whether he will sign, I was discussing the idea of him signing (whether it is a good idea or not etc.) such is the purpose of a transfer thread. As for future team selections, it doesn't require psychic powers to notice Bertrand is in fine form and is unlikely to be readily replaced by a 19 year old with no experience in the league. I don't mind the idea of signing a young up and comer like this to deputise Bertrand, its a great idea to plan for the future, but it is hardly planning for the future if it is just a short term loan with no signing clause.

Ralph did it with Adams over an experienced and much more reliable player in Ings so it is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Ralph did it with Adams over an experienced and much more reliable player in Ings so it is not beyond the realms of possibility.
Both Adams and Ings got a number of preseason friendlies to impress and Adams looked better, it is significantly harder to impress and displace a well-performing player mid-season.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Incorrect. Danny Ings was a loan with an obligation to buy.

All of you long winded and critical posts are based on you having absolutely no information on what is happening within the club. You do not know what Mr Gao thinks, or what his intentions are with Southampton FC. You know nothing about what transfers are or are not going to take place and you do not know how much money has been allocated for transfers.

In fact everything you write is based on what you think, what you feel and your in built negativity towards people within our club that you personally know nothing about.

The fact that the whole club are now making an immense effort to correct previous mistakes and create something that may well turn out to be quite special is being done on a sustainable basis. You are wrong to accuse the club of breaking promises when the club have made no promises, other than to do the very best it can in an incredibly competitive league.

The people involved with Southampton FC are working flat out to make it a success and rather than keep sniping at them perhaps you should get behind the club 100%. No one is perfect and no human being can be right all the time. Things go wrong and mistakes are made but throwing criticism at what the club is or isn't doing, based on nothing but your opinion, is pathetic and very tiresome.

There are very positive things happening within the club that can not be made public. No company holds its management meetings in public when it discusses future development or other sensitive matters. Southampton FC are no different.

If I’m wrong on that, I have no issue with that being shot down. Seems a pretty ridiculous contract to agree to have a loan with an obligation rather than an option to buy. The appearances obligation is a common clause. I hope that wasn’t another Les Reed action, if true. Fortunately, I’m not arrogant enough to not admit fault and I don’t know that I’m wrong but I had a number of people saying similar things & I thought there might have been something in it. Still, at least the club expert minions may get a chubby over that if it’s wrong. Who cares anyway, Ings is on fire this season so I’m bloody glad we have him. I’ve liked him since day one. positive comment shocker. There must be something wrong with my inherent negativity switch!! Lol

All of you long winded and critical posts are based on you having absolutely no information on what is happening within the club. You do not know what Mr Gao thinks, or what his intentions are with Southampton FC. You know nothing about what transfers are or are not going to take place and you do not know how much money has been allocated for transfers.

You know absolutely nothing about what my posts are based on. Assuming anything is wildly presumptuous and as short sighted as you claim me to be. Fortunately, we are not in the House of Commons so we may be ok.

I never professed to know. I just chatted & discussed football matters which is the general ethos of the forum I think Heir Angel. Conversely, Do you know Mr Gao? Do you know what’s happening within the club and do you know what the intentions are with Southampton FC? I’d be worried about any fan who knew too much about the transfer intentions of a premier league club during a transfer window. I think you’re missing the entire point of this thread and the website.

In fact everything you write is based on what you think, what you feel and your in built negativity towards people within our club that you personally know nothing about.

I think most people’s scrawlings & writings are based on thoughts they actually thought and emotions they actually felt. Whilst some of the posts on this forum are highly questionable, I don’t think our club PR dept. have yet developed robots, autobots or artificial intelligence. I think some of the intelligence is artificial but not in the way you may think. Notwithstanding your post. ;o)

It’s very difficult to write without those mechanisms, unless you’re a robot. It’s also very presumptuous to assume I have an inbuilt negativity towards the club. It’s more of an inbuilt intolerance of deceit, bigots and idiots but I’m responding to you so I’m at least making progress.

The fact that the whole club are now making an immense effort to correct previous mistakes and create something that may well turn out to be quite special is being done on a sustainable basis. You are wrong to accuse the club of breaking promises when the club have made no promises, other than to do the very best it can in an incredibly competitive league.

Since we know nothing about this speculative comment and whether it’s as outlandish as the club’s PR departments grip on reality, it will be tricky for even the best spokesman to sell zero investment in the club as “immense effort to create previous mistakes”. I don’t think I’m going to be pole vaulting around on a chubby just yet but I’ll definitely give the club credit when we see the fruits of their labour. Incidentally, can you give me a link to the article where the club said about their intentions to do the very best they can in the league? I guess that’s a given but words mean nothing (other than on this forum) and actions divulge more.

I don’t remember seeing many direct quotes from the club yet I clearly may have missed some. If I have, I’m not too big to admit my mistakes and I’ll adjust my view accordingly to all these people who managed to scout the media and unearth these counter quotes.

The people involved with Southampton FC are working flat out to make it a success and rather than keep sniping at them perhaps you should get behind the club 100%. No one is perfect and no human being can be right all the time. Things go wrong and mistakes are made but throwing criticism at what the club is or isn't doing, based on nothing but your opinion, is pathetic and very tiresome.

Not nearly as tiresome as you post criticising people criticising. I put people like that in the same band as reformed smokers and zealous vegans. I support the team and manager and those that need to be supported. Words on a football forum have very little impact so it is odd to provoke your abuse but it’s your view. Fortunately, opinions vary. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone deserves forgiveness (within reason) but don’t give me this angelic cr*p that clubs are some sort of mother Theresa. I love football but there is also an ugly inside to the game and everyone knows that & that’s not dwelling on negativity that’s looking at the light and the dark. Just save the sanctimony.

I have no doubt there is and I was never under any illusion otherwise. When I see this elusive ambition and success, I will join in with the fanfare. Heart on your sleeve debate and fickle comments are what preside over a football club and if you take it too seriously and deliberate too much, you really probably shouldn’t follow football. Never sit in the stand on a match day if club owner critique & boardroom animosity pulls on your heart strings, your head will explode!! :mcinnes:

Both Adams and Ings got a number of preseason friendlies to impress and Adams looked better, it is significantly harder to impress and displace a well-performing player mid-season.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

I agree, it’s much harder to displace a performing player and I do agree that Adams looked decent in preseason but I’m just making a point which is entirely valid. I think the break, personally, has done Adams good. I also think now we are on a more positive front, coaching and initiatives will have more benefit and probably the confidence in the management more effectively as it is very difficult to get people to believe in your vision when things are not going right as any cult leader will tell you. Ask around, I think a few post on here!! :rolleyes:

Hi Jordan. Do you collect Semmens dry cleaning now instead of Corteses?

:lol: :lol:

I hope the comment you quoted is Matt Crocker, Semmens or Sibley or someone at the club as a genuine, balanced fan from the terraces should understand opinion and fan discord at the very least. If you don’t understand that, then your opinion is of no interest Archangel. Is your name code for being a welder?

Not you Turkish!

We have only recently made a miraculous recovery and a brilliant change of form which, if you had read beyond the blinkers, I had commended the club for. We are still not clear of the woods and we still desperately need full backs. I am not alone in pining for that. It could make or break us. Look at what happened to Bournemouth with a series of injuries. That’s having foresight and a sense of realism as opposed to negativity and being pessimistic to suit a short sighted and alternative view.

Every club in the Premier League have the same sort of reaction on the forums during transfer windows only not many clubs in the league make a profit year on year yet withhold transfer funds from the manager, stating he has to sell to be able to buy. Not many clubs put so much time and effort into sculpting social media but I guess you don’t need to when you actually give the club an adequate transfer budget and run the club competently and transparently. I do believe that we have a small transfer budget - or a war chest if you work for ‘Sensation Relations - Premier South Coast’ office. I do believe that we are doing something, just for the record. Contrary to our angel of dearth, I just believe it’s less than the dolts fantasise.

Certain walks of the coaching staff at Saints have made remarkable progress over the last month but that doesn’t change my disatisfaction with the ownership and apparent underfunding. I don’t know much about the owners - who does - so I can only judge them by their actions and since they appear mute, disinterested and have neglected the club to the point of relegation, nor have the time or capacity to speak to the fans, they leave themselves open to criticism. They have panicked and sparked into action now but before then, our entire board were jollying in China while we were sleepwalking towards relegation. If the owners don’t like that, don’t buy an English Premier League club. I imagine the criticism is much worse in London.

I will always criticise when criticism is due, especially where I perceive a divisive, dishonesty agenda misleading decent, honest people. If you believe I’m wrong or you don’t believe it, that’s your opinion. Simply ignore. Or attack that opinion if you’re more autocratic and controlling. Reading the subtext of our club sycophant, you are assuming I know nothing about the club, I know no-one within the club and I don’t have any contact within football. I know nothing about you, don’t need nor want to but I won’t make any assumptions. I will speak openly and freely.

I like talking about Saints related matters, especially in transfer windows. Harsh club criticisms are no big deal to any fan so I question those who get so upset by scary adjectives. Skip past them as I do to boring people in a pub or on here. Go chat to a different group who are inherently more interesting and amusing.

Some items I mention have a negative slur but I’m just reacting to the media spin which emanates from somewhere. It seems certain ‘groups’ don’t like that and a small array of posters try to attack that view but, it’s a football fan message forum. You really shouldn’t be that bothered as you have surely suffered in the stands and would understand frustration. If you sat in the stands two months back and listened to those fickle views, you’d realise any forum views are Child’s play in comparison.

If you don’t like club criticism, perhaps you have a different agenda and you’re trying to influence opinion rather than engage it. I’m not concerned but, I don’t like to make assumptions about fans/people I don’t know but the club is a different matter.

I’m hopeful we are doing at least something to bring in one or two defenders and I’m content with that. I have a cynical side based on the last three or more transfer windows and that’s totally fair enough.

Seems the club or a small selection of fans do not like alternative or dissenting voices and that is their prerogative. We still just about live in a democracy so we have free speech (apparently) and fans can, thankfully, freely rant and criticise. Accept it or don’t read it and go elsewhere. No one is forcing you to read all the comments nor respond. People can always go to reading the tabloids, scripts or doing sudoku. In this country we still have the wonderful freedom of choice...just.

If you don’t remember (with your short and biased memory) we were heading - under Pellegrino - to the championship and our entire board (Ralph K, Les, Kat, the Gao’s, etc.) went on a jolly to China while we were careering towards the Championship. That abject neglect to the club sticks in my mind and if that doesn’t deserve criticism in your world, I don’t know what does. Everyone has different standards of what they will accept from a football club. I didn’t want to bring up past failings of our board and give the minions more fuel to post critiques of a negative mindset on my part but until our board do something worthy of praise, then they will only be judged as good as their last game. No pun intended.

I’ve no idea who is responsible for our change in fortune defensively (which I have posted on more than one occasion) so I can’t compliment the board and I am reticent to do so until I have evidence that they have done something positive that correlates directly to them. I believe the owners and the football club operate on a totally different platform. Respect is a 2 way road.

I will never mind fans criticising a football club, nor should you.

I don’t think it’s angelic being condescending or dismayed by fan opinion or disparaging criticisms of a football club. Especially a club with a chairman who has not fulfilled his initial misrepresentation & one whom has never engaged fans nor invested a penny. Actions like that deserve every ounce of criticism and those criticising those criticisms are even more questionable with their defensive manner and their agenda focusing so vehemently on people rather than the club as an entity.

We were (and essentially still are) in a third successive relegation battle and do desperately need to sign a defender or 2. Anyone who believes that no content whatsoever or no rumour has been made by the club to the press to engineer expectations is an utter idiot.

Perhaps you should read the following article and educate yourself rather than wind yourself up on football forums

https://www.thesunmagazine.org/issues/334/language-of-mass-deception

For the record, I don’t mean to type as much and digress. I much prefer the interesting stuff, transfer talk but, at Saints, not much has happened but as long as there are misguided criticisms & barbed comments aimed at me, I’ll defend my view.

Apologies for the overly long response...again. :lol: (for the record, I get criticised for off topic comments by the board bigots which aren’t off topic while a debate trundles along about how far a player lives from the ground). I actually find it quite funny but I’m just making a point. This is what a forum should be like, random and varied and sometimes irrelevant but with people getting involved.

:lol: :lol:

I hope the comment you quoted is Matt Crocker, Semmens or Sibley or someone at the club as a genuine, balanced fan from the terraces should understand opinion and fan discord at the very least. If you don’t understand that, then your opinion is of no interest Archangel. Is your name code for being a welder?

Not you Turkish!

We have only recently made a miraculous recovery and a brilliant change of form which, if you had read beyond the blinkers, I had commended the club for. We are still not clear of the woods and we still desperately need full backs. I am not alone in pining for that. It could make or break us. Look at what happened to Bournemouth with a series of injuries. That’s having foresight and a sense of realism as opposed to negativity and being pessimistic to suit a short sighted and alternative view.

Every club in the Premier League have the same sort of reaction on the forums during transfer windows only not many clubs in the league make a profit year on year yet withhold transfer funds from the manager, stating he has to sell to be able to buy. Not many clubs put so much time and effort into sculpting social media but I guess you don’t need to when you actually give the club an adequate transfer budget and run the club competently and transparently. I do believe that we have a small transfer budget - or a war chest if you work for ‘Sensation Relations - Premier South Coast’ office. I do believe that we are doing something, just for the record. Contrary to our angel of dearth, I just believe it’s less than the dolts fantasise.

Certain walks of the coaching staff at Saints have made remarkable progress over the last month but that doesn’t change my disatisfaction with the ownership and apparent underfunding. I don’t know much about the owners - who does - so I can only judge them by their actions and since they appear mute, disinterested and have neglected the club to the point of relegation, nor have the time or capacity to speak to the fans, they leave themselves open to criticism. They have panicked and sparked into action now but before then, our entire board were jollying in China while we were sleepwalking towards relegation. If the owners don’t like that, don’t buy an English Premier League club. I imagine the criticism is much worse in London.

I will always criticise when criticism is due, especially where I perceive a divisive, dishonesty agenda misleading decent, honest people. If you believe I’m wrong or you don’t believe it, that’s your opinion. Simply ignore. Or attack that opinion if you’re more autocratic and controlling. Reading the subtext of our club sycophant, you are assuming I know nothing about the club, I know no-one within the club and I don’t have any contact within football. I know nothing about you, don’t need nor want to but I won’t make any assumptions. I will speak openly and freely.

I like talking about Saints related matters, especially in transfer windows. Harsh club criticisms are no big deal to any fan so I question those who get so upset by scary adjectives. Skip past them as I do to boring people in a pub or on here. Go chat to a different group who are inherently more interesting and amusing.

Some items I mention have a negative slur but I’m just reacting to the media spin which emanates from somewhere. It seems certain ‘groups’ don’t like that and a small array of posters try to attack that view but, it’s a football fan message forum. You really shouldn’t be that bothered as you have surely suffered in the stands and would understand frustration. If you sat in the stands two months back and listened to those fickle views, you’d realise any forum views are Child’s play in comparison.

If you don’t like club criticism, perhaps you have a different agenda and you’re trying to influence opinion rather than engage it. I’m not concerned but, I don’t like to make assumptions about fans/people I don’t know but the club is a different matter.

I’m hopeful we are doing at least something to bring in one or two defenders and I’m content with that. I have a cynical side based on the last three or more transfer windows and that’s totally fair enough.

Seems the club or a small selection of fans do not like alternative or dissenting voices and that is their prerogative. We still just about live in a democracy so we have free speech (apparently) and fans can, thankfully, freely rant and criticise. Accept it or don’t read it and go elsewhere. No one is forcing you to read all the comments nor respond. People can always go to reading the tabloids, scripts or doing sudoku. In this country we still have the wonderful freedom of choice...just.

If you don’t remember (with your short and biased memory) we were heading - under Pellegrino - to the championship and our entire board (Ralph K, Les, Kat, the Gao’s, etc.) went on a jolly to China while we were careering towards the Championship. That abject neglect to the club sticks in my mind and if that doesn’t deserve criticism in your world, I don’t know what does. Everyone has different standards of what they will accept from a football club. I didn’t want to bring up past failings of our board and give the minions more fuel to post critiques of a negative mindset on my part but until our board do something worthy of praise, then they will only be judged as good as their last game. No pun intended.

I’ve no idea who is responsible for our change in fortune defensively (which I have posted on more than one occasion) so I can’t compliment the board and I am reticent to do so until I have evidence that they have done something positive that correlates directly to them. I believe the owners and the football club operate on a totally different platform. Respect is a 2 way road.

I will never mind fans criticising a football club, nor should you.

I don’t think it’s angelic being condescending or dismayed by fan opinion or disparaging criticisms of a football club. Especially a club with a chairman who has not fulfilled his initial misrepresentation & one whom has never engaged fans nor invested a penny. Actions like that deserve every ounce of criticism and those criticising those criticisms are even more questionable with their defensive manner and their agenda focusing so vehemently on people rather than the club as an entity.

We were (and essentially still are) in a third successive relegation battle and do desperately need to sign a defender or 2. Anyone who believes that no content whatsoever or no rumour has been made by the club to the press to engineer expectations is an utter idiot.

Perhaps you should read the following article and educate yourself rather than wind yourself up on football forums

https://www.thesunmagazine.org/issues/334/language-of-mass-deception

For the record, I don’t mean to type as much and digress. I much prefer the interesting stuff, transfer talk but, at Saints, not much has happened but as long as there are misguided criticisms & barbed comments aimed at me, I’ll defend my view.

Apologies for the overly long response...again. :lol: (for the record, I get criticised for off topic comments by the board bigots which aren’t off topic while a debate trundles along about how far a player lives from the ground). I actually find it quite funny but I’m just making a point. This is what a forum should be like, random and varied and sometimes irrelevant but with people getting involved.

I am not a health professional but as a matter of interest.... how many alcohol units do you think that you consume each week??

Adams to Leeds sounds like it’s on. Stupid move by the club. Just when he’s looking good. What if Ings gets crocked? Idiots.

From twitter ex-agent Jimmy McCann:

Leeds main target remains to be Che Adams. They have back ups but everything points to Adams. All that is left to discuss is the obligation to buy. Leeds want it to be optional. Southampton want obligation. Che wants the move. expect this move to happen this window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re also talking about one million loan fee and £10m buy. If that happens we have lost our minds

He has scored zero goals.

I can see why the club would entertain it, if (big if) it meant getting someone else who is better for us.

He has scored zero goals.

I can see why the club would entertain it, if (big if) it meant getting someone else who is better for us.

He needs the run in the team he’ll get when Ings gets injured. And he made the Leicester winner by the way. Plus was good against Chelsea. Patience is required and this one would backfire.

Adams to Leeds sounds like it’s on. Stupid move by the club. Just when he’s looking good. What if Ings gets crocked? Idiots.

Leeds main target remains to be Che Adams. They have back ups but everything points to Adams. All that is left to discuss is the obligation to buy. Leeds want it to be optional. Southampton want obligation. Che wants the move. expect this move to happen this window

Nuts if true. Obefami is not ready to be back up yet, and is injury prone. Adams is our best back up and to move him on is madness.

If we get in a quality fast striker then it makes lots of sense.

Must admit Adams is starting to look good now.

What possible reason would we have to loan out Adams with an option to buy? Loaning him out anyway is mad.
It only would make any sense if we have already decided he's not good enough and are buying a replacement.

If there is truth that the club want to sell him against the managers wishes, it's really time for Ralph to stand up and insist Adams doesn't leave before a replacement that Ralph approves is signed. Otherwise we would all know what would happen here!

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

It only would make any sense if we have already decided he's not good enough and are buying a replacement.

If there is truth that the club want to sell him against the managers wishes, it's really time for Ralph to stand up and insist Adams doesn't leave before a replacement that Ralph approves is signed. Otherwise we would all know what would happen here!

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Bloody club. Even in relative good times the noises of conflict are not good. Don't pee Ralph off now, after all the good work

If Che isnt up for the challenge and wants to go, then let him. Would be disappointing if he isnt willing to put the graft in to make himself a success at a PL club. However, only let him go after a replacement has been secured because we're an injury to Ings away to being left with a championship strike force

Really haven’t missed this place.

Thought I’d pop back to see if there were any snippets of info but all I see going on is *****ing and in fighting between the usual suspects having a ****ing contest.

Did you not see the Adams speculation? If you're referring to peoples comments about that proposed move, I don't see your issue. Selling / loaning one of only a few strikers is bound to attract opinion. This is a transfer window thread where transfer related matters will be discussed.

They’re also talking about one million loan fee and £10m buy. If that happens we have lost our minds

That’s lame. We paid 3.5 million loan fee for Danso. I don’t like us being stung but if we are, we at least do the same to others as they have the need. Not us. Not sure this move is wise. If we sign Bowen, I retract that caution

Oh Christ, not that idiot again. He doesn’t know anything, he just rehashes a bunch of rumours we’ve all seen else where with some fake pseudo-insight like, "the player is keen, the agent is negotiating over XYZ."

I work out in Hamburg quite a bit, have got to know quite a few of the local lads in the office over there. A few of them are Hamburg fans and have messaged me to say that we are interested in Josh Vagnoman. None of them can provide any firm reports etc so could be rubbish. Dont know anything about him, but he is a defender!

Transfermarkt plays him as being able to play lb and rb.

But he broke his tarsal in October.

Maybe we were interested before the bone break and have switched to Bakker? Ill see if my Hamburg colleagues can provide any links.

Maybe we were interested before the bone break? Maybe its one for the summer?

He's a (highly rated) right back.

Given that he's currently got a broken foot and would cost semi-decent money for us, perhaps we're putting in the groundwork for a summer move, after Cedric has left.

Left back seems to be the manager's priority this window.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

That is a wind up merchant Twitter account, he is not an agent

If I’m wrong on that, I have no issue with that being shot down. Seems a pretty ridiculous contract to agree to have a loan with an obligation rather than an option to buy. The appearances obligation is a common clause. I hope that wasn’t another Les Reed action, if true. Fortunately, I’m not arrogant enough to not admit fault and I don’t know that I’m wrong but I had a number of people saying similar things & I thought there might have been something in it. Still, at least the club expert minions may get a chubby over that if it’s wrong. Who cares anyway, Ings is on fire this season so I’m bloody glad we have him. I’ve liked him since day one. positive comment shocker. There must be something wrong with my inherent negativity switch!! Lol

From Liverpool's statement confirming the transfer on 9th August 2018:

Danny Ings has joined Southampton in a deal that will see him loaned to the St Mary's club for 2018-19 and then move to them permanently on July 1, 2019.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/311249-danny-ings-liverpool-southampton-transfer

I'm torn about Adams. Thought he had turned the corner and Ralph has stated he doesn't want the move but if the player's head has been turned....we know how that can end. If we had an upgrade in mind, then I have no issue whatsoever (if we landed them or didn't allow a move without confirmation of an incoming striker as allegedly happened with the defender chain of events last season if Danso "was" the original target). Knowing our luck, the team have finally turned the corner and the manager will walk for being undermined. Like having the best type of owner (Markus) and then having our poor benefactor pass away unexpectedly.

However, whether we are after Bowen, Gayle or any unknown quantity we haven't seen linked, to lose Adams with the risk of injury to Ings and having merely Obafemi and Long as back up could be suicidal but I don't think even Saints would be that stupid. If Adams does go and the club are merely cashing in for the sake of revenue, then we truly are idiotic but seeing as none of us know or will be privy to this, I guess we wait to hear what comes out in the wash. Doesn't hurt speculating so try not to get a nose bleed. That's part of the transfer window fun. Best part of the football manager games!! :lol:

Maybe we were interested before the bone break and have switched to Bakker? Ill see if my Hamburg colleagues can provide any links.

Maybe we were interested before the bone break? Maybe its one for the summer?

reports listed him to be back "after the Winter break" so its possible, we've purchased crocked players before.

I work out in Hamburg quite a bit, have got to know quite a few of the local lads in the office over there. A few of them are Hamburg fans and have messaged me to say that we are interested in Josh Vagnoman. None of them can provide any firm reports etc so could be rubbish. Dont know anything about him, but he is a defender!

Hamburg is a class place to have to visit frequently!

Pongracic is a goer. Walker-Peters still an option, but we want permanent and Spurs want loan with OPTION, not obligation
Loan with an option, as long as the option is ours, is surely better for us?

Personally don't think we will get a CB as we would be left with 5 others on senior wages.

The Pongracic link is interesting, in that they're basically saying he's off this window for the right price. Granted it may not be to us, but as we're apparently interested, it's not hard to do the Maths. Yes, Stephens and Bednarek have formed a decent partnership at CB, but I'm in the "need another CB" camp in case one gets injured or suspended, especially as we will most probably lose Yoshida at the end of the season, have no faith in Vestergaard and are reluctant to play Danso in his actual position. He was at Bayern Munich until he was 15 - I believe that means he was in the same youth team as Hojbjerg? If my dates are right. Might help him settle quickly if he came.

A CB and a RB this window (especially one that can cover LB) would make it a brilliant window, but I'm not holding my breath. My worry is that as good as our form is currently with everyone performing at 8 or higher, a knock of confidence or a couple of injuries could see us slink down the table again.