Updates - players out on loan

Chewy

Saw comments on the Forster and Reed threads about how they're getting on so far and wondered whether this was a sensible thread to keep it all together? Think there was one last season.

In particular wondering if anyone can update on Tyreke Johnson so far? I see Woking are top of the National League and he's made 6 appearances so assume he's performing well, but no real idea if any detail.

Saw comments on the Forster and Reed threads about how they're getting on so far and wondered whether this was a sensible thread to keep it all together? Think there was one last season.

In particular wondering if anyone can update on Tyreke Johnson so far? I see Woking are top of the National League and he's made 6 appearances so assume he's performing well, but no real idea if any detail.

Certainly started the early games on the bench. Not seen if he’s started recently.

Certainly started the early games on the bench. Not seen if he’s started recently.

Looking at the line-ups on BBC he started on Saturday so hopefully doing well.

I also see Alfie Jones has started all 5 for Gillingham, first two at centre back, then moved into midfield. Again, no idea on performance levels though.

Jake Hesketh gone to Lincoln on loan !!! :(

That's 13 out on loan. Round it up to 15 today with Lemina & Hoedtser & I'll be happy.

@SimonPeach:#SaintsFC loan exits on the cards for Mario Lemina (Galarasaray) & Wesley Hoedt (Antwerp). Good for Ralph Hasenhuttl that players he doesn’t want are on the move - but a shame that the cost of dreadful deals made in recent years have impacted the club’s rebuild this summer
Edited by SuperSAINT

Florin Andone heading out on loan from Brighton to Galatasaray fresh from trying to nobble Yan Valery. Hope Galatasaray aren't using up their funds before their blockbuster loan deal for the legend that is Lemina.

Bein Turkey have pictures of him arriving with his entourage in Istanbul so just matter of time until announced.

Good player just needs a way of finding a way to use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So to confirm players out on loan are:

Player.................Cost to Buy........Weekly Wage...Annual Wage

Forster...................£10m.................£70k............£3.5m

Hoedt....................£15m.................£60k............£3.0m

Elyonoussi..............£15m.................£65k............£3.4m

Carillo....................£19m.................£70k............£3.5m

Lemina...................£15m.................£65k............£3.4m

Reed.......................Nil.....................£20k............£1.0m

Hesketh...................Nil.....................£10k............£0.5k

Jones......................Nil.....................£3k..............£0.15k

O'Connor.................Nil......................£2k.............£0.10k

Johnson...................Nil.....................£1k..............£0.05k

So based on these guesstimates, there are 10 players out on loan with a potential transfer write off 'value' of £74m (!!!) and with a prospective weekly wage saving of nearly £19m a year.

It would be interesting to learn how much of these wages are being underwritten by the club.

Normally there would be loan fees attached to these players but I reckon this option has been by passed by the high level of wages the players are contracted to receive.

What a terrible indictment on those involved with these transfers.

I bet the players agents must have had a field day negotiating with our management team at SMS at the time.

Tyreke Johnson was on BT Sport with Woking against Hartlepool last night in a 1-1 draw. Didn't really stand out. I also didn't realise Woking were a part-time club until it was mentioned last night, making the decision to loan him there all the stranger. Maybe he's being educated on the other side of football, as it's so easy to end up there and Hassenhuttl stated that he didn't want the younger players to think that they've made it after a few appearances? I don't know.

Tyreke Johnson was on BT Sport with Woking against Hartlepool last night in a 1-1 draw. Didn't really stand out. I also didn't realise Woking were a part-time club until it was mentioned last night, making the decision to loan him there all the stranger. Maybe he's being educated on the other side of football, as it's so easy to end up there and Hassenhuttl stated that he didn't want the younger players to think that they've made it after a few appearances? I don't know.

If they're part time, where is he training?? Back with Saints? Very odd.

Going back 3 or 4 years, he was one I thought would make a break through.

Now, maybe Sims aside, I’m not sure many of the loan players we have out on loan even have a future with us.

Part time clubs still train. Probably has some sessions back at Saints to supplement, but it's hardly a problem commuting between Southampton and Woking.

I attended a Surrey FA CPD session with Ian Dyer, Wokings assistant manager, at the end of last season and he talked about loan signings. Woking train twice a week and loan players come to those but train with their parent club at other times.

He’s done a few sessions via Surrey FA so if I can get to his next one, I’ll try to chat to him about it.

So to confirm players out on loan are:

Player.................Cost to Buy........Weekly Wage...Annual Wage

Forster...................£10m.................£70k............£3.5m

Hoedt....................£15m.................£60k............£3.0m

Elyonoussi..............£15m.................£65k............£3.4m

Carillo....................£19m.................£70k............£3.5m

Lemina...................£15m.................£65k............£3.4m

Reed.......................Nil.....................£20k............£1.0m

Hesketh...................Nil.....................£10k............£0.5k

Jones......................Nil.....................£3k..............£0.15k

O'Connor.................Nil......................£2k.............£0.10k

Johnson...................Nil.....................£1k..............£0.05k

So based on these guesstimates, there are 10 players out on loan with a potential transfer write off 'value' of £74m (!!!) and with a prospective weekly wage saving of nearly £19m a year.

It would be interesting to learn how much of these wages are being underwritten by the club.

Normally there would be loan fees attached to these players but I reckon this option has been by passed by the high level of wages the players are contracted to receive.

What a terrible indictment on those involved with these transfers.

I bet the players agents must have had a field day negotiating with our management team at SMS at the time.

Les Reed is one of the worst things to have ever happened to Saints.

People don't realise because we are still in the premier league / not bankrupt etc. But under his stewardship (end of 2014 - 2019), almost every aspect of the club nosedived.

But we don't need to go over that again.

What is important right now is that the club stabalises over a few seasons, and we establish a good young team with potential, with an academy that is once again feeding the first team.

Post Les we have made the first of those steps under Ralph. But we it to continue for a couple of seasons minimum - hopefully then with some improvements of the first team.

Glasgow/Heisenberg/Cabbage loved to go on about his momentum curve... But it absoltuley applies to us right now. We are currently (I hope) just coming out of the bottom dip!

he gets on well everywhere he plays though it seems. Would love to see him given game time at saints myself - always felt hes got it (thought the same about folly and griffit too i suppose). Feels like when we're not challenging for much having our own players coming through really gives the club a feeling about it. Hes got to find a home soon though

he gets on well everywhere he plays though it seems. Would love to see him given game time at saints myself - always felt hes got it (thought the same about folly and griffit too i suppose). Feels like when we're not challenging for much having our own players coming through really gives the club a feeling about it. Hes got to find a home soon though

Likewise, always rated him - yet unfortunately we're obssessed with the Danish Prutton and him of no-discernable-attributes other than the odd good free kick.

Alfie Jones our U23 Centre Back, converted into midfielder at Gillingham, scored and was in the Div one team of the week. CHDAJFU after Christmas.

I have always liked Alfie and although he mainly plays at centre back for us I think that he has played in midfield for us in the past. I believe that he is on a season long loan at Gillingham so would not be able to return to us until next season.

Alfie Jones our U23 Centre Back, converted into midfielder at Gillingham, scored and was in the Div one team of the week. CHDAJFU after Christmas.

I have always liked Alfie and although he mainly plays at centre back for us I think that he has played in midfield for us in the past. I believe that he is on a season long loan at Gillingham so would not be able to return to us until next season.

Alfie Jones helped Gillingham hold out for a 0-0 draw at Pompey. Got booked, good lad.

Sounds like he's doing really well. Tweet from Kris Temple earlier:

@kristemple: News for #SaintsFC fans who didn’t already know... @ALFIEJONES97 is on the way to being a very good player. @TheGillsFC standout player in a holding central midfield role at #Pompey today. Already 22 years old.