Fulham vs Saints (LC) - Match Thread

Lighthouse

We've got no ability to control the midfield. We saw that against Brighton, clear as day.

Long gone are the days of a central midfielder who can control the tempo of the game and orchestrate the midfield. We are absolutely crying out for it.

We've got no ability to control the midfield. We saw that against Brighton, clear as day.

Long gone are the days of a central midfielder who can control the tempo of the game and orchestrate the midfield. We are absolutely crying out for it.

If only the Lemina thing had worked out

Pretty much. We needed to upgrade on Romeu in the summer imo. He's a backup option at best.

You are ignoring the Liverpool game then but as you keep telling us we are a bottom 3 side so what are you expecting tic a tac footie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Liverpool performance has been seriously overrated on here. It was 40 minutes of huff and puff against a team waking themselves up.

If only the Lemina thing had worked out

Someone with a bit more oomph and pace to replace Ward-Prowse could be the key. He doesn't create much so nowadays his main role seems to be to battle in central midfield but he tends to get easily overrun and outpaced. I think we were all hoping he would turn into a real team leader but the fact is he tends to get bypassed by pacy opposition and doesn't offer much in the way of leadership. Boufal seems to be our main midfield battler tonight. Pity Ward-Prowse doesn't let him take the free-kicks as I think he'd be better at them too.

Anyway, as long as we win, it's all good.

Another injury prone player? I hope not. He has such a promising future. An Ings goal for confidence would be good, surely a decent finisher should be able to score a bundle with Boufal, Redmond, Djenepo and JWP setting them up!

The Liverpool performance has been seriously overrated on here. It was 40 minutes of huff and puff against a team waking themselves up.

You didn’t go then? Because if you did you would have seen us compete for large parts of that game.

Shame Ings huffed and didn’t puff enough but we deserved a draw against them .

I know that flies in all the negativity doom merchants face but we did well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should not be playing our best players in this competition. Worrying

Agreed. Crazy thing to do, there was no need to risk anyone . Obafemi and Long up front all day long in this tournament.