Fulham 0-1 Saints - Reaction

Lighthouse

Took a while to get going but Second half was a different story with 15 shots to 1 so a complete turnaround. Injuries especially to Redmond are a big downside, hopefully they’re both ok.
Terrible finishing by us tonight though seem really good chances wasted.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

What the heck is going on at left-back?!
Who knows what's happened with Bertrand. It's good news that Hoj filled in so well at LB tonight but the downside is JWP alongside Romeu every game if Ralph decides to switch Hoj there in the absences of Bertrand.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Who knows what's happened with Bertrand. It's good news that Hoj filled in so well at LB tonight but the downside is JWP alongside Romeu every game if Ralph decides to switch Hoj there in the absences of Bertrand

Vokins not as high up the pecking order as we thought?

A good win and another clean sheet. Into the hat for the next round :) just pray and hope injuries to Redmond and Obafemi arent too bad.
Obafemi looked ok when he walked back to the changing room at the end. Didn't see Redmond at the end though.

Redmond looked in a lot of pain, could be a bad one.

Hoj was outstanding.

Boufal was greedy but showing signs of promise. He has to be sharper in the PL though.

We weren’t great but Fulham were just bad. All possession, no end product in the first half. Run out of ideas in the second. We bossed them off the park.

First half was very ordinary but the away end were in good voice. Bloody hot though.

Second half we could and should have had four but didn’t really give them a sniff so one was enough. Ings missed a couple and Oriel missed unmarked from about six yards out in the middle of the box - after having about five seconds to think about where to hit it he blasted it straight at the keeper. Incredible miss.

Moussa was lively, Danso took no prisoners and fair play to Hoj for putting in a full shift at left back.

I love Craven Cottage but boy their fans were quiet.

Two wins. Two clean sheets. On to the next round. Another away fixture in London please.

Hope the injuries aren't too bad. Can anyone advise on how Danso, Mousa and Boufal played?
I thought Danso was very good - better than Vestergaard. Mousa and Boufal had exciting moments but lacked composure at critical moments to find a pass or decent shot. Redmond ended up a bit like that too, but overall he was excellent and easily our biggest threat. We'll miss him if he's out for any length of time.

Obafemi took his goal well and was decent, showing some strength. Hopefully he just had a knock. I thought Hojbjerg looked surprisingly at home at left back. No bombing up the wing, but solid.

Fulham started well and we struggled to get/keep the ball. They got the bar, McCarthy made a good save and they could have been in front. But they faxed, and I was encouraged that we had more energy than them at the end. To be honest, they hardly threatened in the second half and if Ings, Redmond and Long (plus a few others) hadn't wasted one-on-one clear chances we'd have run out easy winners. It really was awful finishing.

Ralph must be livid and frustrated. The pressing was brilliant, particularly when Fulham didn't learn and kept giving us the ball right in front on goal, but it's criminal that we didn't capitalise on that.

Still, a reasonably comfortable win, which should have been about 4-0, and we're through.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not the best of games but a workmanlike performance. Saints were finding their way a bit in the 1st half but had surrendered midfield so struggled to create chances. 2nd half much better, goal was well taken and and some unbelievable misses from Ings, Long and Romeo. JWP had three free kicks on the right hand side which he struggles with. When Boufel finally won a free kick on the left hand side at perfect JWP distance we all expected a 2nd goal. I even had my video out. For some inexplicable reason Boufel took it himself .... straight at the wall. JWP was absolutely fuming, that must not happen again, you don't get many chances like that.

Difficult to judge the defence as Fulham offered nothing but Dansu was very good and totally bossed everything. He can actually head a ball that is going to make a difference. Cedric was Cedric some nice touches but he gave the ball away pretty frequently and they targetted him with high balls. Twice Dansu came across to rescue him.

I though PEH did very well at LB but he doesn't get forward as he doesn't have the pace but defensively none shall pass. I thought Romeu had a quite game, he seems to get caught in possession quite often and his passes never seem to reach their intended target as they should.

The injuries meant we didn't see Armstrong who I expected to come on as he has looked very bright recently.

A win is a win and breeds confidence so onwards we go.

happy. get the wins building up.

Sounds like it was a terrible 1st half but a much better 2nd half

reckon we will give united a game at the weekend

It wasn't so much we were terrible but Fulham put a lot into the first half and played some decent football. But for once, we lasted better and they looked well beaten at the end

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Cramp according to RH not hamstring

It came immediately after a blistering run at goal that covered half the pitch so looked like cramp.

Glad we got the win, but Redmond should have scored 1, Ings 2, Maya 1 and Long 1.

Fulham's defence were terrible - Parker made several changes and the last two subs wouldn't have got served without ID at any bar.

Djenepo looked good - fast as Boufal and hungry for the ball with tricks to spare but a bit more bite.

Boufal did ok, but his main achievement seems to be winning free kicks. To be fair he's fast and has plenty of tricks so defenders do kick him.

Though Danso did well with plenty of good headers, but looked uncomfortable on the ball. I'd say he needs somebody with experience/authority alongside him.

PEH did a good job at LB, getting forward at times with Djenepo covering once or twice.

Roll on the next round, hopefully with another London game....

Really good win. 2 cleans sheets with Danso in the team. Coincidence? Shame about the injuries but good to see us improving.

Result quite ok! Danso again full-back. Seems RH wants to make Danso more familiar with British football before he uses him as a CB.

Another tricky away game with a win and a clean sheet. 2nd half it seems we should have scored at least 4.

Why does Ings run like he has a hunch? ....he never seems to get his head up when he is running like that.

Hoping the Redmond injury isn't too bad.

When I saw the respective starting 11s I thought we'd romp it 4 maybe 5 nil.

Glad to get the win, hoping it's not come at a big cost (Redders)

We would have done if we took our chances second half. Ings, Long and Romeu all guilty of missing sitters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This comment from Ralph worries me -

"I think in the first half we were a little bit lazy and not aggressive enough. The second half was much better, we pressed them earlier with more players which we talked about during the break."

We started ok but not great against Burnley, poorly against Brighton and now poorly against Fulham, against Liverpool we started well and seemed on it from minute one. Do the players believe they are better than these other teams and think they can just turn up and win half arsed?