Pompey vs Saints - Sold Out

Saint_lambden

Should the outcome we desire happen and we tonk them without getting any injuries I wonder whether they'll take out their frustrations on the Fratton Road again.. In those circumstances anybody going should be prepared to be kept in a bit.. For afternoon games eg: the Alan Knight testimonial, the long delay was acceptable as it was a nice sunny day on the open terrace and we played dodge the lumps of concrete, but the last train back to Southampton of an evening doesn't make this an option.

Hopefully they'll be so busy booing Kenny J that this scenario doesn't happen.

Edit: hadn't seen DJ's post until I refreshed..

Should the outcome we desire happen and we tonk them without getting any injuries I wonder whether they'll take out their frustrations on the Fratton Road again..
You mean Goldsmith Avenue of course. I will be very surprised not to see a school of fish ****ers floating around on Apsley Road and then Goldsmith Avenue after the game wanting to wish us all the best.

Looked at the results from Pompey this season and it’s clear they are even more ****e than last season.

Surely some of our squad players can roll this crap over?

Have a few mates down there who recon their early season form last year was down to loans, which was why they were sh*t in the 2nd half of the year when the loans returned to their clubs.

The right result will probably see Kenny Jacket sacked by all accounts.

Looked at the results from Pompey this season and it’s clear they are even more ****e than last season.

Surely some of our squad players can roll this crap over?

Saw Pompey supporting friend last night. He's not bothered getting a ticket as he can't bear to watch us thrash them. His prediction 4-0 to us. Guess they're not all deluded after all.

Let's be honest, we should roll these over comfortably, but we all know how derbys can pop up some odd results...as long as our players don't buckle under the atmosphere, the result should only go one way.

I'd expect something along the lines of the below...certainly seem to have loads of options now.

McCarthy

Valery Bednarek Yoshida Danso

JWP Hojbjerg Romeu Djenepo

Adams Boufal (Redmond if fit)

Doesn't include

Gunn, Cedric, Vestergaard, Stephens, Bertrand, Redmond, Slattery, Armstrong, Ings, Obafemi, Long....

Edited by Saint Garrett

Saw Pompey supporting friend last night. He's not bothered getting a ticket as he can't bear to watch us thrash them. His prediction 4-0 to us. Guess they're not all deluded after all.

Yeah I've spoken to a Pompey fan I work with too. He said they're as bad this year as they were when they were in L2, they lost their best two players in the summer and have just regressed. Fans and players are against Jackett apparently, feels it's only a matter of time.

It still feels like an almighty banana skin though. We obviously have enough, but it's all about attitude and application here. I reckon we'll throw a strong side out there.

It seems to be a common thing! I've spoken to a few Pompey ST holders and they aren't expecting anything other than a comprehensive win for us. They're almost resigned to a big defeat.

Yeah I've spoken to a Pompey fan I work with too. He said they're as bad this year as they were when they were in L2, they lost their best two players in the summer and have just regressed. Fans and players are against Jackett apparently, feels it's only a matter of time.

It still feels like an almighty banana skin though. We obviously have enough, but it's all about attitude and application here. I reckon we'll throw a strong side out there.

Yes agree with you there. Imperative we put a decent side out, sure RH will want to give a few other players a run-out but equally I think he knows it will not bode well for confidence if we lose. Not to mention the bragging rights locally!:lol:

If we'd played them under Hughes, Pellegrino or even Puel, I would not be confident of beating them, but now Ralph is in charge, with the improved attack we have this season, I can only see one result.

The thing is, a scrape through would still give them license to gloat. Anything but a sound thrashing and they'll still chatter away about the 4-1 for years to come. Oh for a 7-0...

Regardless of Pompey's current form, it'll be a completely different atmosphere when we play them next week.

Will definitely be an eye-opener for quite a few of our current squad! I'm not sure many of them have played a competitive game at Fratton Park before? Ings did back in his Burnley days, other than that I'm struggling? Possibly Redmond or McCarthy?

Anyway, we should have enough ability on the night to see us through.

I don’t think I could ever forgive RH if he plays a weakened team and we muck it up. Of course we shouldn’t do even with our reserves, but then this is Saints.

Must be full strength.

Fortunately the club don't think like the dins on here and have already told Ralph he needs to play a proper side as they're worried about the fall out if we lose.

Just had someone upgrade my boys ticket for Bournemouth tomorrow and the young girl behind the counter when my mate said 'Pompey sold out then' responded with yeah I know, I'm going and its my second ever away game! So, genuine fans miss out and because she works in the ticket office she can get one! I understand that it may be a perk of the job but for such a siginificant game with demand massively outweighing supply, surely that is wrong but makes you wonder how many others have been able to accquire a ticket without meeting the criteria? and yes, I am bitter about it as it never got to my 5 aways!

Just had someone upgrade my boys ticket for Bournemouth tomorrow and the young girl behind the counter when my mate said 'Pompey sold out then' responded with yeah I know, I'm going and its my second ever away game! So, genuine fans miss out and because she works in the ticket office she can get one! I understand that it may be a perk of the job but for such a siginificant game with demand massively outweighing supply, surely that is wrong but makes you wonder how many others have been able to accquire a ticket without meeting the criteria? and yes, I am bitter about it as it never got to my 5 aways!

Might explain why a few dozen tickets seemingly 'disappeared' off the radar between Monday's selling window closing and Tuesday's window opening...?

Edited by trousers

Does seem unfair, but always works that way for these big games. Becomes more about who you know and what you're prepared to pay rather than a fair allocation that suits all.

Some people are always going to miss out.

For me this is our biggest game for a longtime and I was never going to miss it. Where there is a will there is a way and I've not missed any of our big fixtures the past 20 years despite on occasions having no season ticket or membership to assist.

Becomes more about determination, desire and thinking outside the box.

It always amuses me when little clubs claim their atmosphere will frighten visiting players.

Players with experience of World Cup finals, Champions' League finals, Brazil v Argentina, Barca v Real, Boca v River Plate, Milan derbies, Old Firm games, Galatasary away etc, have all played in games down there during their Premier League blip, and locals expected those guys to be overawed and frozen with fear by a trip to the Fortress of Fat.

The limited numbers of Coventry and Burton seemed to cope with it, though it must have been lonely for them at times without many players around them, and the freedom of the pitch.

Does seem unfair, but always works that way for these big games. Becomes more about who you know and what you're prepared to pay rather than a fair allocation that suits all.

Some people are always going to miss out.

For me this is our biggest game for a longtime and I was never going to miss it. Where there is a will there is a way and I've not missed any of our big fixtures the past 20 years despite on occasions having no season ticket or membership to assist.

Becomes more about determination, desire and thinking outside the box.

Glasgow official supporters club has teamed up with the African supporters club to become a global ticket masterpiece

Hope you advised her about the Tesco meal deal?