Pompey vs Saints - Sold Out

Saint_lambden

Of course there is history between us but that's what it is now. They are a tinpot Division 3 team and we should treat them with the disdain that they deserve. The more we big it up into the most important game of the decade and so on the more it inflates their fragile sense of importance. Turn up, do the business and leave them to reminisce on any past glories that they can imagine.

Unfortunately I shall be in North Carolina at the time and on the road driving but my thoughts shall be with all of you.

Probably dont have the man power for a bubble midweek ......gonna be carnage though , how many tickets we getting ?
I was told 2ooo but not sure. I do hope there are not many fans taking their young kids as it will be frightening for them as both sets of fans will be pumped

Yeah sadly that's true, a lot of the old school will be left out and honestly i'd rather have them (and plenty of the folk who are members now) there than the weird lot that do Saints Away travel, with their replica kits and cuddly toys.

It just f*cking baffles me when people say "they're in a lower league so it's hollow", i mean Steve Moran's winner in '84 is probably the second most iconic moment in the history of this club, behind only Bobby Stokes, the Milton end full of scummers going mental, the Bedford vans from Southampton, the fake tickets printed for the Fratton end, Armstrong (on the wrong foot) to Moran (on the wrong foot), skates singing scummers here we come and the surge to the fence when it went in.

Those things are folklore, same as the trip there for Alan Knights testimonial in 94. It doesn't matter if it's league, it doesn't matter if it's cup, it doesn't matter if it's a f*cking testimonial or youth game, these games are different, at theirs is different.

In a world where football is sanitised and a corporate event, with some pantomime from the crowd, this is one of the few visceral and vicious derbies left in the country.

I know a lot of folk who don't support either club who'd give their right nut to have something like we do, to have the hatred we have, and lets be honest, to play it so seldom that every single f*cking game matters.

If you go abroad folk know two things about Saints, Matt Le Tiss and the derby against the skates.

So f*ck playing this down, f*ck being nice, f*ck hoping it's played in "the right manner", lets get into those dirty skate bast*rds, lets let them know we f*cking hate them as much as they hate us, let's let the world know we're not some mickey mouse noddy side, lets let the players and club know they CANNOT lose this.

This game isn't for sky, this game isn't for out of towners, overseas fans or plastics, this game is for each and every mush and it's about pride, pride in Southampton and shoving it down the throats of those inbred c*nts at the other end of the M27

(and yeah i'm a little up for this if you haven't noticed!)

Exactly this. It's the biggest game of the season bar none.

We've had **** all to celebrate in recent years, I for one am going to enjoy it, but I'll only enjoy if we win. Who cares what division they're in, I want to beat them, end of story.

Losing to them in 2010 still hurt, even if they were two divisions above, and it'll pain them when we go there and win too.

I've got mixed feelings. Sure, it matters hugely that we beat them convincingly. But I'd have been happy not to have been playing them as we've got everything to lose, they've got everything to gain.

I'll probably go, but for the excitement of a local derby, not to be involved in moronic tribalism.

Haven't been to FP for 50 years. Be interested to see how much it's deteriorating.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Watching the Old Firm Derby on Sunday I was struck by a curious notion, that i would have liked Forster in goal for this match. He’s one of only a few players that I don’t think would bottle it at Fatpipes, and the mutants in the Fratton end are a bunch of choirboys compared to what he’s played in front of.

Yeah sadly that's true, a lot of the old school will be left out and honestly i'd rather have them (and plenty of the folk who are members now) there than the weird lot that do Saints Away travel, with their replica kits and cuddly toys.

It just f*cking baffles me when people say "they're in a lower league so it's hollow", i mean Steve Moran's winner in '84 is probably the second most iconic moment in the history of this club, behind only Bobby Stokes, the Milton end full of scummers going mental, the Bedford vans from Southampton, the fake tickets printed for the Fratton end, Armstrong (on the wrong foot) to Moran (on the wrong foot), skates singing scummers here we come and the surge to the fence when it went in.

Those things are folklore, same as the trip there for Alan Knights testimonial in 94. It doesn't matter if it's league, it doesn't matter if it's cup, it doesn't matter if it's a f*cking testimonial or youth game, these games are different, at theirs is different.

In a world where football is sanitised and a corporate event, with some pantomime from the crowd, this is one of the few visceral and vicious derbies left in the country.

I know a lot of folk who don't support either club who'd give their right nut to have something like we do, to have the hatred we have, and lets be honest, to play it so seldom that every single f*cking game matters.

If you go abroad folk know two things about Saints, Matt Le Tiss and the derby against the skates.

So f*ck playing this down, f*ck being nice, f*ck hoping it's played in "the right manner", lets get into those dirty skate bast*rds, lets let them know we f*cking hate them as much as they hate us, let's let the world know we're not some mickey mouse noddy side, lets let the players and club know they CANNOT lose this.

This game isn't for sky, this game isn't for out of towners, overseas fans or plastics, this game is for each and every mush and it's about pride, pride in Southampton and shoving it down the throats of those inbred c*nts at the other end of the M27

Great post, spot on!

I really don't understand the posts on here trying to play it down, it's bizarre.

When I heard who we had been drawn against I got such a rush of adrenaline and been buzzing ever since, nothing is better than beating that lot to the east. Who cares what division they're in ffs!

Watching the Old Firm Derby on Sunday I was struck by a curious notion, that i would have liked Forster in goal for this match. He’s one of only a few players that I don’t think would bottle it at Fatpipes, and the mutants in the Fratton end are a bunch of choirboys compared to what he’s played in front of.

:lol: terrible keeper, no thanks

I just can’t see them not having a bubble. Yes it would have an impact on midweek transport with the rolling roadblock, but that is insignificant to the nightmare of trying to control people outside of a bubble.

40/50 coaches will shut each road it passes for a few minutes. M27 will run as normal. They’ll probably make the coaches leave a fair bit earlier than last time but that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can’t see them not having a bubble. Yes it would have an impact on midweek transport with the rolling roadblock, but that is insignificant to the nightmare of trying to control people outside of a bubble.

40/50 coaches will shut each road it passes for a few minutes. M27 will run as normal. They’ll probably make the coaches leave a fair bit earlier than last time but that’s about it.

There is no bubble.

That might work if there weren’t 18,000 Pomps fans also travelling to the ground at around rush-hour on a weeknight.

Saintsfccop on twitter:

Appreciate everyone is waiting for some updates about the real South Coast Derby. We are still working with both clubs and are hoping to make an announcement later this week. Will be also be meeting with fan groups this weekend to discuss their thoughts for this fixture #SaintsFC

Skates have already announced ticket prices so our criteria can't be too far behind.

Saints and the police need to pull their fingers out and get on with making a decision. They’ve got people from the poxy Saints Voice or whatever their called meeting the OB and advising whether there should be a bubble etc.

Just ****ing announce coaches for those that want it and trains for those that want it, police them properly and get on with it.

Saints and the police need to pull their fingers out and get on with making a decision. They’ve got people from the poxy Saints Voice or whatever their called meeting the OB and advising whether there should be a bubble etc.

Just ****ing announce coaches for those that want it and trains for those that want it, police them properly and get on with it.

Not really sure what's so hard? Put on the coaches for those that want to travel on coaches, leave the trains for those that want to go by train. What worries me is those Saints Voice muppets will push for a bubble as they don't represent normal fans, they represent people that use Saints Away travel.

I'll be seriously p*ssed off if they ruin this game by pushing for a bubble for their own fans when a hell of a lot of us don't want it.

Not really sure what's so hard? Put on the coaches for those that want to travel on coaches, leave the trains for those that want to go by train. What worries me is those Saints Voice muppets will push for a bubble as they don't represent normal fans, they represent people that use Saints Away travel.

I'll be seriously p*ssed off if they ruin this game by pushing for a bubble for their own fans when a hell of a lot of us don't want it.

Is Mike Allott still on the saints voice panel? We're in safe hands with him.

Thinking of heading back to Southampton to watch this. Cant bear to watch on my own and nobody in Kent will care. Any recommendations for pubs?

Thinking the same. Provided the tickets inevitably don't reach regular ST holders, I'm looking to come down and watch in the pub in Southampton with a couple others. Any recommendations for quite a large place with a big screen would be appreciated here also!

Thinking the same. Provided the tickets inevitably don't reach regular ST holders, I'm looking to come down and watch in the pub in Southampton with a couple others. Any recommendations for quite a large place with a big screen would be appreciated here also!

Not sure why you'd think that? You'd be surprised how often they drop that low due to the bingo bus lot being scared to travel and people (understandably) not wanting their kids to go.

I've done every one there since Alan Knight's testimonial and if memory serves nearly every one has made it down to season ticket holders.

Thinking of heading back to Southampton to watch this. Cant bear to watch on my own and nobody in Kent will care. Any recommendations for pubs?

London Road Brew House - good beers, big spacious lots of seats with 2 floors and screens (think they still have big screen downstairs with lots of standing room). Also nice wood fired pizzas!

Yates - normally I avoid as away fans pub, but think popular for sporting events and spacious, probably good pick

Bedfords - good Saints pub, quite small pub though so not very roomy but good atmosphere for saints games

The Spitfire - normally busy on match days, fair few screens and seating / standing room. quick at serving beer even when busy which good.

The Scholars Arms - big spacious pub lots of standing room, big screen and other smaller screens. can be bit slow at serving mind when busy. This will probably be my pick though if i cant get a ticket.

Not sure why you'd think that? You'd be surprised how often they drop that low due to the bingo bus lot being scared to travel and people (understandably) not wanting their kids to go.

I've done every one there since Alan Knight's testimonial and if memory serves nearly every one has made it down to season ticket holders.

The last game made it down to members!

Just trying to not get my hopes up too much!

This is a facking cracking post. Seeing others wound up and pumped for this like we should be makes me even more gutted I can’t make it.

I've got mixed feelings. Sure, it matters hugely that we beat them convincingly. But I'd have been happy not to have been playing them as we've got everything to lose, they've got everything to gain.

I'll probably go, but for the excitement of a local derby, not to be involved in moronic tribalism.

Haven't been to FP for 50 years. Be interested to see how much it's deteriorating.

I don't get this "they've got nothing to lose" angle I must say. For a good number of years they've been able to say they've beaten us more recently than we've beaten them - that's a pretty huge thing to lose imo.

I don't get this "they've got nothing to lose" angle I must say. For a good number of years they've been able to say they've beaten us more recently than we've beaten them - that's a pretty huge thing to lose imo.

They lose, they've got the "Well, only to be expected when they're two divisions above us with loads of money" But they can still insist we were lucky, didn't play well etc.

If we don't win, we've got no excuses.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It would appear we are releasing the information via carrier pigeon.

I might be a cynic but i fear the club and the police are colluding to drag this out to reduce the possible selling period in an attempt to limit the numbers travelling.

Apparently some regular away followers received an email asking if they want to attend the consultation with the police in Hamble on Saturday, just get on with it!

London Road Brew House - good beers, big spacious lots of seats with 2 floors and screens (think they still have big screen downstairs with lots of standing room). Also nice wood fired pizzas!

Yates - normally I avoid as away fans pub, but think popular for sporting events and spacious, probably good pick

Bedfords - good Saints pub, quite small pub though so not very roomy but good atmosphere for saints games

The Spitfire - normally busy on match days, fair few screens and seating / standing room. quick at serving beer even when busy which good.

The Scholars Arms - big spacious pub lots of standing room, big screen and other smaller screens. can be bit slow at serving mind when busy. This will probably be my pick though if i cant get a ticket.

Yates will probably be a good atmosphere. Shame that Sharkys place isn’t open yet. Scholars Arms would be decent. As would 5 Rivers.

Never rated London Road Brewhouse for sport. Small TVs in awkward places and they don’t put the volume on most of the time.

Get the feeling the club might open their new fan zone area to watch it in.

Yates will probably be a good atmosphere. Shame that Sharkys place isn’t open yet. Scholars Arms would be decent. As would 5 Rivers.

Never rated London Road Brewhouse for sport. Small TVs in awkward places and they don’t put the volume on most of the time.

Get the feeling the club might open their new fan zone area to watch it in.

the amount of shirters that would be in there :lol: