Pompey vs Saints - Sold Out

Saint_lambden

Nobody from this forum should attend IMHO

People on here get super hurt by me calling Les a chump or me announcing our transfer policy has been a bit **** these last few years

You have peeps on here practically crying when Batman suggests Ralph isn't Bayern bound in the summer

+ nearly 1,000 posts moved or deleted to protect posters that can't handle the truth (few good men style)

What will happen when nasty portsmouth boys says nasty things about saints?

No doubt you'll be quick, as usual, to call out, and blame all the travelling fans if it does go wrong. You going?

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

People on here get super hurt by me calling Les a chump or me announcing our transfer policy has been a bit **** these last few years

You have peeps on here practically crying when Batman suggests Ralph isn't Bayern bound in the summer

+ nearly 1,000 posts moved or deleted to protect posters that can't handle the truth (few good men style)

One thing for sure is that if you attended and gobbbed off like you do on here someone would smack you one,

But you won't as your life is all about trolling on the internet, you aren't a fan

:-)

"Don't get the excitement"? You've been to the derby games right? The atmosphere is on a completely different level to all other games.

This is the biggest game we play. win this game and its been a ****ing great season.

With due respect we haven't even been in the same league as Portsmouth for 81 years out of the last 92. In recent times since England won the world cup we have only been in the same league for 6 years. This so called rivalry has little to do with the teams playing each other more to do with the hype generated by some of the fans and the media. In the last hundred years we have only lost 9 matches out of 38.

Again with due respect a great season is finishing high in the Premier League not beating a third rate middle table division one side in a meaningless cup that we use to give games to squad members.

Since 1960 I've been to a fair few of the 27 games versus Portsmouth mostly when we were in the same league like winning 5-2 at Fratton in our promotion year,including most won by us including the 1984 cup win. I'll watch it on TV.

I'll be there. Stock photos of the Portmouth IBIS to follow in due course.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] Brilliant, I'll be checking them for authenticity. Just so as you know.....!

With due respect we haven't even been in the same league as Portsmouth for 81 years out of the last 92. In recent times since England won the world cup we have only been in the same league for 6 years. This so called rivalry has little to do with the teams playing each other more to do with the hype generated by some of the fans and the media. In the last hundred years we have only lost 9 matches out of 38.

Again with due respect a great season is finishing high in the Premier League not beating a third rate middle table division one side in a meaningless cup that we use to give games to squad members.

Since 1960 I've been to a fair few of the 27 games versus Portsmouth mostly when we were in the same league like winning 5-2 at Fratton in our promotion year,including most won by us including the 1984 cup win. I'll watch it on TV.

Fair play.

Hehehe! As much as I am up for this derby game, you have given your previous post great added perspective and put your detractors comfortably to bed with a great post!

Edited by Ohio Saint

I think they needed to emphasise that Portsmouth is the destitute sh1thole and they are envious and hate our opulence as wasn’t clear.

Edited by whelk

You just don’t get it, fair enough, but don’t try reasoning that because it is rare it isn’t valid.

Barcelona v Real Madrid at number 2????

And whilst I was surprised to see Saints v Pompey ahead of Ajax v Feyenoord or even Arsenal v Spurs, I would put the south coast derby as a more aggressive occasion than Liverpool v Man Utd, which occurs with such frequency, it cannot matter as much.

Indeed. The fact that it's rare actually makes it even more special. I don't get derry's argument at all.

me neither. We are often in a different league. So what? The games are huge and the atmosphere on a different level to the other games we play.The 'edge' these occasions have are something you just don't get in run of the mill league or cup games. It hurts like no other when you lose and the joy of winning lasts a long long time. If you don't appreciate how special these games are then I have to wonder what it is you are hoping to get from watching football. Each to their own I suppose. I've been to 12 derbies and they have all been supercharged affairs. You cant say that about many games these days.

The only derbies that come above or alongside ours in the UK are Celtic/Rangers, West Ham/Millwall, Villa/Birmingham. I know everyone thinks their derby is the best but none of the other ‘big ones’ come anywhere close to ours, Spurs v Arsenal is a tea party compared to this, United v Liverpool is only a big derby for Sky these days, nothing else comes close. We better ****ing win comfortably.

The only derbies that come above or alongside ours in the UK are Celtic/Rangers, West Ham/Millwall, Villa/Birmingham. I know everyone thinks their derby is the best but none of the other ‘big ones’ come anywhere close to ours, Spurs v Arsenal is a tea party compared to this, United v Liverpool is only a big derby for Sky these days, nothing else comes close. We better ****ing win comfortably.

Is anything ever comfortable with SFC?

Ours is one which is rarely played and so more similar to Stoke v Port Vale

https://news.sky.com/story/eleven-arrests-after-despicable-violence-at-rare-stoke-vs-port-vale-derby-match-11571967

I listened to the Saints podcast and it was interesting to hear Adam Leitch rightly say that the fans really excited by this tie are the ones ho wont be going. I think the last time we played an evening game there, we won and their fans smashed up their own city, lol

I listened to the Saints podcast and it was interesting to hear Adam Leitch rightly say that the fans really excited by this tie are the ones ho wont be going. I think the last time we played an evening game there, we won and their fans smashed up their own city, lol

What does that even mean? Aside from a few very, very strange posters on here i'd imagine every single Saints fan is absolutely f*cking buzzing about this, it's literally the only game we should ever want in the cup and if he thinks those of us that will be there won't be excited then he's just plain wrong.

What does that even mean? Aside from a few very, very strange posters on here i'd imagine every single Saints fan is absolutely f*cking buzzing about this, it's literally the only game we should ever want in the cup and if he thinks those of us that will be there won't be excited then he's just plain wrong.

I wanted it to a certain extent, but it's a bit of a no-win situation for us.

We beat them, as expected, and it's no surprise...we lose and it's absolutely horrific for us. I can see why some fans wouldn't want the tie, especially if it means they can't go because of the travel restrictions assuming they have some.

I wanted it to a certain extent, but it's a bit of a no-win situation for us.

We beat them, as expected, and it's no surprise...we lose and it's absolutely horrific for us. I can see why some fans wouldn't want the tie, especially if it means they can't go because of the travel restrictions assuming they have some.

B*llocks is it a no win, it's an everything win, beating them at their sh*thole is absolutely EVERYTHING. Who cares what division they're in, we didn't care in 84, we didn't care in 96 and we shouldn't care now. Beating them is all the matters and this game is the only game that matters this season.

As for the folk that can't go, i understand that but we haven't won there since '84, we need to change that, plus watching those c*nts suffer in their own ground is an opportunity that's too f*cking good to be true.

I hope we absolutely smash them, 4 goals or more would be great, even better if they start leaving early, cry on tv or smash up their own town.

Don't forget for the most part Southampton is a nothing club to many fans (as are the Skates), but this game the whole of English football has it's eyes on us. It's probably the only time the majority of fans care, so we want to put on a proper show, both on and off the pitch, as we're being judged (and when i saw we i mean us specifically as fans, each and every one of YOU who goes).

Plus they hate us, as in they really f*cking hate us, they'd happily do us real physical harm if they could get away with. It's pure f*cking poison and that should make you want this even more, and make you want to win it even more.

There's no "no win" here, it's the exact opposite, winning is f*cking everything, losing isn't even an option.

Probably alluding to a large section of old school support who may well not qualify for tickets.

B*llocks is it a no win, it's an everything win, beating them at their sh*thole is absolutely EVERYTHING. Who cares what division they're in, we didn't care in 84, we didn't care in 96 and we shouldn't care now. Beating them is all the matters and this game is the only game that matters this season.

As for the folk that can't go, i understand that but we haven't won there since '84, we need to change that, plus watching those c*nts suffer in their own ground is an opportunity that's too f*cking good to be true.

I hope we absolutely smash them, 4 goals or more would be great, even better if they start leaving early, cry on tv or smash up their own town.

Don't forget for the most part Southampton is a nothing club to many fans (as are the Skates), but this game the whole of English football has it's eyes on us. It's probably the only time the majority of fans care, so we want to put on a proper show, both on and off the pitch, as we're being judged (and when i saw we i mean us specifically as fans, each and every one of YOU who goes).

Plus they hate us, as in they really f*cking hate us, they'd happily do us real physical harm if they could get away with. It's pure f*cking poison and that should make you want this even more, and make you want to win it even more.

There's no "no win" here, it's the exact opposite, winning is f*cking everything, losing isn't even an option.

Spot on.

We’ve got a lot of weirdos that follow Saints. Must be out of towners or the Prem only fans that just don’t get the rivalry.

It’s much more than football, but football is the biggest occasion the two cities get to meet and as it’s a rare occasion bar the two seasons we had them in the cup too and played them 6 times, every game is fcking massive and will be talked about until we next get to play them.

You couldn’t have summed it up any better.

This means everything.

Probably alluding to a large section of old school support who may well not qualify for tickets.

Yeah sadly that's true, a lot of the old school will be left out and honestly i'd rather have them (and plenty of the folk who are members now) there than the weird lot that do Saints Away travel, with their replica kits and cuddly toys.

You couldn’t have summed it up any better.

This means everything.

Spot on.

We’ve got a lot of weirdos that follow Saints. Must be out of towners or the Prem only fans that just don’t get the rivalry.

It’s much more than football, but football is the biggest occasion the two cities get to meet and as it’s a rare occasion bar the two seasons we had them in the cup too and played them 6 times, every game is fcking massive and will be talked about until we next get to play them.

It just f*cking baffles me when people say "they're in a lower league so it's hollow", i mean Steve Moran's winner in '84 is probably the second most iconic moment in the history of this club, behind only Bobby Stokes, the Milton end full of scummers going mental, the Bedford vans from Southampton, the fake tickets printed for the Fratton end, Armstrong (on the wrong foot) to Moran (on the wrong foot), skates singing scummers here we come and the surge to the fence when it went in.

Those things are folklore, same as the trip there for Alan Knights testimonial in 94. It doesn't matter if it's league, it doesn't matter if it's cup, it doesn't matter if it's a f*cking testimonial or youth game, these games are different, at theirs is different.

In a world where football is sanitised and a corporate event, with some pantomime from the crowd, this is one of the few visceral and vicious derbies left in the country.

I know a lot of folk who don't support either club who'd give their right nut to have something like we do, to have the hatred we have, and lets be honest, to play it so seldom that every single f*cking game matters.

If you go abroad folk know two things about Saints, Matt Le Tiss and the derby against the skates.

So f*ck playing this down, f*ck being nice, f*ck hoping it's played in "the right manner", lets get into those dirty skate bast*rds, lets let them know we f*cking hate them as much as they hate us, let's let the world know we're not some mickey mouse noddy side, lets let the players and club know they CANNOT lose this.

This game isn't for sky, this game isn't for out of towners, overseas fans or plastics, this game is for each and every mush and it's about pride, pride in Southampton and shoving it down the throats of those inbred c*nts at the other end of the M27

(and yeah i'm a little up for this if you haven't noticed!)

There's some top quality posts on this thread.

If anyone is under the illusion that this isn't an important game or that beating a team 2 divisions below doesn't matter then I feel sorry for them because they'll never get it.

I've been thinking about this game a hell of a lot since the draw was made. Bring it on.

Wow, you are such a better fan that you wont to beat a League 1 team more than anything else. I couldn't give a flying f@@@ if we ever played them ever again. We have nothing to gain apart from the billy big boots bragging, whoopee, they have everything to gain. I dont believe our team have the balls to take the game to them, and like all derbies how good you are mean nothing on the day, they will raise their game and we could well wither. When they were struggling in the PL we went there and them beating us 1-0 gave the whole of their dump was given a lift and was the flux to help them stay up, we dont want something to like that to happen again.

I was there in the Pompey crowd at Fratton in 74 on our first competitive match with them for years ( no segregation that day) and singing OWTS was perhaps a tad foolish but I was naïve. 84 probably dwarfs 76 for the life experience.

PS I was born in Southampton and proud to be so, and at a game with them am as passionate as most but looking at the big picture we have it all to lose, and whilst as you say losing is not an option it is a good possibility.

I assume you are going???

Wow, you are such a better fan that you wont to beat a League 1 team more than anything else. I couldn't give a flying f@@@ if we ever played them ever again. We have nothing to gain apart from the billy big boots bragging, whoopee, they have everything to gain. I dont believe our team have the balls to take the game to them, and like all derbies how good you are mean nothing on the day, they will raise their game and we could well wither. When they were struggling in the PL we went there and them beating us 1-0 gave the whole of their dump was given a lift and was the flux to help them stay up, we dont want something to like that to happen again.

I was there in the Pompey crowd at Fratton in 74 on our first competitive match with them for years ( no segregation that day) and singing OWTS was perhaps a tad foolish but I was naïve. 84 probably dwarfs 76 for the life experience.

PS I was born in Southampton and proud to be so, and at a game with them am as passionate as most but looking at the big picture we have it all to lose, and whilst as you say losing is not an option it is a good possibility.

I assume you are going???

My first away was at Krap Nottarf in 67 a 5-2 win Dean hatrick for us.

I agree not sure we have a team that has the balls for the first 20 minutes there.

Leagues don’t matter when it comes to cups.

Of course it’s win at all costs I work with loads of them and on paper we should win but on that ****h0le of a stadium with those multi fingered web toed freaks it won’t be that easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron