Pompey vs Saints - Sold Out

Saint_lambden

Not a chance I’d even consider taking my Mrs to this, not that she would ever go to a game anyway. Some people underestimate or just don’t understand how utterly vile those ****s are. I absolutely cannot wait!

We're not talking about people dragging along their Mrs for a day out, we're talking about genuinely committed and passionate Saints fans who just so happen to be women.

As I said above, the only criteria I care about for whether you should or shouldn't go is whether you're going to make as much noise as possible. If you aren't interested in chanting and trying to drown out the Skates, then don't go.

Brilliant, if I can't manage to blag a ticket somehow i'll be the only Saints fan in the pub going mental! Buzzing for it.

Yep, I could well be in my usual football-watching local pub in the PO10 area. The regulars will be fine but it's possible there could be a few occasionals, and it only takes one idiot..

If I can get a ticket as a ST holder I probably would, but not if it means the only way to get there is a bloomin' train from Southampton.

What do people think the cut off point will be for a ticket? ST+8 aways?

Doubt it re 8+ (and I hope not), last time I managed to get one with a few aways if I recall (and this being a week night as opposed to weekend may be a bit harder for people travel / work wise).

I'm desperate to go, is all is going to be on my mind up till the game now. Anybody playing down the importance of this game has no idea, this game means absolutely everything.

We've beaten Brighton at their own place, now let's do the Cherries and the Skates, and remind em all we are King of the South!

Doubt it re 8+ (and I hope not), last time I managed to get one with a few aways if I recall (and this being a week night as opposed to weekend may be a bit harder for people travel / work wise).

I'm desperate to go, is all is going to be on my mind up till the game now. Anybody playing down the importance of this game has no idea, this game means absolutely everything.

We've beaten Brighton at their own place, now let's do the Cherries and the Skates, and remind em all we are King of the South!

Can't imagine it'll be any less than 6.

Love Naples and Napoli (not just because the best TV show since the Sopranos is Gomorrah). Back in '08 (around the time of the original video Turkish posted) a few Saints mates (most of which post/ have posted on here - morning chaps) and myself went over to watch Napoli vs Lazio. Bonkers. Lazio fans were banned due to Napoli fans rioting in Rome in the previous fixture. still utterly mental over there. As soon as we got out the Sao Paulo station a geezer in a "Headhunter" baseball cap asked if we were Tottenham and fancied it. When we replied "we're Saints Mush" that threw him and he mumbled something about Le Tissier and left us to it. Huge tifos directed at the local government for not paying the Camorra enough to make them clean the rubbish from the streets and then later from Curva A to say they'd had a whip round to pay the fine for the crime committed by the lads from Curva B at AC Milan away (€10k I think?) and they should thank them for it. No one seemed to pay to get in the Curvas. No women. No kids. Just fellas from 14 - 60 in all looking smart AF in decent gear. Not a replica shirt in sight in any of the 4 stands. Air bombs, flares, showers of bottles thrown onto the tracks whenever a player missed a half decent chance and just a general moodiness I'll never forget. And Lavezzi. Wow! What a number 7! Maginificant player. Since then Napoli have been "my team" in Italy (despite the Roma/ Palermo alliances Saints fans have built up since then ;))

5jR3rBd

Few points re the derby.

Sorry but the points above are totally true. This is not a game for the faint hearted. Like it or not the atmosphere will make a difference! This is no place for women or kids. Shirters that film themselves for YouTube channels can stay home too. If you're gonna go hood up, wear black, don't grass, give it everything you have to get behind the lads and be as nasty and vicious as you can for any skate (fan or player) that gets close to you. Be aware they will do exactly that to you/ us/ our players if they get have a chance.

I should add that it is a fact that the skates bottle it against us when it is not tilted in their favour. Just look at how pathetic their support has been at EVERY game down here I can remember (first one the 3-0 drubbing in '96). They freeze. They grow up on the myths of their lying dad's and uncle's telling them how scared the scummers are of them etc etc and it destroys them every time/ generation that they see the whites of our eyes. They can't handle the myth being destroyed in front of them and they melt. EVERY time. Make sure this time is no different.

On the pitch my opinion is the same now as it was in '96. If both teams play to the best of their ability we win 3-0. Let's do our bit off the pitch eh.

Up the ****ing Saints!

Great post. Them thinking they turn up every time is the biggest Portsmyth of them all.

Bigger bottlers known to man.

Yep. He clearly meant it as in the old ‘we’re focusing on the games before it’ - exactly the same as what Jackett said.

Still, let them believe we’re all here ****ting ourselves. Problem is, you get this sort of propaganda from the minnows when the big boys are in town.

‘Professional players think differently. They are really focused on what is happening today and what they have to do for the next game.’

I.e. they’re not w*nking over it in excitement like lower league players who have just drawn a big Premier League club.

‘Professional players think differently. They are really focused on what is happening today and what they have to do for the next game.’

I.e. they’re not w*nking over it in excitement like lower league players who have just drawn a big Premier League club.

Exactly. Today and tomorrow, the ManU game is all that matters. Then until 20th Sept, the Bournemouth game. Then we can concentrate on thrashing the Skates.

On the other hand, hopefully the excitement of playing a real club soon will finish off their already pathetic league form.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I would feel better about this if we had a decent side but unfortunately we have a squad that does not exactly make you drip confidence. I should imagine that the fish fiddlers will be more up for it than us.

Our squad may not be brilliant, but surely has enough about it to ensure that, with a degree of concentration and desire, we f*cking send 'em back to their rotting boathouses with their four tails between their legs.

Our squad may not be brilliant, but surely has enough about it to ensure that, with a degree of concentration and desire, we f*cking send 'em back to their rotting boathouses with their four tails between their legs.

I think the penny might have dropped with the team by the time the game rolls round that this is the game you do not lose.

Come on people...we are ****e in all departments.

The league we will struggle.

This game we will struggle.

Can you really see the like of some of our squad being at it,like theirs will be?

Rabbits in headlights is all we will be.

I would love nothing more for us to totally destroy them.....

But **** me we are atrocious

It’s scary how they will rip us a new one

I don’t trust our players to put in a shift at all.

They will bottle it.

It’s not like the days of Boyer,Channon,Williams,Moran and Holmes.

It’s ****ing ****e now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you really see the like of some of our squad being at it,like theirs will be?

They will bottle it.

It’s ****ing ****e now.

^^^^^ Skate.

They will bottle it.

It’s ****ing ****e now.

Get a f*cking grip mate. I sincerely hope you won't be attending!

They will bottle it.

It’s ****ing ****e now.

At least Adkins isn't our manager, eh?

They will bottle it.

It’s ****ing ****e now.

Took me three reads of this and trying various famous tunes to realize that it wasn’t a new song he’d come up with.

They will bottle it.

It’s ****ing ****e now.

Shut up you drip. Don’t you dare turn up at Fratton.

They will bottle it.

It’s ****ing ****e now.

Go and film a vlog.

They will bottle it.

It’s ****ing ****e now.

Fatboy got a bite. Eat some more crisps

I remember last time we played there I had a middle class couple behind me who asked us to sit down. Mental. There will be no sitting down (as with most away games).

So unless you plan on standing and roaring your lungs out, don’t buy a ticket. This is not the game for you. Vocal supporters only.

What do people think the cut off point will be for a ticket? ST+8 aways?

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a bubble game. The previous two games were. We'll get the whole of the Milton end, probably with the end sections kept empty, a shed load of the usual away fans will give it a wide berth and its live on SKY TV. Because of that I think it might even go to general sale (registered on the db of course).

I really don't get the excitement playing a pretty average division one team...Winning in itself won't really mean anything, so what, we beat a mid table division one side, last round we beat a mid table Championship team.

"Don't get the excitement"? You've been to the derby games right? The atmosphere is on a completely different level to all other games.

This is the biggest game we play. win this game and its been a ****ing great season.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a bubble game. The previous two games were. We'll get the whole of the Milton end, probably with the end sections kept empty, a shed load of the usual away fans will give it a wide berth and its live on SKY TV. Because of that I think it might even go to general sale (registered on the db of course).

Absolutely no chance it'll go below 5 aways

Depending on the allocation, I think it may well go to members due to:-

- Spurs away a few days after

- being on SKY

- people not being arsed with the bubble

- people simply being scared off going (possibly the biggest factor actually)

- if it’s Photo ID on the coaches that will stop a lot of ST holders buying tickets for their friends, as happens for a lot of games generally

That’s my hope anyway. I’m desperate to go to the game.

Nobody from this forum should attend IMHO

People on here get super hurt by me calling Les a chump or me announcing our transfer policy has been a bit **** these last few years

You have peeps on here practically crying when Batman suggests Ralph isn't Bayern bound in the summer

+ nearly 1,000 posts moved or deleted to protect posters that can't handle the truth (few good men style)

What will happen when nasty portsmouth boys says nasty things about saints?

No, we're just all fed up with your repetitive,wind up straw man arguments.

Some of the posts on this thread are primary school level.

Anyway, I'll try to get a ticket, but won't bother if I have to go all the way to Soton for the bubble; from where I live it would be quicker to cycle.

Nobody from this forum should attend IMHO

People on here get super hurt by me calling Les a chump or me announcing our transfer policy has been a bit **** these last few years

You have peeps on here practically crying when Batman suggests Ralph isn't Bayern bound in the summer

+ nearly 1,000 posts moved or deleted to protect posters that can't handle the truth (few good men style)

What will happen when nasty portsmouth boys says nasty things about saints?

You are being really provocative now. You are losing your touch ? Are you getting that desperate for bites?

As you dislike this forum so much why not leave us ???