Pompey vs Saints - Sold Out

Saint_lambden

They lose, they've got the "Well, only to be expected when they're two divisions above us with loads of money" But they can still insist we were lucky, didn't play well etc.

If we don't win, we've got no excuses.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't recall any Skates listening to excuses when they beat us 1-4 in the cup game. It's not our problem they are two leagues below. There are no excuses for either side. Winner takes all and it better be us. Biggest game of the year and everyone at the club needs to consider it in that light.

I don't recall any Skates listening to excuses when they beat us 1-4 in the cup game. It's not our problem they are two leagues below. There are no excuses for either side. Winner takes all and it better be us. Biggest game of the year and everyone at the club needs to consider it in that light.

Biggest game in 7 years IMO.

I might be a cynic but i fear the club and the police are colluding to drag this out to reduce the possible selling period in an attempt to limit the numbers travelling.

Apparently some regular away followers received an email asking if they want to attend the consultation with the police in Hamble on Saturday, just get on with it!

+1.

I think Swansea away 18 months ago was pretty immense in the grand scheme of things.

We certainly wouldn’t have Ralph here now if we had lost that game.

Of course that game was bigger, along with the Cup final, and probably the Anfield semi final as well.

You mean other Saints fans, yes?

Imagine lacking that much self confidence that you concern yourself with what other people choose to wear. :? SKD and saint97, you are enough. You are strong. You are beautiful. You are worth it. Smile and know that somebody loves you.

Edited by niceandfriendly

I don't recall any Skates listening to excuses when they beat us 1-4 in the cup game.

That may be something to do with them not being as intellectual as your average Saints fan... I'm not sure what lowering ourselves to their level of intellect achieves...?

They lose, they've got the "Well, only to be expected when they're two divisions above us with loads of money" But they can still insist we were lucky, didn't play well etc.

If we don't win, we've got no excuses.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes, I understand that you could make an argument that we have MORE to lose than them, my point is that them having NOTHING to lose is nonsense.

London Road Brew House - good beers, big spacious lots of seats with 2 floors and screens (think they still have big screen downstairs with lots of standing room). Also nice wood fired pizzas!

Yates - normally I avoid as away fans pub, but think popular for sporting events and spacious, probably good pick

Bedfords - good Saints pub, quite small pub though so not very roomy but good atmosphere for saints games

The Spitfire - normally busy on match days, fair few screens and seating / standing room. quick at serving beer even when busy which good.

The Scholars Arms - big spacious pub lots of standing room, big screen and other smaller screens. can be bit slow at serving mind when busy. This will probably be my pick though if i cant get a ticket.

Thanks for this, much appreciated :thumbup:

No bubble, confirmed by Hampshire police.

Good news, can anyone who knows the Fratton area recommend a good pub for a pre match pint and a pack of scratchings? Might make a day of it with a spot of shopping at Gunwharf.

Good news, can anyone who knows the Fratton area recommend a good pub for a pre match pint and a pack of scratchings? Might make a day of it with a spot of shopping at Gunwharf.

Why don't you try The Shepherds Crook, I'm sure you'll be made welcome.

Why don't you try The Shepherds Crook, I'm sure you'll be made welcome.

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/fratton-park-portsmouth.html#apubs-for-away-fans

There's a few options for a prematch drink there.

Can't see how the police will corral everyone as we'll be arriving from different directions at different times. Should be easy enough to just merge in with the crowd.

Easier hopefully as I want to go and only have one recent away, but I havent missed a game down there for years...

I am not sure the TV will compensate

personally can't see it going down it 1 away game.. doesn't even reach that for some london away games

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/fratton-park-portsmouth.html#apubs-for-away-fans

There's a few options for a prematch drink there.

Can't see how the police will corral everyone as we'll be arriving from different directions at different times. Should be easy enough to just merge in with the crowd.

The Harvester is miles from the ground. The Brewers Arms closed down ages ago. The Milton Arms is not a pub for away fans IMO.

personally can't see it going down it 1 away game.. doesn't even reach that for some london away games
Is the criteria going to be away games? I only ask because I'm sure in the past tickets for cup games are frequently linked to how many other cup games you've been to.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I don't think any pub down the road is one for saints fans tbf !

As I unfortunately have to live in Southsea even I won’t drink pre match here. The Skates will be looking for trouble from the off. Not just those going to the match but local kids looking to kick off at anyone who doesn’t appear to be one of them!

Probably smash their own place up again like the last PL match.

I tried to leave at H/T as we were 3-1 down and the team hadn’t turned up but the old bill wouldn’t let me out - for my own safety!

This is the biggest of big away games, fairly certain the club will reward those who travel away most.

Not that I think it’ll matter, can see everyone who wants one getting one.

For sure. Looking at Twitter the shirters undies are going. Some of them are going on like it’s a police free game and we’re getting off the train in Damascus (although that’d probably be more aesthetically pleasing).

Can’t wait.

pff what a load of bull 2k tickets when the stand holds 2.8K

hopefully many of the Saints away travel lot will be tempted by the curry & pint deal and watching the game at St Marys to free up some of the tickets

Surprised no travel restrictions put on ie special trains, going to makes things interesting with Saints fans making their own way there and mixing with the skates on the trains

e-mail from the club

"we can now confirm all on-sale dates for our Carabao Cup clash against Portsmouth, with our sales criteria beginning with 19/20 Season Ticket holders who have attended 10 or more away matches since the start of our 18/19 campaign".

so that's a ST and 10 aways.... looks like it will be radio Solent for me. So ****ed it wasn't a home game :x

Only got 5 aways :mcinnes: Can’t see it reaching that now with only 2000

As others said earlier, last time we played there it went down to members with (presumably) similar allocation, a much more hardcore support and better feeling about the place.

Having said that, anyone eligible who is scared off might just end up buying and selling them on for a profit.

I'll already put myself forward as willing to pay extra for a ticket.

20 coaches plus 3 from Saints Away is half our allocation. That dramatically cuts down on the number of Saints wandering around Fratton.

No doubt they'll be saying we didn't show.

A 1715 departure from St Mary's for a game 20 miles away means anyone on the coach could be in the ground for a good hour before. Plenty of time to nip to a local pub for a quick livener!

As others said earlier, last time we played there it went down to members with (presumably) similar allocation, a much more hardcore support and better feeling about the place.

Having said that, anyone eligible who is scared off might just end up buying and selling them on for a profit.

I'll already put myself forward as willing to pay extra for a ticket.

Any saints ‘fan’ who sells their ticket for a profit is a c**t and should be ashamed of themselves.