Ranking the rivalries

saintmatt

Bizarrely 9% of our fans apparently didn't think that the Skates were our biggest rivals.

Yeah... strange. We (and them) do have one of the highest % out of all clubs though, on first inspection it looks like only Exeter's hatred of Plymouth and Port Vale's disdain for Stoke are stronger!

Surprised Norwich only have 70% for Ipswich.

Really weird statistics, I can accept our 91% when only 83% of Sheffield United fans believe Sheffield Wednesday to be their main rivals, likewise with Bristol City's 83% for Bristol Rovers.

Tottenham's 83% for Arsenal, Newcastle's 72% for Sunderland (Middlesbrough are a nothing club) and Manchester City's top rivals being Liverpool also seems strange.

It all seems a bit knee jerk, which probably explains Man City, as Liverpool are their competitive rivals and why Brighton and Reading are high up for us, as we were competing with one of them in our League One/Championship seasons. I disliked both at the time, but don't really care about Reading anymore, they seem a nice club and we take good numbers there. However, there's still a dislike for Brighton following Poyet, El-Abd and Tarrico that I still hold against them.

Very surprising. I don't feel any particular rivalry with Reading and not really Bournemouth either. We developed a small one with Brighton as we climbed back up the leagues and the Spurs one mostly comes from around the time of Hoddle and Richards leaving, I'd say.

Ouch for Everton though, with Liverpool not really seeing them as rivals. Both Manchester clubs look more at Liverpool too. Most of them drop off heavily after the first one or two though.

Humm, while I want to always beat Bournemouth, and always want to finish above them I tend to want to see them do well! I must be a crap Saints fan. :(

You're not alone. We all like Bournemouth, hence the large cheer at SMS when they got promoted. Cracking little club. No idea why they think they hate us though.

It's Portsmouth and no one else really IMO, at a stretch I'd say Pool have to be one of our more hated clubs rather than Bournemouth.

I'd also list multiple clubs like West Ham, Burnley, Utd, Everton, Chelsea that I'd rather see lose than Bournemouth.

Edited by tajjuk