Excellent article on Saints tactics

Danbert

Think it sums it up well, the team have worked hard, defended well as a unit, pressed well and generally played alright.

But we have made stupid defensive errors and not taken our chances, which basically undermines all of the above.

You can also add the Fulham game to the mix, where there were no defensive errors but worryingly yet more chances squandered.

Ings alone should have probably 4 goals this season and Adams at least 2, lets hope they find their shooting boots and get their confidence up.

I don’t think we have the personnel to play that style, we seem to have a predominately mid sized mid paced and mild mannered squad, in short very average. I could see that style working with West Ham or Palace with their bigger, more powerful and quicker players. I’m not really sure what style would suit us.

Ings was an absolute waste of money, not only will Hasenhuttls time with us be hampered by previous signings that restrict what he can spend but also by a signing we were already obligated to make.
Disagree completely, Ings is a great passer, he will be super useful when our attack begins to sync and our quick players start to find their own.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Ings was an absolute waste of money, not only will Hasenhuttls time with us be hampered by previous signings that restrict what he can spend but also by a signing we were already obligated to make.

and the signings he made like Scuffer Adams.