Che Adams

washsaint

Is that really how low the barometer is now set ?

Personally the snippets I've seen from Adams have given me some optimism, but he does need to break his duck. Once off the mark and with a bit of confidence I'm hoping he knock a few in, a few "scuffs" in there but who cares.

It’s something we have suffered for the past three seasons. No leading goal scorer and it has a big impact as goals haven’t been taken up elsewhere. We’ve only won 15 games out of the last 60 home games!

I don’t expect Adams to suddenly fill that role having not played at this level before. At least his attitude seems to be good and hopefully he can get the goal that can drag the team to play better and not be shy in front of goal.

It’s something we have suffered for the past three seasons. No leading goal scorer and it has a big impact as goals haven’t been taken up elsewhere. We’ve only won 15 games out of the last 60 home games!

I don’t expect Adams to suddenly fill that role having not played at this level before. At least his attitude seems to be good and hopefully he can get the goal that can drag the team to play better and not be shy in front of goal.

Wow 15 out of 60 and theres the reason for the lack of atmosphere at St .Marys right there.

Adams will score two tomorrow

He probably needs to, not least because it will give him confidence, will also keep the fans at bay for a little while longer. Needs a goal sooner rather than later and to score, and beat the skates would be a decent start for the lad.

We need to replace him with Premier League quality like Ashley Barnes or Glenn Murray.
Guessing this is sarcastic, but those two have consistently scored goals at this level now so it's a bit churlish to have digs at them. I'd absolutely rather have Barnes than Adams.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm calling it now. He's not good enough. Another championship player who can't make the step up. He might break his duck against Portsmyth, if Ralph doesn't have another stroke of genius and rest him, but that'll be just papering over the cracks.

Ralph's genius will probably see him played at left back.

Guessing this is sarcastic, but those two have consistently scored goals at this level now so it's a bit churlish to have digs at them. I'd absolutely rather have Barnes than Adams.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't. Barnes is a dirty, cynical piece of crap who should pick up more cards than he does. I have no idea how he gets away with half of the stuff he does on the pitch. I'd hate to have him anywhere near the team.

He was excellent at Sheff United. Ran the channels, worked his socks off, held the ball up really well and linked the play nicely. Couldn't have done much more. If his excellent strike had sneaked in this thread probably wouldn't exist. I said before we signed him that I was slightly worried by a lack of pace and ability to play on his own up front, but that game gave me some confidence. Ings link up play is very nice and tidy, but I don't see much else about his game that stands out over Adams. Give him time.

IF he gets to play, I’ve got a feeling he’ll still not score...Pimpley will pack 11 players behind the ball and make it very difficult. We’ll carry on playing our usual pedestrian build up in attack allowing them to frustrate a decent game of football. It’ll go to pens which we could quite easily lose given the hostile atmosphere and our sapped confidence. Prove me wrong Che.

Pimpley will pack 11 players behind the ball

I think they'll come out all guns blazing, they'll be aware we're slow starters with poor first halves in most games this season. Their excited fans will be up for it at the start and may use that for momentum and look for an early goal. Then shut up shop and take their chances.

We need to hit them from the off.

The atmosphere should get the team up for it as their will be a truly huge amount of noise.

I just wonder why we haven't found a midfield player that can regularly set up chances with perfectly weighted through balls for Che to run on to, and smack joyfully into the net.Our play at the moment is way to slow.

I still remember the days when we had teams that scored many and even once managed 100 in a year.

If he scores 2 I win. If he scores 3 I still win :)

I noticed the odds on him scoring at least 2 have gone down to 17/2.

https://sports.williamhill.com/betting/en-gb/football/OB_EV15652023/portsmouth-vs-southampton

Seems others have that feeling too then :p

Cheers! Too late now to go to the bookies. Just finished giving a Skype English lesson to an Italian guy. Early today so I can dash down the pub.. Earn it, spend it!

Annamo!

Edited by suewhistle
seen your location..

See good signs from Adams still. He needs a goal for sure, but I would definitely keep starting him.

Nice pass to Obafemi for Ings second goal and made lots of good runs.

Seem to recall Jay Rod took a while to score but was still playing well and once he did he went on from there.

See good signs from Adams still. He needs a goal for sure, but I would definitely keep starting him.

Seem to recall Jay Rod took a while to score but was still playing well and once he did he went on from there.

Who do you lose to accommodate him ings has simply done a lot more in less time this season.. even if we play 4222 Ralph’s love for jwp will prob see the likes of boufal even maybe drop out to fit in jwp and redders?

The lad will come good, needs a bit of time. Strikers can have goal droughts, remember Pelle and Rodriguez?

I's still give him the benefit of the doubt for that reason, but so far I thought he goes down too easy too often and hasn't been gambling on balls into the box, so that he's either a yard a two away from crosses or players like Cedric are gambling on loose balls that he ought to be getting on the end of.

Hopefully he improves and he gets a goal soon as many will hopefully follow.

Unfortunately it's hard to justify him getting game time ahead of Ings if he continues to not score, as in football strikers really need to be scoring goals - image if Carillo had been cut as much slack.

Thought Ralf was very clever today, kept him on the pitch even though he was clearly struggling, while hooking Danny who was on a hattrick. Giving him as many minutes as possible to try to get off the mark. Good management.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

i also thought he was terrible last night, but to be fair how often did we manage to get him the ball in the box?

he didnt have a good game and yes the ref did him no favours but i also think there is a bigger problem that is hes not a target man/lone striker type who does all the donkey work winning flicks and headers- which he is being asked to do a lot of currently. he got all those goals for brum by playing off somebody who was providing him with those flicks and getting him in the back. i know hes a big lad and holds it well at times, but ffs we need to start playing more to his strengths and getting bodies closer to him who are looking to playing him in

i also thought he was terrible last night, but to be fair how often did we manage to get him the ball in the box?

Unfortunately that's a common theme. He works really hard, but he's pretty poor on the ball and he doesn't get into goalscoring positions.

If he was missing loads of chances at least we could be optimistic that the goals will come eventually, but he's rarely anywhere to be seen when the ball drops in the box.

Not an encouraging start...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Indeed. I also seem to remember it took Beattie a while to get scoring too, but once he got the hang of it.....

Indeed. I also seem to remember it took Beattie a while to get scoring too, but once he got the hang of it.....

Took him 10 games to score in the season he scored 24 goals and that was a penalty, after that 23 in 33 games!!

The midfield doesn't help at the moment, the ball is retained to the point there is no space for him to make runs.

If we can get Redmond the ball early and attack with pace he will score. If Hojbjerg and the defence slow down the play he won't

He needs a goal badly and needs thee managers and our support badly but Ings took his chance last night and has to be ahead of che until he starts to take his. There room for him getting up and running a bit but hes had good chances, been unlucky and now seems to lack a little confidence and on the back of that sharpness. A couple of weeks from the bench for me with ings being rewarded for a good game. Key is to support him hugely when he does come on

He needs a goal, you can see his confidence is not there, the runs are, the bustling style and work rate is, but he's just taking a little bit to long with his touch, get it out of his feet etc. and that is confidence.

We saw at Brum a lot of his goals were about first time shots, hitting it early, etc. and at the moment aside that very unlucky strike vs Sheff Utd he hasn't been doing that much.

One good thing is he has not been hiding from the ball, he's still been showing for it, still making those runs, so I think it will come. We have to remember the guy is 22 in his first season in the PL, these things don't happen over night and you always need a bit of luck as well, just look at Tammy Abrahams, scored some good goals but also had a bit of fortune to get him going with balls just dropping at his feet etc. Also he is doing well now but in his season for Swansea first season in the PL he managed 5 goals in 31 games.

As others have mentioned Beattie managed 5 goals in 53 games in his first two seasons with us before he hit a double figures season.

Ings probably deserves to start now and hopefully will have his confidence back after that game, he looks sharp and fit for once, but lets not right Adams off please.

He needs a goal, you can see his confidence is not there, the runs are, the bustling style and work rate is, but he's just taking a little bit to long with his touch, get it out of his feet etc. and that is confidence.

We saw at Brum a lot of his goals were about first time shots, hitting it early, etc. and at the moment aside that very unlucky strike vs Sheff Utd he hasn't been doing that much.

One good thing is he has not been hiding from the ball, he's still been showing for it, still making those runs, so I think it will come. We have to remember the guy is 22 in his first season in the PL, these things don't happen over night and you always need a bit of luck as well, just look at Tammy Abrahams, scored some good goals but also had a bit of fortune to get him going with balls just dropping at his feet etc. Also he is doing well now but in his season for Swansea first season in the PL he managed 5 goals in 31 games.

As others have mentioned Beattie managed 5 goals in 53 games in his first two seasons with us before he hit a double figures season.

Ings probably deserves to start now and hopefully will have his confidence back after that game, he looks sharp and fit for once, but lets not right Adams off please.

Agree with all of this. Feel for Adams but Ings has to go into the team now.

Agree with all of this. Feel for Adams but Ings has to go into the team now.
Adams will have to step up at some point becuase if history is anything to go by an extended run in the team will see Ings back in the treatment room. I don't think Ings is a bad player but playing 90 minutes week in week out, over a season, seems to be beyond his bodies capabilities. If Adams doesn't make the grade we could be back to Long leading the line.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Play your best player & Ings is our best striker. Adams needs to be dropped. It may do him good to have a mental break but what message does it send to the more experienced pros & wider squad if they can hit form and not get picked yet if you’re young & playing poorly and missing multiple chances, you still have a starting place anyway?! It doesn’t set a good precedent for competition for places.

Ings was up for it last night. Few others were and our defence and man marking was nothing short of abysmal. Sunday league at best against weak opposition. I’m getting highly concerned about the quality of our coaching set-up. Certainly our defensive mindset. It’s the worst I’ve seen it in years.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m pleased about the result - massively happy today - but we played poorly with some worrying defending and the defence seems to be getting worse. That’s without Vestergaard. Bring back Danny.

Play your best player & Ings is our best striker. Adams needs to be dropped. It may do him good to have a mental break but what message does it send to the more experienced pros & wider squad if they can hit form and not get picked yet if you’re young & playing poorly and missing multiple chances, you still have a starting place anyway?! It doesn’t set a good precedent for competition for places.

Ings was up for it last night. Few others were and our defence and man marking was nothing short of abysmal. Sunday league at best against weak opposition. I’m getting highly concerned about the quality of our coaching set-up. Certainly our defensive mindset. It’s the worst I’ve seen it in years.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m pleased about the result - massively happy today - but we played poorly with some worrying defending and the defence seems to be getting worse. That’s without Vestergaard. Bring back Danny.

We won 4-0 against a division 1 side... Is Sunday league a step up from division 1 these days? I guess you've gone fishing and I've bitten, but FFS it's crap like this that drags this place down

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk