Che Adams

washsaint

My opinion on signing Adams has become a bit of a meme on here but I've been proven right so far, he looks hopelessly out of his depth as most good championship goalscorers do. As I said, 22 goals is only 3 more than Stern John scored for us in the Championship (and less than Rasiak did I believe?).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I like Adams, he’s strong and holds it up quite nicely, he just needs a goal for his confidence. His first two games he was getting into good positions, narrowly missing chance against both Burnley and Liverpool. Since then, he’s getting less chances and being quieter in games. To me that suggests a confidence issue. For me, as mentioned above, Ings’ ineffectiveness is much of a worry. Che will come good.

I'm pretty confident he'll do decently well once we get a few home games against teams that aren't likely to finish in the top 8 or so.

He has enough about him, but it its a big step up when you're up against Van Dijk, Maguire, De Gea and the like instead of Championship defenders/keepers.

Normally I would knee jerk and remove him from my fantasy team but with international break I expect Ralph to be working him hard so will keep him for a couple more games.

To be fair to the lad his first 4 games have had Burnley's CBs, Van Dijk and Maguire and the team around him is also learning the system to play.

There’s something seriously wrong with this now now now, me me me generation that can’t let a young lad develop in the toughest league into the world without instantly writing him off.

We’re Southampton not Man City. Get a grip you helmets

Well said. Some of our fans have the ability to drain confidence from a player. Its not a great look.

It took Jay a little while to get his first goal for us after his transition from the Championship, people were doubting him too. It'll come for Che, he causes problems with his movement and has a lot of power and strength in his game.

Snatches at chances a bit at the moment, probably through eagerness. He just needs one to go off of his backside to get him going.

Needs a bit of work, but the way Ricky improved his game with every promotion I'm not going to write Adams off yet. Does need a goal soon though obviously.

Ricky scored quality goals from day one of being at Saints, Che Adams from what I've seen even of his time at Birmingham has only scored goals that involved poor defending or goalkeeping.

I correctly called Ramirez, Moi, Hoedt and Carrillo v early but won't do same with Adam's

Needs a goal and better service. Give him time.

I made a post about how useless Carrillio was ,was i right?.........i got slated for it uuummmm ..tick for me i think,but i do think Che will prove a good buy,

my other concern is theres a lack of depth in the attackers, atm Obafemi seems to be very injury prone himself atm not looking to promissing for the lad atm,

having been out since Arsenal game last season,dosent seem to be able to shrug of hamstrings.

There’s something seriously wrong with this now now now, me me me generation that can’t let a young lad develop in the toughest league into the world without instantly writing him off.

This. To say he looks out of his depth is utterly ludicrous. But for a bit of luck in front of goal he looks more than good enough to play in the premier league on the evidence I have seen so far. I'm confident he will come good.

On our walk back from the game we were discussing Adams and my two comments were;

He is a huge improvement over Austin

It's nice to not have to listen to Saints fans bleat on that "he looks every inch a Championship player" just because he hasn't scored yet.

Obviously I was wrong.

He is a decent enough player for the fee we paid. He will score and then he will probably go on a run and bag a few.

Support him.

Looking like another duff buy - plenty of time to come good but at the moment looks like a Championship player with very poor vision and control.

Our front line looks even weaker than last season with Ings and Adams.

Shocking

Xrick

My opinion on signing Adams has become a bit of a meme on here but I've been proven right so far, he looks hopelessly out of his depth as most good championship goalscorers do. As I said, 22 goals is only 3 more than Stern John scored for us in the Championship (and less than Rasiak did I believe?).

I would imagine our scouts look at a little more than just the ‘goals scored’ column...

The kid needs a chance, clearly has decent attributes. I’m confident he will do OK, a goal will do his confidence the world of good.

Agreed.

If he was successful now now now he would probably be off off off very quickly..............probably to Liverpool.

He will come good, but better for us if it’s not too quick.

I like Adams, he’s strong and holds it up quite nicely, he just needs a goal for his confidence. His first two games he was getting into good positions, narrowly missing chance against both Burnley and Liverpool. Since then, he’s getting less chances and being quieter in games. To me that suggests a confidence issue. For me, as mentioned above, Ings’ ineffectiveness is much of a worry. Che will come good.

Agree with much of this. Adams looked strong and a 'handful' during the first half against Liverpool and showed some pace and ability to hold the ball up. A goal under his belt and his confidence will be up and we'll see a half decent return for a first season in this league (I'm hoping between 10-15 goals).

Ings remains a concern in front of goal even if some of his passing and link up play is good to watch (Brighton last week).

Agree with much of this. Adams looked strong and a 'handful' during the first half against Liverpool and showed some pace and ability to hold the ball up. A goal under his belt and his confidence will be up and we'll see a half decent return for a first season in this league (I'm hoping between 10-15 goals).

Ings remains a concern in front of goal even if some of his passing and link up play is good to watch (Brighton last week).

I'd be willing to wager that Adams will not breach double figures this season. Not the pessimist in me, just the pragmatist from years of having to realistically and objectively view football players abilities in relation to the league relevant.

After seeing the OP, was gonna pipe in with a comment along the lines of 'new player, same ****ing thread'. But it appears there's actually a pretty sane contingent here that are willing to give him time. Just hope that translates to attitudes displayed by our fans in the grounds.

For the next few games he should come on at around the hour mark. Let him build up his confidence because at the moment he needs a bit of a boost. The quality is there and his speed is excellent. Just give the lad a chance because it's a big leap from Championship to Prem. One tip for what it's worth is Don't get provoked by the professional fouls from the more cynical well practiced defenders.

Stickers need goals. That’s all they need. Che has a few chances and not converted. At least he is those positions to score. Ings and Adams have both have been good this season and are paramount to the early press we are playing. Both Liverpool and man united’s defence have found it hard playing against us and been under pressure. Hopefully they will both a get a few goals against Pompey and then will overnight be heroes! Far to early to judge but have definitely been positive signs.

Would have to disagree. With Adams, you can see the quality is there, it just hasn't clicked yet. For him it's a new club, new league, new style of playing. Let's give him a little more time than 4 games to bed in.

It’s 2019. We have to completely judge him after 4 games :D