Attendance today 30,499

The Kraken

I haven’t looked through the records but that seems to me like a surprisingly low attendance against Man United. On tv it was quite obvious there were plenty of empty seats.

My point. At £65 a ticket in the Itchen or Kingsland, or £50 for about the cheapest adult tickets, I’m in no way surprised.

From a commercial perspective the club have got it right, now. Fill the stadium to 95% at hugely inflated prices, good price model, people will pay it (well, some will).

Just seems like football is lost to me. I grew up on going to the dell with a bunch of mates as a nipper and all getting in for two quid. That culture is long gone, I reckon. How do we attract a swathe of young fans when attendance is becoming so expensive? I thought twenty is plenty was having an effect, it obviously isn’t.

Really does make my season ticket seem very good value.

Yep, my season ticket in block 39 works out at 30 quid a game. Only any good of you can make it to all the games though. I agree that the per match pricing is insane, especially when you consider the number of home wins we've had in the last 4 seasons...

My Daughter has forgone her membership this year, when the email came that Season Ticket holders could buy more tickets she said stuff that at £50 to sit next to me.

....oh and for those of you thinking to slag a woman going to football just don’t say it in her earshot ...........trust me she’ll spark you out!

Really does make my season ticket seem very good value.

Yes, no doubting that’s where the value is at. Matchday tickets for the big games though are just through the roof. I just don’t see how 13-18 year olds can go in numbers together like I used to all those years ago. The market has changed. Good for revenues though.

Yep, my season ticket in block 39 works out at 30 quid a game. Only any good of you can make it to all the games though. I agree that the per match pricing is insane, especially when you consider the number of home wins we've had in the last 4 seasons...

More, Dell was 31,044

P!ss take mate...I would have gone today had it not been so expensive for me and my son. Just can't do every game at that price, ended up going to watch it at a local pub. Good though.

Agreed. I'm not paying those prices, sorry, but attending in person isn't as enjoyable anymore and is ridiculously expensive.

£50 seems like a bit of a threshold for me. I stumped it up for the Liverpool game but don’t think I will again.

40 is my absolute threshold, Atleast the away tickets are capped at £30 (+ booking fee)

Luckily I have a ST so I’m not being ripped off, but if I didn’t have one, there is no way I would pay that money, especially if on TV. Bonkers pricing

My Daughter has forgone her membership this year, when the email came that Season Ticket holders could buy more tickets she said stuff that at £50 to sit next to me.

....oh and for those of you thinking to slag a woman going to football just don’t say it in her earshot ...........trust me she’ll spark you out!

I heard Heisenberg call her a dumb chick! He’s up in Glasgow now I believe...

I went and paid £65 and took full adavantage of the reporting hotline. 82 reported for standing, 3,227 for offensive chanting a song that was repeated several times which suggested our neighbours in Portsmouth are unclean and fatherless and suggested we weee looking to engage in acts of antisocial behaviour when we visit them on the 24th of September. I applaud the club for pricing the tickets so high it keeps those nasty working class people away and any that do slip through the net can quickly be banne thanks to the excellent reporting text line.

Loads of empty seats in the corporate section today. Couldn't apparently even sell them to Mancs.

Basically though, they are going to price the seats to pretty much sell out the stadium. And they do pretty much sell out the stadium. Maybe need to drop ticket prices by a quid or two, but if you made it typically £15-£20 a ticket, you'd just get an emerging black market, I guess.

My point. At £65 a ticket in the Itchen or Kingsland, or £50 for about the cheapest adult tickets, I’m in no way surprised.

Just seems like football is lost to me. I grew up on going to the dell with a bunch of mates as a nipper and all getting in for two quid. That culture is long gone, I reckon. How do we attract a swathe of young fans when attendance is becoming so expensive?

Broadly agree with the overarching message and sentiment here, but from what I've quoted it does appear you're comparing apples and oranges.

Anybody know what the lowest priced kids ticket was for the match?

Read a match report that said first team ever that we hadn’t sold out the Utd home game. Journalist was reasoning that was because Utd weren’t the attraction they once were.

TBH I never look at ticket prices and also been offered a number of spares from mates who can’t make it at both Liverpool and Utd games. Didn’t realise the ‘value’ other mates were getting from these free tickets as assumed still £35 or thereabouts

Edited by whelk

I went and paid £65 and took full adavantage of the reporting hotline. 82 reported for standing, 3,227 for offensive chanting a song that was repeated several times which suggested our neighbours in Portsmouth are unclean and fatherless and suggested we weee looking to engage in acts of antisocial behaviour when we visit them on the 24th of September. I applaud the club for pricing the tickets so high it keeps those nasty working class people away and any that do slip through the net can quickly be banne thanks to the excellent reporting text line.

At one point there was a ‘stand up if you love the Saints’ and I was staggered how many were willing to flout the rules and block others’ view. Let’s hope they get their comeuppance once all the texts are acted on and this illegal behaviour ceases.

Broadly agree with the overarching message and sentiment here, but from what I've quoted it does appear you're comparing apples and oranges.

£15 for an Under 11 in the Itchen South or Family stand

At one point there was a ‘stand up if you love the Saints’ and I was staggered how many were willing to flout the rules and block others’ view. Let’s hope they get their comeuppance once all the texts are acted on and this illegal behaviour ceases.

Did you punch someone when they blocked your view or is it all talk?

Yes, good point. The link for ticket prices is below. £20 for under 18s in the family section or Itchen South, then starting at £30 for behind the goal and the wings.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets/2019-20-match-ticket-prices

Did you punch someone when they blocked your view or is it all talk?

Keep up sunshine. Not easy when you are quite slow but try. There is an improve your IQ podcast you could play after your self-help how not to be a loser like Fraser Forster and make those sales.

Over 1000 tickets unsold, club calling round past customers trying to flog tickets and hospitality right up to last minute. The fact they struggled for Manchester United will hopefully mean they realise price is wrong. Southampton is not London, there's not an endless supply of people willing to handover that sort of cash.