Match Day Programmes

spyinthesky

More out of habit than anything I always by a Match Day programme.

I get to the ground reasonably early and until this season have never been able to purchase my overpriced match day reading.

However for the Liverpool and Man Utd game my favoured kiosk has run out of the magazine.

I guess there are two possibilities

1. The demand has increased.

2. The club has decided to print less copies.

Interested to know if anyone else has experienced similar problems.

btw the music volume seems to be lower this year. Good news!!

I too am mug enough to want to buy a programme sometimes. Arrived quite late for Liverpool so not surprised no programme sellers around but yesterday was there half hour before kick off and couldn't see anywhere to buy one. My son says they have some in the shop (superstore) but every other ground has plenty of sellers at all the main walk up points. Saints seem to have given up! What impression does this give fans of visiting teams?

I too am mug enough to want to buy a programme sometimes. Arrived quite late for Liverpool so not surprised no programme sellers around but yesterday was there half hour before kick off and couldn't see anywhere to buy one. My son says they have some in the shop (superstore) but every other ground has plenty of sellers at all the main walk up points. Saints seem to have given up! What impression does this give fans of visiting teams?

Couldn't get one against Liverpool so called into the club shop on Friday afternoon in an effort to get one for ManU, which I had done previous seasons.

That was a wasted journey!

Same for me - always get one but has been stupidly difficult to find for the first two games

No-one selling outside anymore or inside - so need to join the huge food queued

Queued up once at food place to be told sold out - try the other side

Mate had queued up at the other side and was told the same thing - or to come back during the game as they might get some more.

Far too much trouble.

Having collected programmes for the best part of 30 years, I have now given up !

The content inside is always very general, a few days out of date (printing deadlines) and there is basically nothing which you can't see online !

The circulation downturn of local papers is for the same reasons, just a sign of the times, I'm afraid !!