Sheff Utd vs Saints - Build Up

SuperSAINT

Any updates on injuries?

Bertrand? Djenepo? Redmond?

Bertrand took part in that training fun day they did earlier in the international break, but I didn't see him in any pictures of their most recent proper sessions.

The team are doing some running around at St Mary's today - Djenepo is among them.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

With Djenepo and Danso out, I'd expect to see Bertrand back in i na 4222

Gunn

Cedric Bednarek Vestergaard Bertrand

Hojbjerg Romeu

JWP Boufal

Adams Ings

Fingers-crossed Adams does “an Abraham” and scores goals against defences he’s used to scoring against.

Adams needs to keep starting for a while in the hope he comes good. Thought we was really poor v Man United but depends how he does once he's scored really. Ings I just can't see the same potential for improvement and think he needs to be back up for a while. Really don't like the two of them starting together.

Honestly I think to be fair ings has been a lot better then Adams so far this season, better pressing and closing down which resulted in the goal he closed down the keeper vs Liverpool,, better at creating chances for himself, better link up play eg, the work he did to help set away djenepo for his goal... all Adams has really done for me is missed a couple of chances created for him which should of hit the target.. I don’t think he has been superior to ings so far .

Honestly I think to be fair ings has been a lot better then Adams so far this season, better pressing and closing down which resulted in the goal he closed down the keeper vs Liverpool,, better at creating chances for himself, better link up play eg, the work he did to help set away djenepo for his goal... all Adams has really done for me is missed a couple of chances created for him which should of hit the target.. I don’t think he has been superior to ings so far .

Fully agreed

Would have to be Vokins wouldn’t it?

If he’s not considered our 3rd choice left-back, we may as well loan him out.

The same Vokins championed as a perfectly fine replacement for targett?

We clearly need a LB in the Jan window

We have shifted more players so no reason not to get one on loan at least

This is the sort of game we have lost for the last 3 seasons. They are a tough side to play and can't see us getting anything.

Sheff Utd 2-0 Saints

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Except we are a different side now with a different style of play...

2-0 win for Saints!

They are a championship side looking at their squad, especially with the likes of McBurnie, McGoldrick and Sharp as their strikers. On paper we are a better side but newly promoted teams away, especially early in the season when little pressure is on them can be very difficult. Hope we can nick it but can see a draw. 1-1 (Adams first league goal)

Sheffield United are a good side now, we will as usual underestimate them, can see us starting as usual very slowly & not really being in the game or even looking like trying till the last 20 mins when it will be too late! Ralph will blame it on suspension/injury frailties

Sheffield United 3 - Saints 1

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Sheffield United are a good side now, we will as usual underestimate them, can see us starting as usual very slowly & not really being in the game or even looking like trying till the last 20 mins when it will be too late! Ralph will blame it on suspension/injury frailties

Sheffield United 3 - Saints 1

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

They are industrious but very limited in terms of quality. Speaking to a few Blades fans at work, they are in no doubt they will struggle this season, but are rightly looking at this as one of the games they should be winning if they want to stay up. So actually there is already some pressure on them.

If we put in the kind of performance like we did for the first hour against Burnley then we will have a good chance of getting at least a point. Their defence is quite solid, but they are very lacking up front. Having said that, if Billy Sharp gets on the pitch at any point then he's pretty much guaranteed to score.

I'm predicting 1-1.

I can see a 0-0 or a 1-1 tbh

Although I also see us as likelier to win than they are, but if I was a betting man then I’d predict a draw because they are a limited Championship side on paper but with confidence

Adams and Ings can’t shoot but fancy Adams to bag one today. Neither striker can make the space like Redmond can hence the reserved prediction- and they gave Leicester a good game too.

Could be Djenepo at LWB, didn’t he play that way earlier in the season?

Yeah that's probably more likely actually. Hoj did a decent job at LB in a 4 last time out, but he's probably not suited to the more attacking wing back role. Would much rather have him in the middle with Romeu.

Add Danso, Bertrand, Valery and Redmond to this lineup and in my reckoning, that would be best we could offer with current squad.

Gunn

Valery

Danso

Vestergaard

Bertrand

Romeu

Hojbjerg

Redmond

Boufal

Djenepo

Adams

You have Redmond in that team, perhaps you meant Ings