Tyrone Mings

bangkoksaint

I see from the BBC that he may make his England debut at StMarys. He appears to be one that got away from us during a time of financial strife. I’m not convinced by his injury record but never the less having just seen an interview with him and read his Wiki page I hope he does well and if he does play next week it’d be great for the supporters to get behind him, especially as there’ll be a large contingent of Saints fans in the crowd.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrone_Mings

I see from the BBC that he may make his England debut at StMarys. He appears to be one that got away from us during a time of financial strife. I’m not convinced by his injury record but never the less having just seen an interview with him and read his Wiki page I hope he does well and if he does play next week it’d be great for the supporters to get behind him, especially as there’ll be a large contingent of Saints fans in the crowd.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrone_Mings

I recall a story from an Ipswich game where it was said Saints let him go for being too small, he subsequently shot up a foot almost straight after leaving.

Very ironic that we thought he would be too small to make it in the game.

I doubt that story is true and is his way of covering up the real reason. At the time Mings was at he club Saints had some tiny players in similar age groups who weren't released.

"Too small" is a nonsense... is Messi too small? Was Maradona too small? etc

I doubt that story is true and is his way of covering up the real reason. At the time Mings was at he club Saints had some tiny players in similar age groups who weren't released.

"Too small" is a nonsense... is Messi too small? Was Maradona too small? etc

Mings wasn't released be ause he was too small, that is just myth and nonsense. He was released following our Relegation from the Championship, the whole youth budget was reduced, some say axed, at the time of the takeover. Tyrone's father, Adie was a youth coach and he was let go as well, and it wasn't done in a particularly nice way, which soured the relationship with Saints, and means there was never any chance of us getting him back, even if we had wanted. Don't know all the ins and outs so can't say whether the blame lay with Lowe or Cortese but that's what happened. Mings came through the Bath satellite academy, he is a Chippenham lad (Adie was manager and DoF of the Bluebirds, and was Scout for Chelsea after he left Saints).

Mings wasn't released be ause he was too small, that is just myth and nonsense. He was released following our Relegation from the Championship, the whole youth budget was reduced, some say axed, at the time of the takeover.

Mings said himself in his England Press Conference that Saints released him for not being big enough....

"There is not a lot I haven't thought of in terms of what could and couldn't happen. I don't hold any grudges over Southampton. I don't hold any grudges over the decisions they made because if I'm completely honest they were probably justified at the time. *I wasn't quite big enough, I wasn't quite physically developed enough to maybe cope with the demands of the game*. It will be a fitting story if I made my debut at St Mary's and came full circle."

Mings added: "I don't think it would feel any more or less special doing it at St Mary's than it would anywhere else."

Comes across as a decent lad and well spoken: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49586525

Mings said himself in his England Press Conference that Saints released him for not being big enough....

"There is not a lot I haven't thought of in terms of what could and couldn't happen. I don't hold any grudges over Southampton. I don't hold any grudges over the decisions they made because if I'm completely honest they were probably justified at the time. *I wasn't quite big enough, I wasn't quite physically developed enough to maybe cope with the demands of the game*. It will be a fitting story if I made my debut at St Mary's and came full circle."

Mings added: "I don't think it would feel any more or less special doing it at St Mary's than it would anywhere else."

Comes across as a decent lad and well spoken: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49586525

Can't really argue with that in fairness. Although obviously some of our fans know better than what the players actually live through... :uhoh: :mcinnes: