Sir Geoffrey Boycott

sadoldgit

Are you inferring that I have hit my wife?

Have you got any hard evidence that you haven't?

I'm going to let you off for the last two days, because you've been backed into a corner due to your previous poor arguments on this forum, but next time, before creating a thread to create a debate that you want to go a certain way, make sure you've read back through your back catalogue, okay.

Have you any hard evidence that you haven’t hit your wife?

Anyway, the reason for starting this thread was to gauge reactions about the award for a knighthood for someone with a previous criminal conviction given that it was some 25 years ago . Has enough time elapsed? Should anyone be knighted if found guilty of a criminal act? Should the honours system remain in the modern age? The World Cup team were not honoured at the time and only some of them later. Should sportsmen and women be given this type of honour just for being good at games and if so, should they also lead blameless lives? It all seems a bit arbitrary and archaic to me. Perhaps when the Queen croaks it will be a good time to review the whole honours system and drag it into the 21st century?