Leon Crouch Dies Aged 70

saint lard

RIP Leon.

Without you, we would probably have under before Markus bought us.

A true Saint, hope the club organises a gesture for the Bournemouth home game. Thanks for everything.

Remember like it was yesterday when there were coin collections in and around Saint Marys when we went under administration.

Never want to experience that again.

So sad and so unfair. Leon was such a lovely man and generous to a fault when it came to his beloved SFC. He helped save us from extinction just those few short years ago.

Surely a man who deserves honour although he would never think so. God bless Leon you will be remembered always as a True Saint.

Come on lads if any man deserves a statue outside St Mary's it is Leon Crouch. Let's make it happen somehow.

So sad and so unfair. Leon was such a lovely man and generous to a fault when it came to his beloved SFC. He helped save us from extinction just those few short years ago.

Surely a man who deserves honour although he would never think so. God bless Leon you will be remembered always as a True Saint.

Come on lads if any man deserves a statue outside St Mary's it is Leon Crouch. Let's make it happen somehow.

I'd like to think we're all forever grateful for what Leon did for this football club, and he deserves to honoured in some long-lasting way but I think a statue is a bit OTT, a plaque in a prominent location would suffice. IMO.

A great man for Saints. What he did to keep us going was simply magnificent. At that time I was at a number of meetings, at one Mary Corbett told us that they were out of money. But Leon still kept us going. I believe he was so desperate to save us that he provided the half million to buy the due diligence time for the group that ML was supporting. Without realising it he delayed Marcus taking us over. I'm not sure he ever got that money back.

There are countless stories where he helped people in desperate circumstances. One out there this week where he topped up an appeal for a young lad needing treatment giving £30,000 to make it up to £50,000. He will be long remembered for his kindness and charity. RIP Leon.

I just feel sad that he probably never knew how grateful we Southampton supporters really were to him for keeping our club going when we stared oblivion in the face. Thank you Leon.

l think he new that a lot of supporters were very grateful.

I had the pleasure of talking to him a few times and even attended a wedding at his house, he was a true gent, a genuine saints fan and will be missed.

RIP Leon

Really sad about this. A kind hearted gentleman who did so much for the club, whilst other more self-serving ex Chairmen were more intent on profiting from and destroying the club in what seemed like a revenge move, undoing much of the good work Leon did. He was a true Saints fan and a great ambassador for the club. I will be forever grateful to Leon for rescuing us from humiliation with the laughable Jimmy Krankie/Milan M statue. What a debacle. Only at Southampton FC. May he rest in peace. Thoughts with Leon's daughter and family. Today would have been my Dad's birthday so the thought of another Dad leaving his family has particular poignancy today (but the sun is shining). RIP Leon.