Sheff Utd 0-1 Saints - Post Match Relief

Ohio Saint

Am looking at his overall performances for the club pal. To date, he’s been bit of a disappointment.

He was dreadful today. I remember one occasion where a ball was played out wide and it was quite clearly his to win, but he just didn't even attempt to get his head on it and they got in behind with ease. I can't comprehend how someone as tall as he is manages to get beaten in the air so easily.

His general alertness and decision making was very poor. Not a good performance at all.

Great result Saints! Needed that as tough run of fixtures coming....

Missed the game, but seen the goal (beauty) and highlights (Adam's unlucky, VAR thanks)

Quick flick through the match thread and the usual suspects embarrassing themselves :lol: "get Djenepo off" idiots :lol:

Need a city comeback to complete a decent day of results

I've done my ratings. Please see below.

Probably a bit lucky to win as we could have easily conceded a couple and the defence was often all over the place.

Gunn - 7. Two important saves, albeit McGoldrick's efforts were a bit tame. Did nothing wrong.

Cedric - 6. Ok. You just always feel he should offer more. Did well filling in on the left though.

Bednarek - 6. ok. Doesn't make problems by going wandering the way some of our other centre backs like to do.

Yoshida - 6. ok.

Vesteergard - 4. Mess.

Djenepo, wing back - 4. No.

Dejenepo, trequartista - 8. Yes.

Hojbjerg - 7. Solid and steady.

Romeu - 7. Solid and steady.

JWP - 6. Didn't make an impact in his first position but did a good job when he moved to wing back.

Boufal - 8. Our best player on the ball throughout. Took the pressure off and got us up the pitch. If he had a more reliable shot and final ball he'd be worth a fortune.

Adam's - 7. Worked very well and looked after the ball in the second half. Needs a goal though. I'm looking forward to Adam's's first goal against AFCB or Skates.

Ings - 7. Did well when we needed to keep the ball intelligently.

Long and Armstrong - can't remember. Don't know.

I’d swap the JWP and Hojbjerg scores JWP possession and passing was easily far more superior to PEH

Great result Saints! Needed that as tough run of fixtures coming....

Missed the game, but seen the goal (beauty) and highlights (Adam's unlucky, VAR thanks)

Quick flick through the match thread and the usual suspects embarrassing themselves :lol: "get Djenepo off" idiots :lol:

Need a city comeback to complete a decent day of results

If you watched the match you might understand why (I say might, your writing style suggests that you are a bit thick). Djenepo started the game at LWB and looked very uncomfortable there. It was only when Ralf switched things up that he was able to get into the game. I suggested subbing him off for Ings not long before the goal because I felt even though he was playing well that he looked to be tiring. Judging by the goal I was wrong, but then Ralf subbed him for Ings about 10 minutes after the goal.

Ralph dropped a clanger by exposing Vestergaard on the left side with only the defensively-immature Djenepo as cover, but he fixed that after about 30 minutes by moving Cedric there.

His fix was great but it troubles me that he can't seem to see how vulnerable Vestergaard makes us.

Djenepo hasn't just scored 2 in 2, but two absolute crackers.

Can't wait to see Bertrand back, and Cedric looked pretty good today.

You get the feeling that Adams will start scoring soon, and hopefully not stop.

Good result. The ref got it right for once on all the crucial decisions which helped.

Loved the goal, what a welcome relief to see some skill and magic within our ranks for once, that coupled with Boufal, christ we are being spoilt.

Everyone else worked hard in a game I thought we would not win.

Just got home:

Gunn 8 .. He still looks timid at times but some good saves today. He needs the fans to give him some confidence.

Cedric 7 assured

Maya 8 professional

Bednerak 8 solid

Vestergaard 6 not as bad as people are saying but wobbly at times lacking a left back.

Hojberg 7 great leader and tackles but passing was shocking

Romeu 7 grew in to the game and did what it said on the tin

JWP 7 did what was asked and slipped in to a solid RB role

Djenepo 7 yes .. 7 great goal but drifted in and out of the game and was struggling as LWB.

Adam's 7 He is good and will score goals

Boufal 8 frustrating at times but some of his tekkaz were amazing.

Subs were good but little impact

Final word .. the ref 10 and the john Westwood song 0

At lunch as he was passing over to either Warne or Ponting he thought he must have been off mike he said 'they are ucking useless' who he meant I don't know perhaps technical people

David Gower, Ian Botham, and possibly Mikey Holding are all not having their contracts renewed following the end of the Ashes - Sky want, for some reason unbeknown to the human race, want to push Test failure Ian Ward up to be the new anchor.

Apart from trying to get out of the NCP in Eyre Road at the end, yet another great away day. Thought it was a pretty decent game which could've gone either way to be fair. For a change the ex Saints didn't come back to haunt us, McGoldricks finishing hasn't improved any, he should've had a brace before we scored, but blew both chances. Didn't see the Billy Sharp tackle as was clapping and chanting Boufal as he walked in front of the fans after being subbed.

Good performances from Maya, Oriel, Cedric and PEH. Moussa very good as well, sometimes a bit bambi (who'd that remind you of?), but the goal was sublime. Che worked hard, kept going, needs a goal but I think it will come good for him. For those knocking Vest, he didn't have his best game but he was nowhere near bad, had a few moments when he looked dodgy, but also strong when necessary, average, but not bad.

All in all good away performance, fans were good, clean sheet and a nice drive home over the Peak District watching a stunning sunset.

Oh BTW on the downside, the Westwood song, loose it.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Disagree about Vesti completely. Thought he played well and was directing a lot of our play. Won a lot of headers and made some decent clearances. Great team performance. Boufal and Djenepo were excellent.

Made a probable goal saving tackle iirc!

Apart from trying to get out of the NCP in Eyre Road at the end, yet another great away day. Thought it was a pretty decent game which could've gone either way to be fair. For a change the ex Saints didn't come back to haunt us, McGoldricks finishing hasn't improved any, he should've had a brace before we scored, but blew both chances. Didn't see the Billy Sharp tackle as was clapping and chanting Boufal as he walked in front of the fans after being subbed.

Good performances from Maya, Oriel, Cedric and PEH. Moussa very good as well, sometimes a bit bambi (who'd that remind you of?), but the goal was sublime. Che worked hard, kept going, needs a goal but I think it will come good for him. For those knocking Vest, he didn't have his best game but he was nowhere near bad, had a few moments when he looked dodgy, but also strong when necessary, average, but not bad.

All in all good away performance, fans were good, clean sheet and a nice drive home over the Peak District watching a stunning sunset.

Oh BTW on the downside, the Westwood song, loose it.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Took me 25 mins to get out the other car park opposite , who's idea was it to feed to multi story car parks out onto the same small back road?, just got back now but well worth the trip up there a lot better than my last trip lol

I thought that was a superb away performance. There were long periods of that 2nd half where we just bossed it, took control of the ball and just played at our pace.

We did get lucky on some occasions, but so did Sheff Utd as we could have easily had 1 or 2 in the first half. It was an honest and well fought game between two keen sides. Positive outlooks for both sides I think.

We've got ourselves a couple of quality players in attack and we're always capable of getting a moment of genius, Moussa showed that before today and he's shown it again. And we all know what Boufal can do with the ball at his feet.

Adams was unlucky today I thought, generally his performance was there, and he was getting in the right places....it will come, there's a genuine player there and we need to stick with him as the goals will come.

Overall, cracking run we've got ourselves on. Two tricky away's at Brighton and Sheff U, 6 points - didn't expect that, so onwards and upwards.