Yoshida

Bertrand

Romeu

Hojbjerg

JWP

Boufal

Djenepo

Adam's

But seeing as we've never played 433 under Ralph that seems unlikely to happen. We could play the same personnel in a 352 though.

Providing that RH keeps Vestergaard out and puts Bertrand in ...

Vestergaard scares me. I feel like he's going to fall over all the time, he certainly can't keep up with anyones pace. I'm sure even I could outpace him to be honest.

He's good for his height, no doubts there, and his use of the ball is decentish, but christ is an oaf. I'd keep Bednerak and stick Danso next to him to be honest. Bertrand LB, Valery or Cedric RB. Job done.

Considering all out centre-backs are a probably similar ish levels, as in there is no stand out one, I don't see why we can't be a bit more 'horses for courses' in selection, especially if they work at it in training.

Against Bournemouth with the pace of Wilson, King, and Fraser I think we would want the fastest defenders we have.

Vestergaard scares me. I feel like he's going to fall over all the time, he certainly can't keep up with anyones pace. I'm sure even I could outpace him to be honest.

He's good for his height, no doubts there, and his use of the ball is decentish, but christ is an oaf. I'd keep Bednerak and stick Danso next to him to be honest. Bertrand LB, Valery or Cedric RB. Job done.

We got away with it on Saturday. Having Djenepo as left-wingback, coupled with Vest as left-sided centre-back was a recipe for disaster.

Has to be Danso over Vestergaard

Vestergaard will be more suited to the inevitable hoof ball tactics from our fishy friends.

Personally feel, against the popular (lazy?) opinion that Vestergaard often has his best games against smaller, quicker forwards and struggles more against the bigger, more powerful players.

Personally feel, against the popular (lazy?) opinion that Vestergaard often has his best games against smaller, quicker forwards and struggles more against the bigger, more powerful players.

Vestergaard is rubbish in the air. He's tall, but got absolutely no leap, so even when he wins it he never generates any power.

Not sure how it's worked out bar the usual goals, assists and clean sheets. But Vestergaard is currently the best defender so far this season. According to fantasy football...
This is an incredible stat. We are all slating the best CB in the league. All jokes aside it is a fairly good indicator of performance

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Not sure how it's worked out bar the usual goals, assists and clean sheets. But Vestergaard is currently the best defender so far this season. According to fantasy football...

He’s already passed half his total for 18/19.

2 clean sheets, 1 goal. Played 90 mins 5 times, only 1 yellow card, 6 bonus points (2x player of the game).

This is an incredible stat. We are all slating the best CB in the league. All jokes aside it is a fairly good indicator of performance

It really isn't. Fantasy footy stats don't look at whether a 6ft 6 centre back stands there statuesque while the ball drifts 4 inches over his head, or he wanders upfield like van Dijk, or takes a week to turn. He was appalling on Saturday, the criticism from the commentators embarrassing, but because of the collective team effort and a little luck he picked up a fantasy footy clean sheet bonus. Stats don't tell the whole story.

Vestergaard had a bad game on Saturday, but overall he's been pretty good this year. He's definitely improved over his performances from last year.

I think he needs a proper full back playing on the same flank though, someone who is primarily defensively minded. When he gets isolated he's a liability. He wasn't quite as bad when he had Cedric playing next to him instead of Djenepo.

He’s already passed half his total for 18/19.

2 clean sheets, 1 goal. Played 90 mins 5 times, only 1 yellow card, 6 bonus points (2x player of the game).

Which are a joke to be honest. I don't play Fantasy Football anymore, but I could make a long list of things they get wrong. One is the calculation of bonus points. It's basically whoever scores, and (unless they have changed the method) it actually rewards strikers more for scoring. So if a striker scores a penalty he is nailed on to be one of the players of the game...

Vestergaard had a bad game on Saturday, but overall he's been pretty good this year. He's definitely improved over his performances from last year.

I think he needs a proper full back playing on the same flank though, someone who is primarily defensively minded. When he gets isolated he's a liability. He wasn't quite as bad when he had Cedric playing next to him instead of Djenepo.

How about his performance against Burnley?

#shortmemory

How about his performance against Burnley?

#shortmemory

He was poor, yes. First goal came about as a gust of wind took that over Vestergaard's head at the last minute (as he stepped out of the line of defence to win the ball - his role in the formation) and he fell over, but then Stephens failed to get back on the cover which is his main role as the middle centre back in a three. He should have already been dropping into the space behind Vest to cover for him. Main fault is Stephens, and Vest was unlucky with that one and it made him look particularly clumsy.

Second goal Vest dropped back in line with Stephens and Barnes got a free run as Bertrand let him move into space while he picked up the winger instead (if Cedric had done that he'd have got roasted). Poor body shape from Vest. as he lost sight of Barnes and ball watched, though. Again, the channel behind him is his biggest weakness. This goal he was particularly at fault for, though Bertrand should have given him or Romeu a call to pick up Barnes when he left him to pick up the winger.

Third goal Vest was too slow to get back into position after Bertand messed about letting the ball bounce and got robbed, and Gunn didn't exactly cover himself in glory conceding from that angle, either.

So he had a bad game, but the rest of the team didn't precisely cover themselves in glory, either and none of the goals were exclusively his fault.

#mypoicscapegoating

For managers like Wilder it’s understandable that results are all that counts. Winning within the rules of the game doesn’t matter when your excessively over-paid job depends on getting points by fair means or foul. Wilder has bleated to the press that the ball hitting JWP’s arm in a crowded penalty area should have given his team a clear shot from 12 yards out is ludicrous. But that’s not what the laws of the game provide. You don’t get a penalty for the ball simply hitting an arm and it would be madness if they did. Next time it happens to one of Wilder’s players, he’ll be the first to say it’s not a penalty. The pressure on managers to make excuses when their team loses is one of the sicknesses in the game, with money the route cause.

Bizzare comment, perhaps based on some serious rose tinted glasses.

The elbow took the ball away from a Sheffield United player that was shaping to shoot at the back post. He would have had a goal scoring change and it was hand ball... We were very lucky with that one and he has every right to complain.

He was also very even handed in his responses to both the offside goal and red card...

The elbow took the ball away from a Sheffield United player that was shaping to shoot at the back post. He would have had a goal scoring change and it was hand ball... We were very lucky with that one and he has every right to complain.

He was also very even handed in his responses to both the offside goal and red card...

It wasn't handball as the on field official and the var official confirmed, you seem disappointed? Why

Nothing to do with rose tinted glasses just fair judgement, try it

We rode our luck a bit on Saturday though. JV in particular looked more than shaky at times, and Bournemouth have much better attacking players than Sheff Utd do. I will be very surprised if we keep another clean sheet.

Exactly this. It will be a tricky one for RH...they’re a team that demands a high press and an early goal, but they have fast forwards who can hurt us on the break. Hence defensively we could be exposed.

Once more, it was going to be chest-high for their player, how is that a shooting chance?

Get Boufal/Djenepo on Diego Rico. Guy is a liability and about their 4th choice left-back.

Expect a high scoring affair again as I can't see us keeping Wilson and Fraser quiet but we should have enough to damage their backline with all the injuries they have.

Just hoping for no new injuries and a positive performance to take into the big one next Tuesday.

Once more, it was going to be chest-high for their player, how is that a shooting chance?

Come on... if you're going to argue it wasn't a penalty surely it's because JWP was unsighted or fouled and therefore unintentional handball (though I'm no longer clear on the rules, unintentional handball by a striker nullifies a goal, but for a defender doesn't mean penalty...?)

Not sure how anyone can argue that it didn't stop the ball going to a Sheff Utd player a couple of yards from an open goal. Regardless of the height of the ball, that's a goalscoring opportunity.

Boufal has to play again, as does Djenepo. If Redmond is fit I would have:

Gunn

Valery Bednarek Danso Bertrand

Romeu Hoj

Djenepo Boufal Redmond

Adams

Dropping Vestergaard as Bournemouth have some real pace up top and I think Danso's pace will be more of an asset. For me our front 4 picks itself at the moment, but gotta feel a bit for JWP and Ings as neither has played that badly. Would have JWP on the right and Djenepo on the left if Redmond is injured still. I think Boufals best role is central.

100% agree with this team. Bringing Bertrand back in is vital as that’s such a weak area. And you’re right, pace of Danso would be the route to take.

I think he’ll go 5 at the back again though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djenepo out tomorrow :( (re-occurence of previous muscle issue)

Redmond could be available though (decision tomorrow)

(source: Hassenhutl pre-match press conference)

That's not surprising about Djenepo. When he came back on to the pitch to celebrate with the rest of the players on Saturday I noticed his thigh was heavily strapped up, and in his post-macth interview Ralph praised the physios for getting him available to play in the first place.