Pompey vs Saints - Build Up

Lighthouse

There is absolutely no chance that pitch is holding up in this weather.

Shame, their form will pick up and ours will plummet if it gets postponed but our players won't fancy tonight on that pitch imo.

Jesus wept...it's one thing to have a guess how the weather / pitch may go, but to predict that after any postponement that their form "will" improve and ours will dip is daft.

Unless the ball won't move on the pitch I reckon the game will go ahead. As someone said above, heavy rain will help keep fans off the streets and the police will be happy with that. If it goes ahead, it'll be an interesting game in these conditions, if there were odds for more sending offs than goals I'd fancy a bet. 1-0 to us and 2 reds.

Been really looking forward to this, rather concerned now though a bit of a waterlogged pitch is going to put things on a level playing field and give the skates an advantage who will be used to play on cr@ppy pitches.

Still though can't wait to finish work, get down the pub in town and onto the train for a fun evening should it go ahead (which rest of day looking dry so guessing it will)

Team selection tonight will be interesting, Ralph has said he'll put our best team out but our best team includes a fair few young players that won't have played in such a hostile environment before. One of the games I'd value experience over raw talent - so McCarthy over Gunn, Cedric over Valery, Yoshi over Bednarek, probably Armstrong over JWP as he's a Pompey lad.

Seems they've got a few players out - back four and some communication at the back to deal with Kenny Jackett's hoofball and we should smash them.

Team selection tonight will be interesting, Ralph has said he'll put our best team out but our best team includes a fair few young players that won't have played in such a hostile environment before. One of the games I'd value experience over raw talent - so McCarthy over Gunn, Cedric over Valery, Yoshi over Bednarek, probably Armstrong over JWP as he's a Pompey lad.

Seems they've got a few players out - back four and some communication at the back to deal with Kenny Jackett's hoofball and we should smash them.

Sort of agree with the principle, but no way for you leave Bednarek out. And JWP plays unless he and the manager are wary of the abuse he'll get. I'd want him on the pitch, getting a hat trick.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Good luck to all of you that are going tonight - hope the police don’t hold back the fans arriving by train like they did to us in 04 and 05.

Sing your hearts out for the lads and do us proud!!

For those of us not lucky enough to be going where’s the best place to watch football in town these days with plenty of screens and an atmosphere?

Good luck to all of you that are going tonight - hope the police don’t hold back the fans arriving by train like they did to us in 04 and 05.

For those of us not lucky enough to be going where’s the best place to watch football in town these days with plenty of screens and an atmosphere?

I'd suggest Five Rivers in Beavois Valley or London Road Brew House.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We normally go to the london road brew house, it's pretty decent for sports.

Everyone going, please sing extra loud to make up for my dad, who goes every game but hasn't sung since about 1983.

I think Sky will be fading our fans out as usual as too many expletives in our short repertoire of chants for their audience on TV but hopefully all who are their are doing it for the lads on the pitch. Sha-la-la.

We normally go to the london road brew house, it's pretty decent for sports.

I don't think it's great unless you're lucky enought to get one of the tables upstairs looking at the bigger screen. The rest of the place it's a struggle to get a view of a TV and most of them are small. I think we're going to The Social in Bedford place, watched most of the England games there and the atmosphere was great. Good beer selection too.

heard Alex Crook do a preview of the game on Talksportand he propagated the SCUM thing about the dockers strike. Iwish somebody who knows the facts fully went onand put the record straight, and let him know as well

The problem there is you've included the words "Alex Crook" and "facts" in the same sentence.

Actually maybe not, I've read up on it.

If it was held at our Premier League stadium then VAR would be used.

But I doubt that they have installed all the necessary equipment at that lower league pi ss-ridden cesspit.

To be fair you wouldn't want lots of expensive cameras down there would you. Half of them will be in CEX by tomorrow evening....

heard Alex Crook do a preview of the game on Talksportand he propagated the SCUM thing about the dockers strike. Iwish somebody who knows the facts fully went onand put the record straight, and let him know as well
Suggest we have a whip round to buy you a new space bar first... ;) :)

My experience of waiting for a Pompey ambulance when one of the girls was injured at training on the island was that you'll have to wait hours, and then even longer at QA hospital casualty.

My aged mum is rather too familiar with hospitals: she's had one experience of QA and now goes to St Richards at Chichester..

I'm buzzing now. Wish I was going but I'm not in the country. I was there for the Redknapp fiasco and I was there for the draw when Lambert scored (which we should have won).

We've got to win this time.

I was there, in the Fratton End, singing with Dougal & co, when we beat them 5-2 in the league and when we beat them 7-0 in a testimonial.

I am still in contact with Dougal.

He was a great character. I used to be one of his young followers in the 60s & 70s. I remember when Man United invaded the pitch and came charging towards the Milton Road end. He ended up standing in front of the wall, with one United fan armlocked under each arm. They decided then that perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to try to get into the Milton.