Pompey vs Saints - Build Up

Lighthouse

My first post here, having been a lurker for a couple of years.

I was one of the younger ones at the Milton Road end and got to know Dougal when he picked me up off the deck after an Arsenal fan brained me with a glass bottle.

I somehow became one of the lads and had lots of fun at home and away matches. I loved the Dell and have recently gone to St Mary's as a carer for my best mate who is unfortunately confined to a wheelchair.

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear Dougal is still alive and kicking. Does he go to St Mary's?

My first post here, having been a lurker for a couple of years.

I was one of the younger ones at the Milton Road end and got to know Dougal when he picked me up off the deck after an Arsenal fan brained me with a glass bottle.

I somehow became one of the lads and had lots of fun at home and away matches. I loved the Dell and have recently gone to St Mary's as a carer for my best mate who is unfortunately confined to a wheelchair.

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear Dougal is still alive and kicking. Does he go to St Mary's?

He is the admin of a Saints chat group on Facebook. His name is John Titheridge

They're like a totally different species. The men look like Gollum and the women look like the Honey Monster.

...and they filtered out the real horrors in order to get it past the British Board of Film Censors. The original version made the Hills Have Eyes look like The Partridge Family.

I am absolutely ****ting a brick over this game now. This game could kick start their season and even though we were 2 leagues below them, they've never let us forget the 4-1. Lose this and this generation of Saints fans will never live it down and will never be allowed to forget it.

Time for our players to step the **** up and write themselves into Saints folklore!!!

They’ll have to pawn that flag for money when Eisner does one in 6 months time and they creep towards admin...

In Eisner's first get together with his new board he asked why they weren't playing their great rivals Southampton more often and suggested creating a new cup that they could compete against each other for every season:mcinnes:

True story.

In Eisner's first get together with his new board he asked why they weren't playing their great rivals Southampton more often and suggested creating a new cup that they could compete against each other for every season:mcinnes:

True story.

Until the rivalry became more bitter and intense in the 70s, we used to play each other nearly every year in friendlies, which were usually testimonials for the 2 clubs' players. My favourite was when we beat them 7-0 in the John Milkins Testimonial at Fratton Park.

Building slowly down here. Weather has done a complete U turn as it stands.

Rumours of Naylor being out but Harness may make the squad. No idea if Hawkins will play CB or ST. If he starts, expect them to line up 4-4-2 and play on the diag.

Rumours of Naylor being out but Harness may make the squad. No idea if Hawkins will play CB or ST. If he starts, expect them to line up 4-4-2 and play on the diag.

Maybe just me but I have no clue on who any of their players are. Kanu pay me now still plays for them though right?

Mate, no one knows who you're talking about.

Must have met you myself then.John lives near Highcliffe and very rarely goes now.Quite a few of us old blokes still have season tickets and meet up on the odd occasion.

I got stung by a hornet on the IOW and I ended up with a pure white patch on my head a few months later. I remember Dougal wetting himself laughing and he called me 'Badger' which seemed to stick. Those were great days and even though we were always struggling in the league there was a hardness about the team and none of this corporate rubbish there is these days.

Anyway, it would be a pleasure to meet up with anyone from back then.

Hoping tonight goes well and we well and truly stuff the rabble down the road.

Can we hear more about Dougal please? Was he our leader? What did he do away from football? Was he mental or just hard?

He ate Tottenham supporters for breakfast and even the match coppers left him alone. As a 15/16 year old, you felt quite safe with him at matches.