Next 7 (League) fixtures

Heisenberg

Tottenham Hotspur A -- Can't see anything but a Spurs win there..

Chelsea H --- I'd like to think we could scrape a draw.

Wolverhampton Wanderers A ----- Maybe a draw. We have a break before this.

Leicester City H --- Probably a loss.

Manchester City A ---- I see a creditable loss here.

Everton H ---- Win.

Arsenal A --- Loss.

Ouch.

5 points. Will keep us about 15th/16th.

Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal are the three top 6 sides easily there for the taking this season.

Everton are meh, some good players on paper but no real fight in them.

Wolves are struggling as well. Leicester will play out from the back so if our pressing game is on point we could hurt them.

Last year that would have been a very difficult run of games, this year not so much IMO. Also if we are out of the relegation zone after that run then not too bad as we would have played 13, and would have played all the top 9 from last year in those fixtures.

Edited by tajjuk

I think it will be important for all involved to be realistic. So far we have only played one non top 6 side at home and now we have this death run. The second half of the season will be much easier. I already feel like people are freaking out with talk of our "weak home form" after 2 of our 3 home games being against Liverpool and United.

We have 7 points from 6 games, that has us on for about 45 points a season. That is the same point total Puel got to bring us 8th. Just remain calm, remember comfortable mid table finishes imply atleast a few losses against teams of Bournemouth size, and try not to panic. We should be fine.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

I think it will be important for all involved to be realistic. So far we have only played one non top 6 side at home and now we have this death run. The second half of the season will be much easier. I already feel like people are freaking out with talk of our "weak home form" after 2 of our 3 home games being against Liverpool and United.

We have 7 points from 6 games, that has us on for about 45 points a season. That is the same point total Puel got to bring us 8th. Just remain calm, remember comfortable mid table finishes imply atleast a few losses against teams of Bournemouth size, and try not to panic. We should be fine.

Don't we have to play all the same teams again in the second half of the season?

Don't we have to play all the same teams again in the second half of the season?
Yes, but we will have teams like Brighton, Sheffield, Burnley at home. We will admittedly have big teams like Liverpool away but we won't be expected to beat them in either so it's kind of a moot point.

• 2 weeks later...
I make it 5 points thanks to a point each from Wolves and Leicester and 3 from Everton, unless Ralph continues to fart-arse about playing players out of position and then I expect zero points.
That'd be 12 points by the end of November.

Hughes was sacked with 9 points by the end of November.

Progress... ?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

That'd be 12 points by the end of November.

Hughes was sacked with 9 points by the end of November.

Progress... ?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

That's a 33% increase in points! :)

Seriously though, I'd say that's more to do with the fixtures. Look at our home games; Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Leicester, Bournemouth and Everton. None of them are easy. Hughes by comparison had failed to beat Brighton, Burnley, Leicester, Watford, Newcastle, Man Utd and Chelsea when he was sacked.

A significant factor in the way things are going now is that none of our summer signings are contributing at present.

Djenepo is injured, possibly long-term, Adams can't get off the mark and confidence is fading away, Danso hasn't been given a chance except in the wrong positions. I know Ings is technically a signing, but he isn't a change.

Add to that the sale of Targett and many loans out and the squad currently being used is actually weaker than this time last year

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Next 7 are properly make or break...

Watford H

Norwich H

Newcastle A

West Ham H

Aston Villa A

Chelsea A

Crystal Palace H

5 points, beat Watford, draw Norwich and Villa. The others we either never get anything from or have too much power and pace for our powder puffs, ie WHU and Palace.

Next 7 are properly make or break...

Watford H

Norwich H

Newcastle A

West Ham H

Aston Villa A

Chelsea A

Crystal Palace H

We'll get something from Watford and Norwich, i'd go for 4 points from those two. We never beat Newcastle away so that'll be a loss, West Ham are in poor form but too physical for us, though i think we can nick a point, Villa and Chelsea will beat us away and i think we can beat Palace.

So 8 points best case scenario for me.

To stand any chance of staying up we need 12 points from that lot. Not sure its going to happen.

To start with we’d need to win the next two home games, not impossible but I don’t recall the last time we back to back home victories, I barely can recall the last single home victory.

To start with we’d need to win the next two home games, not impossible but I don’t recall the last time we back to back home victories, I barely can recall the last single home victory.

The White Witch spell has run out - we need her (or someone better) to top it up again!

7 points from these games imo.

I actually think we'll beat Norwich as they'll come and attack us but Watford we'll struggle with. They still have some very decent players (Pereyra, Deulofeu, Doucoure) and Deeney vs Stephens is a bit worrying!

Doucoure has apparently had a shocker this season so hopefully that continues.

Watford D

Norwich W

Newcastle D

West Ham L

Villa D

Chelsea L

Palace D