Pompey 0-4 Saints - Reaction

Lighthouse

I watched the game on Sky and was disappointed that Danny Higginbottom didnt say anything good about our club but also praised them to the highest degree.

As for the game as Isaw it. I felt that Obefemi , Hoj wilted under the atmosphere.

Cedric, Yoshida Bednarek and the brilliant Ings thrived on it and were very good on the noght. Romeau was middle ground as was JWP although you could tell he really wanted it.

Mc Carthy made a couple of decent sves but didnt command the box to take the pressure off our defence.

I didnt really know any of their players but I thought Williams was a constant threat, and he was the best they had. Their forwards were poor although Marquis did do that snap shot that caught Mcarthy napping. (dirty elbow that hopefully gets picked up by the authorities)Curtis I had heard good stories about but I couldn't see him really stepping up the leagues at present.

Their fans gave the usual abuse and created quite a lot of noise but quietened for long spells as the game went on.

All in all Ings was the one who stood up and gave the rest of the team the confidence

Agree about Higginbottom had nothing good say about saints would never believe he played for us

Agree about Higginbottom had nothing good say about saints would never believe he played for us

He never does. did he not enjoy his time here or is he narked because we didn't give him any special clap when he came back to play against us?

I've heard him a fair bit on the radio and the way he describes games, it's as though he has never played the game before in his life. He goes into great detail about tactics and seems incredibly thorough, but the long and short of it is that he talks absolutely utter ********. As an ex Saint I want to agree with his theories and dissections, but pretty much every time I just shake my head and disagree completely. Of course it could be me that doesn't know his arse from his elbow, and the fact he was a professional footballer for so long severely weakens my position, however if he offered his services as a coach to my five a side team I'd have to decline it. He's ****ing clueless. The worst radio co-commentator out there IMO and there's some beauties.

He never does. did he not enjoy his time here or is he narked because we didn't give him any special clap when he came back to play against us?

I've heard him a fair bit on the radio and the way he describes games, it's as though he has never played the game before in his life. He goes into great detail about tactics and seems incredibly thorough, but the long and short of it is that he talks absolutely utter ********. As an ex Saint I want to agree with his theories and dissections, but pretty much every time I just shake my head and disagree completely. Of course it could be me that doesn't know his arse from his elbow, and the fact he was a professional footballer for so long severely weakens my position, however if he offered his services as a coach to my five a side team I'd have to decline it. He's ****ing clueless. The worst radio co-commentator out there IMO and there's some beauties.

Reading Jason Dodds comments pre game he said some of the players in the 4-1 game wilted on the day, listening to him and the way he spoke he may have been one of those

So hungover today. So worth it though.

Hope that Marquis **** gets retrospective active taken against him for that elbow. Hoping the police plan on handing tough sentences to all the skates that got arrested like they did in 2010 when they made an example of our fans.

Two requests please

Can someone please upload the picture of the two babies, one laughing merrily and the other bawling his head off

and the picture of a baby and the proposed new stadium at the harbour in their town

The pompey potty?

Damn... i drew that years ago... if thats still floating about, fair play..

Unforgettable experience and night....

Lost phone, £200 cash and apple airpods but still loved every minute of that.

3 hours sleep and over 1,200 miles traveled and my only regret is that the forum PM boys didn't have the bottle to at least say hi. Was looking forward to meeting my fanclub :lol:

Met lad from Towie show (itv) who claims to be Ings brother? Is that legit?

3 hours sleep and over 1,200 miles traveled and my only regret is that the forum PM boys didn't have the bottle to at least say hi. Was looking forward to meeting my fanclub :lol:

Conveniently lost your phone with all the pictures. Perhaps your mates will have a selfie of you to post up at the ground

That's a real shame and obviously means that you won't be able to post a few pictures of you being there !!

Firstly the match (the part I saw, see below):

- poor quality game, but who cares, albeit to be fair surface very wet down our end on side of pitch where dugouts were saw some struggling to keep on their feet

- Yoshida and Bednarek excellentg and should be nailed on to start at Spurs

- Romeu a real physical force, and Cedric good form rewarded with a goal

- never for one moment felt they would get back into it in the second half and only a matter of time before we added more. Felt we were in cruise control mode

- The moron who ran across the pitch to deliver hand gestures to 2000 Saints fans as we were all kept back is I am sure the pride of his family. Truly embarrassing

In terms of off field matters, had no option but to get train coming from work expecting to get to Fratton an hour before kick off, but Pompey fans got on the mainline and managed to stop trains and as a result Network Rail switched off power. As a result many Saints fans arrived very late after Ings’ first goal.

After the match fair play to the police who dont get too much thanks. Did a great job of safely getting everyone back to station past the maronic Blue Few, and despite some attempts at some “action” by a few locals on the other platform managed it all brilliantly and got those of us who did not need the non stop service back to Soton into sections of the train away from skates. Well done Old Bill, and I hope they lock up the jerk who punched the horse and throw away the key

we were diabolical 1st 20 minutes. they should have been 3 up before we even got out our own half. i never feklt comfortable til the 3rd goal went it. Hoyjberg looked like a rabbit in the headlights the whole game!. romeo and bednerak were immense.

and manage to walk back to my car without getting my head kicked in was a bonus, altho looked like id have to leave it there for the night at one point when we were kettled all the way to the station!

Two requests please

Can someone please upload the picture of the two babies, one laughing merrily and the other bawling his head off

and the picture of a baby and the proposed new stadium at the harbour in their town

Do you mean this one (from the VAR thread, posted the other day) - https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?61155-VAR&p=2761345#post2761345

I hear you punched a horse!

Did you take a shortcut via Aberdeen?

It felt sweet driving through Portsmouth today, unsurprisingly subdued but still full of the oddballs.

Not a great display last night I didn’t think, but if I'm honest I couldn't give a flaming ****. We just done them 4-0 in their own ****ing back yard. Have that.

They are so pathetically bad it's laughable really. I don't even care who we have in the next round, just the fact we did them 4-0 is amazing. Definitely a case of who the **** is laughing now...

Seriously....why does anyone care whether we played well or started well??? The ONLY thing hst mattered was the win and it was a decent one too. When you know as many Skate ***** as I do it is very pleasing and will make life a little more bearable around them for probsbly quite a while!!!!

But how much did your bet on 4-0 and Ings first to score land you? Probably made up for the losses?

I saw a really fat bloke but wasn't certain it was you as he only had 1 seat.

Google maps reckons it is less than 900 miles from Glasgow to Pompey. Did your taxi driver rip you off ??

No one would speak to you because they had worked out who you were,

the lingering smell of bull shyte when you spoke would make you easily identifiable as the twa t from Glasgow

I hope people realise the significance of last night. Saints fans that haven't even been born yet will be talking about this result in 30/40 years, much like we do with Moran, and saying how they wished they could have been there.

Those of us lucky enough to be there will never forget it.

Didn't notice at the time but Obefemi's pass for Ings' first goal was deflected and it was lucky it got to him. The assist for Ings' second was great.

Apart from that though, I thought he had a pretty average game. Gave the ball away several times in the second before he was subbed.

No one would speak to you because they had worked out who you were,

the lingering smell of bull shyte when you spoke would make you easily identifiable as the twa t from Glasgow

LOL. It was a perfect Heisenpost.

- lost phone - can't take photos - check

- 200 pounds - big man with wealth to show off - check

- Apple products - see above - check

- 3 hours sleep - tough guy image - check

- 1,200 miles - gets the distance utterly wrong - check

- PM boys - he receives hate mail all day every day, pity me - check

- Towie - name dropping to look important - check

Don't think I've ever sent a PM to him except for telling him to **** off after he sent a "respect me" PM.

What a ****ing bull****ting oddball.

Excellent result, don't give a monkeys about the early match performance which from everything read and seen appears shaky at the back.

This puts the skates crawling firmly back under their stone for a while.

Colchester or Crawley at home next round will do nicely.

Don't think I've ever sent a PM to him except for telling him to **** off after he sent a "respect me" PM.

amazing luck, lost phone money, apple products but not the match ticket. He's always such a lucky lad

I hope people realise the significance of last night. Saints fans that haven't even been born yet will be talking about this result in 30/40 years, much like we do with Moran, and saying how they wished they could have been there.

Those of us lucky enough to be there will never forget it.

Fair play mate. Iconic moment of being a saints fan...

What as it like getting to/from the ground and in the away end.?

Good to see the away end go equally mad when Redmond scored.

Don’t forget he obtained a ticket by sheer sense of will.

Fantasist who clearly wasn’t there.

Fair play mate. Iconic moment of being a saints fan...

What as it like getting to/from the ground and in the away end.?

Good to see the away end go equally mad when Redmond scored.

Was an absolute breeze on the coach. From what I've seen and heard the walk from the station was somewhat interesting but there certainly wasn't any mass disorder to the point where police lost control.

Some scuffles, Saints more than holding their own in the clashes that happened.

Pompey fans cleared out after the game, those who hung around and refused to move away were dealt with robustly by the police.

There's a lot the police get wrong in terms of football but last night's operation was pretty successful from what I can make out. They threw a lot of resources and planning into it and made it work out despite not having a bubble.

Poopey fans leaving FOURtress Fratton early??? That's fake news!!

Some left when the 4th went in, but the majority stayed until the end and didn't stop singing. As much as I dislike them they did get behind their team even though they were getting a thrashing.

Was a proper atmosphere last night, both sets of fans were giving it plenty.

Was an absolute breeze on the coach. From what I've seen and heard the walk from the station was somewhat interesting but there certainly wasn't any mass disorder to the point where police lost control.

Some scuffles, Saints more than holding their own in the clashes that happened.

Pompey fans cleared out after the game, those who hung around and refused to move away were dealt with robustly by the police.

There's a lot the police get wrong in terms of football but last night's operation was pretty successful from what I can make out. They threw a lot of resources and planning into it and made it work out despite not having a bubble.

Only 5 arrests, that must have included the Saints mush who jumped into their herberts and their pony-puncher. I trust the OB were filming all the skates rattling the low roadside barriers as our fans strolled past unchallenged, plenty of Saints fans got the 5am knock and even prison for that.