Central Midfield Depth

Dusic

i know this thread is about the midfield but in ralph's preferred shape of 4-2-2-2 ideally he deploys his front pairing with one cf as a focal point for crosses and long punts forward in the shape of poulsen at RB leipzeig and a smaller, quicker CF in the shape of werner, who latches onto the knockdowns, lay offs and flick offs that poulsen provides. this proved a lethal combination of strength, aerial threat, pace and skill that most in the bundesliga and europe struggled to handle.

the reason i brought this up is that i happened upon pelle's stats since his move to china, and they make for an impressive reading. he has provided, goals and assists combined, 58 goals in 84 games. including 15 goals and 3 assists in 20 games this season. he seems to be doing a zlatan in that his form isn't dipping despite his age(34). i get that the chinese league is nowhere near EPL levels, but after a few seasons of receiving fat pay cheques probs resulting a bank account with staggering amounts on it, maybe he could come here in january and spark our season to life. adams/ings could plunder goals galore with him holding up the ball and opening up space. Just wishful thinking on my part tho.

i know this thread is about the midfield but in ralph's preferred shape of 4-2-2-2 ideally he deploys his front pairing with one cf as a focal point for crosses and long punts forward in the shape of poulsen at RB leipzeig and a smaller, quicker CF in the shape of werner, who latches onto the knockdowns, lay offs and flick offs that poulsen provides. this proved a lethal combination of strength, aerial threat, pace and skill that most in the bundesliga and europe struggled to handle.

the reason i brought this up is that i happened upon pelle's stats since his move to china, and they make for an impressive reading. he has provided, goals and assists combined, 58 goals in 84 games. including 15 goals and 3 assists in 20 games this season. he seems to be doing a zlatan in that his form isn't dipping despite his age(34). i get that the chinese league is nowhere near EPL levels, but after a few seasons of receiving fat pay cheques probs resulting a bank account with staggering amounts on it, maybe he could come here in january and spark our season to life. adams/ings could plunder goals galore with him holding up the ball and opening up space. Just wishful thinking on my part tho.

That ship has sailed. But he's exactly the type of player we've needed since ... um, he left.