Cedric mystery

sydenhamssocks

Cedric has posted a picture on Instagram and has his leg strapped with an anti-compression machine (?) so looks like he was injured and that can put a stop to the conspiracy theories on here!

I guess we have to take that as proof then, just amazed Ralph still didn't know anything about that after the match on Saturday. Drama over :p

why didn’t he slot Valery straight in, it is bizarre putting the bloody terrible Vestaguard straight back in at short notice too.

Also it is evident that Ralph is losing some respect with his fall outs and favouritism to certain players what ever their form.

Not so sure at all about him now, he is very sure of himself but doesn’t back it up....The decision making just gets more and more odd.

This is what gets me. If Cedric was injured in the warm up, as appears to be the case, you'd put Valery straight in at RB. Did RH use the injury to then change tactics to three at the back? Or perhaps Valery had a niggle he knew about and wouldn't have been able to play the full 90 minutes. Which would beg the question why put him on the bench?

This is what gets me. If Cedric was injured in the warm up, as appears to be the case, you'd put Valery straight in at RB. Did RH use the injury to then change tactics to three at the back? Or perhaps Valery had a niggle he knew about and wouldn't have been able to play the full 90 minutes. Which would beg the question why put him on the bench?

My take was that he only rated a back 4 with the players he had in plan to start. As soon as that back 4 was not going to happen he wanted to revert to a back 5 as our “reserve” players need the support, so the simple solution was to put Vest in there and shuffle JWP.

Might be totally wrong.

He had an opportunity to replace a player and clearly wanted to use full advantage of knowing the opposing lineup, by changing his team's approach.

It didn't work, but that's down to the players at his disposal being poor rather than the tactics employed. We had chances to win the game, but what can he do about Ings missing another sitter or Lloris making a couple of world class saves?

Some of our fan base is a right bunch of whingers. If it's not complaining about everyone not singing fully for 90 mins, it's our players not being top 6 quality, or their personal favorite players not getting the nod.

Cedric was injured straight from the horse's mouth

Unfortunately couldn’t help my team due an injury during the warming up for the Tottenham game but I’m working on a speedy recovery.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OficialCedric/status/1178786842541531143?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-32644698532708415075.ampproject.net%2F1909241711100%2Fframe.html

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

He had an opportunity to replace a player and clearly wanted to use full advantage of knowing the opposing lineup, by changing his team's approach.

It didn't work, but that's down to the players at his disposal being poor rather than the tactics employed. We had chances to win the game, but what can he do about Ings missing another sitter or Lloris making a couple of world class saves?

Some of our fan base is a right bunch of whingers. If it's not complaining about everyone not singing fully for 90 mins, it's our players not being top 6 quality, or their personal favorite players not getting the nod.

This.

Usual fans conspiracy theory nonsense. I have it on good authority (won't name my source) that Cedric picked up an injury in the warm up. Nothing more than that.

Correct. Nothing to see here. There are even some pictures of him hobbling off the pitch during the warm up. Still let’s not let FACTs get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Correct. Nothing to see here. There are even some pictures of him hobbling off the pitch during the warm up. Still let’s not let FACTs get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

If only Ralph had come out and said so rather than saying after the mach that he didn't know anything about an injury or why Cedric pulled out, speculation could have been nipped in the bud instantly.