Saints vs Chelsea - Build Up

Lighthouse

When was the last time we beat any of them at home?

Drew against United, lost last time at home to Leicester (although they were managed by Puel so we would stand a better chance of beating them this time around), West Ham a bit of a bogey team for us at the moment.

I'd put them more at the level of Arsenal and Spurs, two teams who we did beat at home...

I expect a defeat however.

Strong line ups from both teams, wasn't expecting Long to start over Boufal but it makes sense with how high Chelsea's fullbacks play. Zouma is a liability, we should score at least 1. Convicted murderer Alonso will score though, hopefully we can get a draw.

Oh good, Angus Gunn.

Wow. You really have got it in for him, haven't you!

He may be far from being a top quality keeper, but I really don't see that McCarthy is a better option right now. There's very little between them IMO.

They will both make some decent saves now and again, then have occasional brain farts and let in silly goals that they should be saving.

Always used to think of a home game as one where we'd at least give the opposition a game, however good. For a while now we've tended to struggle for points at St Mary's and I find myself almost hating the place.

Prove me wrong Saints.