Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 119 of 119

Thread: Can you hear the Saints fans sing?

  1. #101

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Romsey.
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    It was so bad it was surreal, never been in the Northam and been so quiet; didnt even sing sha la la at the beginning!

    I put it down mostly to never kicking towards us in the second half

  2. Default

    Is there a singing block for Wolves yet? Just about to book my tickets.

  3. #103

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fanimal View Post
    It was so bad it was surreal, never been in the Northam and been so quiet; didnt even sing sha la la at the beginning!

    I put it down mostly to never kicking towards us in the second half
    Think in reality of the 15 wins in soon to be 61 home games was about to become a reality pretty early on, most folks saw it as being a safe bet as the game trundled on - as said elsewhere the afternoon was summed up on the final whistle when pretty much everyone left in the ground wasn’t prepared to waste any more energy on the team and Boo the performance.
    Doesn't matter which way we were kicking, you could have kept the Chelsea fans in the car park all game and it would have still been like a library.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbria Saint View Post
    Is there a singing block for Wolves yet? Just about to book my tickets.
    Ah. I see I am too late and it is sold out!

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    Yesterday we had the worst atmosphere at St Mary's in my memory, there were people videoing Abraham when he scored, people staying behind for selfies with the players of the team that had just smashed us after the game, half half scarves everywhere and tourists in every end of the ground.

    Surely now we have to accept something is wrong and do something about it instead of burying our head in the sand as saying how great it all is?
    Not sure what you suggest. The PL and PL club's want it this way. They want stadiums full of half and half wearing Football tourists, taking selfies, buying match day souvenirs, drinking £6 pints and eating expensive burgers in fake club pub-bistros or chilling out in manufactured fan zones. Anything vaguely tribal or edgy isn't to be welcomed anymore.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  6. #106

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Croydon
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Is this anything to do with 'Northam Celebrity' Hat K ^nt and his bunch ?
    categorically no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbria Saint View Post
    Is there a singing block for Wolves yet? Just about to book my tickets.
    Those were already on sale at the time this idea was in it's infancy.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthamSteve View Post
    Those were already on sale at the time this idea was in it's infancy.
    Thanks. Anyway now managed to get tickets in the newly released block. COYR.

  8. #108

    Default

    We’ve got hardly any songs about the players, mainly because we don’t like most of our players, we hardly ever win at home, the club are quick to ban anyone who is seen as a bit rowdy , we live in the times of manufactured plastic atmosphere and light shows where fans are encouraged to text a steward if they’re a bit offended by anything. Looks like there will be plenty of empty seats for Leicester but hopefully a better atmosphere without the ‘big game tourists’

  9. #109

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Fine City of Southampton
    Posts
    3,228

    Default

    Seen this elsewhere, could have legs



    1-2-3-4
    Pompey got battered
    4-0 at home
    Pompey got battered
    4-0 at home
    4-0 at hoooome

    1-2-3-4
    Pompey got battered
    In their own backyard
    Pompey got battered
    In their own backyard
    In their own backyaaaard

  10. #110

    Default

    [QUOTE=alehouseboys;2768364]Seen this elsewhere, could have legs

    [video=youtube;AXIVM1y4oDc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXIVM1y4oDc[/video

    1-2-3-4
    Pompey got battered
    4-0 at home
    Pompey got battered
    4-0 at home
    4-0 at hoooome

    5678
    red and white army
    everywhere we go
    red and white army
    everywhere we gooo
    everywhere we goooo

  11. #111

    Default

    Few lads i know hopefully get this going today

  12. #112

    Default

    Was another amazing atmosphere today then... god our support is a mess.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alehouseboys View Post
    Seen this elsewhere, could have legs



    1-2-3-4
    Pompey got battered
    4-0 at home
    Pompey got battered
    4-0 at home
    4-0 at hoooome

    1-2-3-4
    Pompey got battered
    In their own backyard
    Pompey got battered
    In their own backyard
    In their own backyaaaard
    Youtube isn't working, what tune is this to?

  14. Default

    My perception may be skewed by the fact I was right in the corner and it's a long old end, but I thought the support was really poor today.

  15. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    My perception may be skewed by the fact I was right in the corner and it's a long old end, but I thought the support was really poor today.

    Your perception is spot on. It was terrible. The away end doesnít help but itís not like itís any different from recent games


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    Your perception is spot on. It was terrible. The away end doesnít help but itís not like itís any different from recent games


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well it was very audible on the radio and the TV so perhaps you have got it wrong. Our away support is good and you just perceive its poor

  17. #117

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Fine City of Southampton
    Posts
    3,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alehouseboys View Post

    1-2-3-4
    Pompey got battered
    4-0 at home
    Pompey got battered
    4-0 at home
    4-0 at hoooome

    1-2-3-4
    Pompey got battered
    In their own backyard
    Pompey got battered
    In their own backyard
    In their own backyaaaard
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Youtube isn't working, what tune is this to?
    This one

    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...gue-euro-2020/

  18. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    well it was very audible on the radio and the TV so perhaps you have got it wrong. Our away support is good and you just perceive its poor

    Out away support has been terrible the last few games, tv and radio control mic placement and which noise they broadcast.

    Personally Iíd go with people who were there over that. And the fact so many that were there are saying itís sh*t must tell you something.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #119

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Dubai
    Posts
    10,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    My perception may be skewed by the fact I was right in the corner and it's a long old end, but I thought the support was really poor today.
    Difficult to get everybody singing at the same time due to the long but not very deep side of the ground. I too was in the corner and when you looked down to the other end you could see that pockets of fans were singing and clapping
    but you could barely hear what song it was, so couldn't join in.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •